PDA

View Full Version : Had to put another one of my fur-babies down today

Aloha from paradise
07-30-2009, 07:10 PM
T.O came down with URI infection. Took him to the vet ,started him on meds and by the next day he was worse. Took him back and left him with the vet. Poor baby had a high fever, nasty eyes, runny nose and sneezing and coughing like crazy. Not eating or drinking. The vet tried to put an IV in his leg so he wouldn't get dehydrated but T.O. wasn't having any of that. So they were giving him subcutaneous fluids. When I went to see him today he was having trouble breathing and looked just awful. So I told the vet to put him down. Now all my other cats have URI and are on meds. That crap spreads like fire. This has been a horrible day. I hope my other cats get better before I leave for Utah on Monday. It sucks that I have to go to Utah to watch Sawyer while still not knowing if they got all of the cancer when they removed my husbands prostate. I took care of my mother-in-law for about four years before she died and now have been taking care of my father-in-law who has Alzheimer's for years. I don't want to take care of my father-in-law anymore. We have hired a young couple to move in with him while I'm gone. I feel like I'm about to lose my mind. I don't want to leave Randy here while I go to Utah but the houses have not sold! He had to go back to work to get medical insurance in case he still has cancer and might need chemo. I feel like a bad person for not wanting to take care of my father-in-law anymore but I have reached the end of my rope. I am starting to resent him and I never wanted that to happen.

Goodbye my sweet T. O. I will miss you but will see you at the rainbow bridge. Mom and Dad will miss you my 17 pound baby.:sob:sob

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/shirl50/justpictures008.jpg

OmaLisa
07-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Hugs to you. I'm so sorry about T.O. I hope all the other cats get better soon. It sounds like life is pretty stressfull right now. Trust me, your not a bad person for your thoughts. It's sounds like you've been an angel taking care of everyone around you. Please take care of yourself.

ilovecats
07-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Sorry for your loss and all the stress you are going through.You are not a bad person at all.I don't think you post that often but the times you have,you have made it quite clear what a beautiful person you are.Don't feel bad for having thoughts you have no control over,we are only human.I hope things get better for you soon.

gmyers
07-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Don't feel bad you're going through a lot right now and taking care of someone with Alzheimers is really stressful. And I'm really sorry for the loss of your cat and I hope your husband is completely free of the cancer.

speedygirl
07-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Hugs to you. I'm sorry for the loss of your fur baby. RIP T.O.

Airbuswife
07-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Oh Shirl! you sound like you have your plate very full! please DONT feel guilty for hiring help for your father in law, some people can help people like that, and others cant (like me) He is in the best hands while you are gone. i pray that hubby's cancer will be taken care of by God, and that you have a safe and fun week in utah. Hugs to you girl!

Aloha from paradise
07-30-2009, 09:01 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for your kind words and thoughts. It is nice to know that I won't be flamed because I'm so tired of watching my Father-in-law. I feel I have done the best I could all these years and just have nothing else to give. Thanks again for the pick me up:)

shadowcats
07-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Hugs to you. I'm sorry for the loss of your fur baby. RIP T.O.

im so sorry your baby is gone to the rainbow bridge,,,,,,,, hes so beautiful
on of my fur babies looks just like him , hes a ragdoll kitty and we call him dusty , hes black with white tips on his fur like hes dragged his belly through the dust , and i know my hubby would die if his baby had to be put to sleep and i know if any of my babys got sick id be just devastated by it. so i ll pray for your little angels and dont feel bad about your father in law, believe me he would understand , and im sure the couple with take great care of him.
so hold on things always look darker before the dawn,
and thing WILL TURN AROUND and things will get better ,
hugs to you both , i m a cancer suvivior for the last 12 years or more so keep your hopes high and look to the heavens whence comes hope. :angel::grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Aloha from paradise
07-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Oh Shirl! you sound like you have your plate very full! please DONT feel guilty for hiring help for your father in law, some people can help people like that, and others cant (like me) He is in the best hands while you are gone. i pray that hubby's cancer will be taken care of by God, and that you have a safe and fun week in utah. Hugs to you girl!

Thanks Jackie but I'm not going for just a week. I may be gone 6 months I just don't know. I will be looking for someone to watch Sawyer while I'm back in Utah. But there are so many nut jobs out there you have to be very careful.

jcw
07-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Hugs to you

lucimPI
07-30-2009, 10:28 PM
A BIG hug for you. I wish that what you are going through was something that you could just take 2 aspirin and lay in bed for a couple of hours. You have done more for your in-laws than anyone I have ever known and now it is time for you to take a little break. My thoughts are with you, my friend.

dv8grl
07-31-2009, 03:18 AM
Awww. Sorry for your loss. :hug :grouphug :hug

Eyore
07-31-2009, 07:52 AM
Sorry for the loss of your kitty. I don't think your bad for not wanting to take of your FIL anymore. From what understand taking care of a Alzheimer's person is very hard.

I'm mixed up though. I thought you moved from Hawaii to Utah and that is where you are living. Can you tell I don't follow things very well. LOL

Army-Mom
07-31-2009, 08:24 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

fleabones3
07-31-2009, 10:35 AM
I am so very sorry for the loss of your TO .. that is very very hard.

Aloha from paradise
07-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Sorry for the loss of your kitty. I don't think your bad for not wanting to take of your FIL anymore. From what understand taking care of a Alzheimer's person is very hard.

I'm mixed up though. I thought you moved from Hawaii to Utah and that is where you are living. Can you tell I don't follow things very well. LOL

Our houses still have not sold. The guy who wanted to buy them can't get a loan. We are still stuck here in Hawaii. My daughter and grandsons are living in Utah.

Eyore
07-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Ohhh, now I understand. Hope your house sales fast so you can move to Utah.

pepperpot
07-31-2009, 04:11 PM
You are such a giving and caring person.....seems like you gave so much you forgot to keep a little for yourself :hug.....please take care of yourself. I'm sure with a bit of a break (change of scenery/stress is more like it, I know), you'll get a second wind and your 'cup' will be full again.....:hug

Wishing you the best and a quick 'renewal' and some big breaks real soon! :hug

Willow
07-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Shirl I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. That's the one that looks like our Salem. You have been through so much lately. You're still in our prayers.

whatever
07-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Just now reading this. I'm so sorry Shirl. I know how it feels to have to put a pet down.......:(
And if I'm understanding correctly you have had to put two down. I can't imagine.....Not at the same time!! Pets are like Fur-kids.:)

My heart TRULY goes out to you.

Aloha from paradise
07-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Just now reading this. I'm so sorry Shirl. I know how it feels to have to put a pet down.......:(
And if I'm understanding correctly you have had to put two down. I can't imagine.....Not at the same time!! Pets are like Fur-kids.:)

My heart TRULY goes out to you.

I only put one down yesterday. T.O. Today I took two more to the vets and Magenta who looks just like T.O. did doesn't seem to be getting any better. I was so happy to see Mariah actually eating some food tonight. It feels like her fever has gone down but I'm not giving up on Magenta yet!

DAVESBABYDOLL
08-01-2009, 01:50 AM
I'm sorry Shirl. I hope your other two furbabies feel better.