PDA

View Full Version : FN cable

Urban Cowgirl
07-29-2009, 10:54 AM
UGH....my cable box was not working yesterday. Well they came out today and had to replace it....now how am I supposed to see all the shows I had on the DVR. You'd think they'd let you keep the old cable box so you could watch your dvr'd stuff, but nooooo.

krisharry
07-29-2009, 12:07 PM
that sucks, happened to us w/dish once-DH was flying mad about all the shows

ElleGee
07-29-2009, 02:12 PM
I had 4 movies saved on the box's DVR when they came and replaced mine.. I was soooo pissed.. Been there..

Vash Fan
07-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Me too. Lost a whole season of Heroes. :(

skyrider
07-29-2009, 05:15 PM
UGH....my cable box was not working yesterday. Well they came out today and had to replace it....now how am I supposed to see all the shows I had on the DVR. You'd think they'd let you keep the old cable box so you could watch your dvr'd stuff, but nooooo.

hmmmmmmmmm as I work for a cable company i have to tell you ....if your box is not working then you can't watch the things on dvr if it was working your wouldn't have had to call a tech .... thats why I always tell my customers to back things up with a vcr or a dvd burner its the same with a tivo if it breaks you don't get your programs ie its not a vcr or a dvd burner it copies the programs to a hard drive and just like your computer, if it crashes and you have to reformat the computer you lose everything and the same goes for a dvr

Urban Cowgirl
07-29-2009, 05:37 PM
hmmmmmmmmm as I work for a cable company i have to tell you ....if your box is not working then you can't watch the things on dvr if it was working your wouldn't have had to call a tech .... thats why I always tell my customers to back things up with a vcr or a dvd burner its the same with a tivo if it breaks you don't get your programs ie its not a vcr or a dvd burner it copies the programs to a hard drive and just like your computer, if it crashes and you have to reformat the computer you lose everything and the same goes for a dvr

Dunno what to say...it was fried as far as getting the incoming signal, but I was watching things on the DVR just fine. I got the dvr in order to stop using vcr tapes.

I just thought since the dvr part was still working they might be nice enough to leave it here for a few weeks so I could watch my stuff.