PDA

View Full Version : surgery

tljohn123
07-29-2009, 08:21 AM
I am having surgery on the 6th. Got a kidney stone that refuses to come out so doc is going to get it. Problem is, I'm so darn sick and can't do a lot of anything. Ed has to drive me because the pain pills I am on make me so out of it. And my short term disability seems to think that I can drive and that I'm not supposed to be out of work until next week. Ummm...what!

Anyway, doc is going to go in and take a look around just to make sure nothing is blocking any tubes, and then probably going to put in stents. Has anyone ever had that done? Not sure what to expect.

gmyers
07-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Didn't get the stents but have had them go in and take a kidney stone out that was partially blocking my kidney. Afterward I only felt a stinging sensation when I peed and it went away within a few days for me.

skyrider
07-29-2009, 10:57 AM
I have had major kidney surgery once and the 2nd time did the sonic thingy to crush the stones and the last time i did have a stent. The good news is pain will be gone right away and I was scared as heck to have the stent removed ( had it in for about a week) no getting knocked out for that part but took all of 30 seconds and no pain. they tell me i have kidney stones again but won't do anything about them until i am in agony and the stones block me up again , rotten docs.

tljohn123
07-29-2009, 11:49 AM
its the removal of the stents that's scaring me...they did caution me not to pull the wires...now that sounds kind of gross lol. I would have thought they would leave those things in permanently...but guess not. I also have to do a 24 hr collection again to find out what is causing the stones to keep forming. Then based on that, doc is supposed to change my meds. I'm looking forward to not getting these darn things again. At least, that's the plan!

gmyers
07-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Are you taking cranberry pills? They really do promote kidney and urinary tract health. I was getting urinary and bladder infection every few months till I started taking them haven't had any since. And I got kidney stones three times in six months till I started taking them. I get them at Walmart for $4 something dollars and I swear by them.They say to take 6 a day but I only take two and I haven't had any more problems with stones or infections. I'm glad someone told me about them.

krisharry
07-29-2009, 12:08 PM
good luck w/the surgery, dh had it done and removed the stent in the shower, wasn't too bad, of course he's a guy so it's different but hopefully yours won't be that bad

skyrider
07-29-2009, 12:18 PM
removal does not hurt its took my doc about 30 seconds felt great after and the day after was working full time on an organic farm doing hard physical labor

ElleGee
07-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Good luck with the surgery :hug

tljohn123
07-29-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm really looking forward to feeling better, and my fears have been erased about the stents. I'm not looking forward to the surgery though lmao

speedygirl
07-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Good luck. I hope you're pain free soon.

teenap
07-29-2009, 04:24 PM
yes I have, they put you out and put the tube in, I had mine for two weeks or so, just feels weird, they said mine came out of the tube somehow, I didnt feel it passing, then you go back as day surgery and they take the tube out, they keep you there until you pee, I had the choice of being knocked out or a spinal, I chose knocked out..the girl next to me that chose the spinal had to stay way longer than I did
and my doc said to drink lemonade, supposedly that breaks up calcium stones
good luck and dont worry, nothing bad

shadowcats
07-29-2009, 04:59 PM
yes I have, they put you out and put the tube in, I had mine for two weeks or so, just feels weird, they said mine came out of the tube somehow, I didnt feel it passing, then you go back as day surgery and they take the tube out, they keep you there until you pee, I had the choice of being knocked out or a spinal, I chose knocked out..the girl next to me that chose the spinal had to stay way longer than I did
and my doc said to drink lemonade, supposedly that breaks up calcium stones
good luck and dont worry, nothing bad

ive been craving lemonaide ,,,,,,,,, and ive been having problems with stones lately i started takeing the cranberry pills but i have to be careful how many i take , lol im allergetic to so many things........but i ll up the lemonaide , and see if that helps me.