PDA

View Full Version : The Ugly Truth

Kelsey1224
07-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Hubby and I saw The Ugly Truth this weekend. Fun, light-hearted movie which is appropriately rated "R". Language was definitely an issue, but I found the content very 'adult'.

What surprised hubby and I were all the 'tweens' in the audience. What are parents thinking??? I know kids hear the foul language almost whereever they go...but it was used in very sexual contexts.

I was uncomfortable sitting in the theater knowing that 10 - 12 year-olds were watching. There were also a couple of toddlers there...but obviously they didn't have a clue what was going on.

I recommend the movie...but if you go, please leave your children home.

DBackFan
07-27-2009, 12:18 PM
I put it on my list last night but was watching the reviews. Most say it starts out great but has a way to predictable ending etc etc. I think I will like it anyway.

So many movies are just ridicilous with the language anymore. I mean my nephew was watching Step Brothers the other day. I don't like Will Ferrill much anyway but what the heck was all the F word flying around for? Stupid.

Kelsey1224
07-27-2009, 01:24 PM
The Ugly Truth is absolutely predictable...and the characters are caricatures (she's an uptight, type-A, contolling woman and he is a misogynist who has been burned one too many times...), but it is funny and good escapism fare.

But it is VERY adult!!!

I agree DBF...I am okay with an occasional F-word...but when it becomes distracting to the story...then give it a rest already.

Trishntx
07-28-2009, 11:29 AM
I agree with the rest of the ladies here.....the movie was funny but was quite graphic and yes, I noticed a lot of young teens in there also. Like everyone said...leave the kids at home but adults will get a chuckle out of it..........oh...and Gerard Butler is worth the ticket price!!!!