PDA

View Full Version : PrincessArky..........

pepperpot
07-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Anyone heard from PrincessArky? She hasn't posted since June 25....:(

I hope all is well.....

Jenefer3
07-18-2009, 04:30 PM
I was just thinking that. I had sent her a PM and she usually responds, but she hadn't. I hope all is okay with everyone.

Anniston
07-18-2009, 04:34 PM
I always think it is so cool that regulars check up on each other! That is very cool.

Jenefer3
07-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Okay, I went to her and Steve's site and she posted this on July 14 (I hope it's okay that I share it)

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:36 AM, CDT

I just wanted to stop and give a quick update and yes I know I am getting terrible at this but with so many things going on at once I some times feel like a chicken with her head cut off lol When we made up trip up there last week Steve still had his central line in his chest but when we came home last week it wasn't with us :) Yep they took it out and that is a HUGE milestone in his treatment. We love the fact that we only have to go once a week now and even with all the bad things this year we know that we are still truly blessed if for no other reason than all the wonderful people we have supporting and praying for our family.

Today is day 77 from transplant and once we reach day 100 we should be making even less trips up there well at least that is what we are shooting for, they may still have us coming once a week because normally at this stage he would be going more often. He is still very tired all of the time but that will come back with time.

I just want to thank you all for the support and the prayers that you all have provided to us over the past several months. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as Steve continues to recover and I prepare to get the kids ready for school and out to find a job to support us. I already had a friend offer to do my resume so I should have that taken care of soon :)

I will keep in touch as often as I can. Again thank you all.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/stevencavanagh/journal that's his page, and I'm sure it's okay to post it since she had it in her prayer thread. If it's not okay Linda, I'm sorry

Mini
07-18-2009, 04:37 PM
She must be taking a break from the boards or something because shes been on facebook recently. Ill send her a note and let her know yall are thinking of her

pepperpot
07-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks......

PrincessArky
07-18-2009, 09:03 PM
So sorry I haven't been here lately, I really have missed you all.

Hey everyone we are still here and there lol We have to keep making trips back and forth btw home and the hospital but things for Steve are going great, other than he is tired ALL the time but hey if thats the worst thing then we will gladly take it :)

Although things are still busy they have slowed down a bit and to be honest my mom's passing has really just began to hit me, and it is hitting hard basically because of the way she died. At first I accepted it but the more facts that come out the more heart breaking it becomes.......and the knowing that doctors can get away with killing someone is just something I will never understand.

Thank you all for thinking of us and keeping us in your prayers :)

PrincessArky
05-09-2011, 07:59 AM
I am seriously trying to find time for this forum again, I have missed everyone

pepperpot
05-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Thanks for checking in, I think of you often. I hear you about lack of time for the forum.....things are getting so busy here too.....

dv8grl
05-09-2011, 08:32 AM
We've missed you too!!!! :hug :grouphug :hug

PrincessArky
05-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I will get back here, I think I might have time tomorrow fingers crossed. Steve is doing good btw but with 4 active kids I am running all the time. We do gymnastics, cheer, scouts, band, 4H, and they are also active in 2 churches so it doesn't leave much time and I think 2 of them are planning to add another program soon lol If I get everything done today I will be back here tomorrow for a bit, been doing house and yard work and all MY errands during the day and running with kids every night. Tonight is our first family meal together since Easter.......we all gonna be home at the same time tonight and I am SO excited :)

PrincessArky
06-26-2014, 12:18 PM
I sure miss everyone here! where does everyone hang out now?

Jolie Rouge
06-26-2014, 01:04 PM
glad that you are oaky ... and thank you for checking in ... even if we don't "talk" much ... I read your posts and miss you

mosdata1
06-27-2014, 06:50 AM
Hi PrincessArky, this board pretty much died, so I have been going to the forum that was once a part of this one I am not sure if I can mention which one it is. It is a bit more active there with conversations, but does not have the freebie/coupon/referral info that this site does.

I wish BBF would start getting more traffic again. I miss this board.

3lilpigs
06-27-2014, 08:19 AM
Hi PrincessArky, this board pretty much died, so I have been going to the forum that was once a part of this one I am not sure if I can mention which one it is. It is a bit more active there with conversations, but does not have the freebie/coupon/referral info that this site does.

I wish BBF would start getting more traffic again. I miss this board.

ALL boards like this one have dropped off since Facebook came about. This isn't the only one.

Not referring to you, but people always come back here and post ''no one posts here any more", but yet they don't either. It can't be left up to the few of us that are on here. It has to be a group effort.

Even the FB page that I have for BBF members is dead. There are almost 100 people that are part of it, but it's the same 3-4 people who post anything there.

PrincessArky
06-27-2014, 10:00 AM
Hey everyone I'm glad some of y'all are still here. I sort of fell off when my world crashed in 2009. I did attempt to come back at one point but I was shocked that some of the rudest ppl were then mods...I just couldn't be in that negative after the year that my family had. I do so miss all the ppl that I made friends with so many years ago! Anyone who is on Facebook please feel free to add me just search Linda shaver Cavanagh. I would absolutely love to catch up with my old friends 😃

mosdata1
06-27-2014, 08:29 PM
I really don't do too much on FB, but post things about my son's new company. I pop back in here, but I'm not much of a thread starter, but will post in those I like.

I wish we still had the dynamic that was here a few years ago. I was not happy with the changes here & keep hoping that it may return to a friendlier, more inviting board again.

baragabrat
06-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Happy to see you again! I don't do much on Facebook either but keep in touch with my son stationed in Germany and look at pics of my 2 granddaughters that my daughter and daughter-in-law post.

magickay
07-10-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm on FB a lot, and go through cycles of checking in here. I'm not much of a topic-starter either...I used to think I was a thread-killer, LOL