PDA

View Full Version : Really need to get something off my chest.

Anniston
07-18-2009, 10:50 AM
I did something wrong and I am not trying to make it about me in posting this, but I have to get it off my chest because I can't stop crying and there will be people stopping in all afternoon.

Anyway, at another message board I post on, I was posting in a section for a reality show. There was a bi-racial child born to two people. Someone posted that the mother probably cheated because the child did not look caucasian at all, and the father is caucasian.

Well, I dislike a lot when people look at a newborn child and think they "know" that the mother cheated because of the baby's appearance. So, my post was to defend the mother and state my position on it. But, I used the word "mulatto" in doing so.

I SWEAR in my 33 years on this earth, I never knew that it was offensive. I thought it was socially acceptable. The only times I have ever heard it used, it was never used with the intent to be a slur.

Well, someone (not the threads OP) was very offended and while I am happy that I learned something so important, it was too late and I learned via hurting some one's soul.

She used the term "mixed people" and I always thought that was derogatory. But I guess not. I am so stupid. Anyway I sent her a personal message to apologize before my account was deleted by administration, so I hope she gets it. I really hope she gets it. I hope it went through before my account was yanked.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

DBackFan
07-18-2009, 10:53 AM
They yanked your account for it?? Seems like a simple I'm sorry should have been enough. I also didn't know it was offensive but its not a word thats used often ,usually people say bi racial I think. :hug Don't beat yourself up about it.

Anniston
07-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Thank you, DBack. You are right, it is not a word that is used often. You hear "mixed" a lot and like I said, I thought that had a negative connotation. Bi-racial is the best way to go, and I should have used that. I certainly will from this point forward.

DBackFan
07-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Its these days of saying everything "politically correct". We used to say my cousin was retarded (she is mentally handicapped) and now if you say that it is a slam.

Heck I was using one of those bungee cords to tie something the other day and my husband still said I was "nig*er rigging" it....heck I about freaked because its so wrong these days.

People still want to "jew" you down at garage sales...you get my drift. There will always be words that are not the right ones to use but have been around forever and were acceptable at one time.

prcsanglas
07-18-2009, 11:36 AM
To be honest with you I have never heard that word before. I have used the words mixed or biracial.

freeby4me
07-18-2009, 11:57 AM
I NEVER knew that was a negative word. I thought thats what someone was when one parent was of one race and the other was of the other race.

Anniston
07-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Free, thank you for your honesty. I am not looking for my own ego to be stoked, but I do feel better knowing that you were of the same mindset that I am.

I looked it up online and it seems it is offensive because of it meaning donkey and mule mixture. It must be a Spanish word. From what I read it is not as bad as some other slurs, but it is offensive.

pepperpot
07-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Really.....I recall that term being used perhaps 30 years ago and there were no negative nor derogatory connotations. :nono: It was just a term used to reflect that a child was multi-racial, specifically black and white. :shrug

And I'm with Dback....I have relatives who were retarded, now they are handicapped and mentally challenged with special needs. I never thought any less of them back them....:shrug

And I don't believe that any of the terms are on the same plain as the "N" word. That definitely was always a demeaning term....however, it is now somewhat a 'term of endearment' among some. Go figure.

IMO this PC crap is making everyone crazy.......

Just FTR.........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulatto

United States
Further information: Multiracial American
Mulatto existed as an official census category until 1930. In the Southern United States, mulattoes inherited slave status if their mothers were slaves. As for free mulattoes, in Spanish and French-influenced areas of the South prior to the Civil War (particularly New Orleans, Louisiana), a number of mulattoes were free and slave-owning.[22] Although it is commonly used to describe individuals of mixed European and African descent, it originally referred to anyone with mixed ethnicities; in fact, in the United States, "mulatto" was also used as a term for those of mixed white and Native American ancestry during the early census years.[23][24][25][26] Mulatto was also used interchangeably with terms like "turk", leading to further ambiguity when referring to many North Africans and Middle Easterners.[27]

In addition, the term "mulatto" was also used to refer to the offspring of whites who intermarried with South Asian indentured servants brought over as to the British American colonies by the East India Company. For example, a Eurasian daughter born to an Asian Indian father and Irish mother in Maryland in 1680 was classified as a "mulatto" and sold into slavery.[28]

Now, I must go put my House Waste Receptacles (garbage cans) out for the Sanitational Engineers (garbage men) to come with the Collection Vehicle (garbage truck)......:rolleyes:

ahippiechic
07-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Really.....I recall that term being used perhaps 30 years ago and there were no negative nor derogatory connotations. :nono: It was just a term used to reflect that a child was multi-racial, specifically black and white. :shrug

And I'm with Dback....I have relatives who were retarded, now they are handicapped and mentally challenged with special needs. I never thought any less of them back them....:shrug

And I don't believe that any of the terms are on the same plain as the "N" word. That definitely was always a demeaning term....however, it is now somewhat a 'term of endearment' among some. Go figure.

IMO this PC crap is making everyone crazy.......

Just FTR.........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulatto

Now, I must go put my House Waste Receptacles (garbage cans) out for the Sanitational Engineers (garbage men) to come with the Collection Vehicle (garbage truck)......:rolleyes:

Not trying to pick apart your post but 'n igga' might be a 'term of endearmen't to some, but not 'n igger'. Two totally different words.

dinosmom
07-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Big HUGS to you Anniston! I think we all sometimes use words that others find derogatory. I too had no idea mulatto would be considered offensive!

I live in a very ethnically diverse part of the city. Some words its okay for some to say and others not-like the N word. I would never even think of saying it yet my African American neighbors can call me their "n____a" (as a term of enderment) and its perfectly fine. I would get slammed if I said it with the a or not, being caucasion. But its something I totally get.

Its so hard to know what others find offensive these days! (and excuse my bad spelling-I went to Chicago Public Schools LOL)

pepperpot
07-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Not trying to pick apart your post but 'n igga' might be a 'term of endearmen't to some, but not 'n igger'. Two totally different words.

I've heard the 'a' ending in slurring terms as well....so perhaps it's who is saying it and under what circumstance.

Anniston
07-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks Pepperpot. That was very informative. Knowing it was actually used with the census bureau gives the word a little more credit. Your last line was very PC and very funny! If I can remember it I am going to say that to my son on Wednesday when it is time to take it out.

Dinosmom, thank you. I went to Chicago Public Schools as well. Until sixth grade. Morrill on the South side.

krisharry
07-18-2009, 12:33 PM
If you didn't know, you didn't know. You apologized and are genuinely sorry that you hurt someone's feelings and that's all you can do.

Now, a funny to make you feel better. My friend was in labor w/her 2nd and her almost 4 year old boy said"Mommy, gramma said you was having a lotto baby? Does that mean we're gonna be rich?" LMAO

Anniston
07-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Kris, thanks for the laugh! That is cute.

fleabones3
07-18-2009, 12:42 PM
I hate everything being so PC these days. Its stupid really. I mean I would never want to be called half the crap they have now, such as mailperson, or tableserver instead of waitress.

You didnt realize the term was derogatory to somebody. some people find it acceptable, some dont. You cant please everyone and be " correct" enough for everyone. someone is always going to find something to be pissy about. You apologized thats all you can do and they can either accept it or not. Its not worth beating yourself up over

pepperpot
07-18-2009, 01:36 PM

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the Panamanian singer known as *****, see Flex (singer)
Listen to this article (info/dl)

***** is a term used in African American Vernacular English that began as an eye dialect form of the word ****** (which is derived ultimately from the Latin word niger meaning the color black).[1]

Use in language
In practice, its use and meaning are heavily dependent on context.[1] Presently, the word ***** is used more liberally among younger members[2] of all races and ethnicities in the United States, although its use by persons not of African descent is still widely viewed as unacceptable and hostile, even when used without intentional prejudice. In addition to African Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, Latin Americans and European Americans[3][4] have adopted the term as part of their vernacular.

There is conflicting popular opinion on whether there is any meaningful difference between ***** and ****** as a spoken term.[5] Many people consider the terms to be equally pejorative, and the use of ***** both in and outside African American communities remains controversial.[6] H. Lewis Smith, author of Bury that Sucka: A Scandalous Affair with the N-word, believes that "replacing the 'er' with an 'a' changes nothing other than the pronunciation"[7] and the African American Registry notes, "Brother (Brotha) and Sister (Sistah or Sista) are terms of endearment. ****** was and still is a word of disrespect."[8] The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, a civil rights group, condemns use of both ***** and ******.[5]

Some African-Americans express considerable offense when referred to as a ***** by Caucasian people, but not if they are called the same by other African-Americans, or by some other minority, as a term of endearment.[5] In this case, the term may be seen either as a symbol of brotherhood,[9] similar to the usage of the words dude and bro, and its use outside a defined social group an unwelcome cultural appropriation. Critics have derided this as a double standard.[3]

It's all in context and who is using the terminology.....

What else is odd....is apparently that African'American's do not like to be called "colored people"...I've heard it said (frankly I don't find it offense, however)......The NAACP was started by African-Americans and others, no? And yet they titled their group "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People" :doh: (and it is a very powerful group too, prestigious as well.)

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, usually abbreviated as NAACP and pronounced N-double-A-C-P, is one of the oldest and most influential civil rights organizations in the United States.[3] Its mission is "to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination".[4] Its name, retained in accord with tradition, is one of the last surviving uses of the term colored people.

The NAACP bestows the annual Image Awards for achievement in the arts and entertainment, and the annual Spingarn Medals for outstanding positive achievement of any kind, on deserving African Americans

In 1905, a group of 32 prominent, outspoken African Americans met to discuss the challenges facing "people of color" (a term used to describe people who were not white) - and possible strategies and solutions. Among the issues they were concerned about was the disfranchisement of blacks in the South starting in 1890 to 1908, when Southern legislatures ratified new constitutions creating barriers to voter registration and more complex election rules. Voter registration and turnout dropped markedly in the South as a result. Men who had been voting for 30 years were told they did not "qualify" to register.

The NAACP was founded on February 12, 1909 by a diverse group composed of Du Bois, Ida B. Wells, Archibald Grimké, Henry Moscowitz, Mary White Ovington, Oswald Garrison Villard, William English Walling (the last son of a former slave-holding family),[6][7], and Florence Kelley, a social reformer and friend of Du Bois.[8]

ahippiechic
07-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I call my friends 'my n iggas'. They are black, white & Hispanic. They call me their 'N igga' too. But it would be totally different if I ended it with an 'R' instead of an 'A'!

pepperpot
07-18-2009, 02:25 PM
I call my friends 'my n iggas'. They are black, white & Hispanic. They call me their 'N igga' too. But it would be totally different if I ended it with an 'R' instead of an 'A'!

Right, it's all in context and who is using the terminology.....:agree

Sometimes I endearingly call my dh a b astard.....:lol...and sometimes I call him that not too endearingly as well...

ahippiechic
07-18-2009, 02:30 PM
And now we have to resort to spelling it 'nicca' instead because message boards (such as BBF) have it starred out. But not the words 'homie', 'dude' or 'ese'. (or pussy!) Makes no sense.

Back to the OP. They should have been able to tell how you used the word when they were reading what you wrote. If they still took offense they should have PM'ed you about it. Banning for that seems harsh.

Mini
07-18-2009, 02:50 PM
I dont think you did anything wrong at all. You didnt KNOW it was a bad word. If you did and used in that way then it might be different but you honestly didnt know. Its nice though that you feel bad about it most people dont even care what they say anymore. You are a good person just remember that =)

BTW I never even heard of the word let alone knew it was bad.

dv8grl
07-18-2009, 02:56 PM
I've asked black friends of mine, who have mixed kids if mullato was a bad word & they said no., but I really think they prefer mixed.

janelle
07-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Does ese mean pussy? My neice's hubby says that when he sees a friend. "Hey ese" I asked his mother what it meant and she said oh like a friend. Now I am wondering if it has the other meaning and his mother didn't want to say. LOL

My friend said Jew them down and I told her it's not PC to say that, say dicker them down. She said well that sounds even worse. HAHAHAHAHAHA

jasmine
07-18-2009, 03:11 PM
this just takes me back and reminds me of my ex husbands grandmother, bless her soul. Anyway, of course she was old, and grew up in the era where people called black people the "N" word, and she meant nothing racial at all by her standards. She really really had a wonderful heart, I remember one time long ago we were in a store and this woman (black) was there, and she didn't have any shoes on, I remember his grandmother literally taking off her shoes, and giving them to the lady. When we walked out, she just blurted out, it feels so good to help anyone that you can when you see they need something, and I know that "N" needed those shoes. OMG, my jaw dropped. But in her mind set, because of her age and everything, she didn't feel in any way she was saying anything bad. But of course, that was back in the day.
It is hard what to say anymore, maybe it's wrong, but I just say black, I mean, I'm white, I don't like to be called "caucasion" or whatever, just call me white, that's what I am.

pepperpot
07-18-2009, 03:20 PM
this just takes me back and reminds me of my ex husbands grandmother, bless her soul. Anyway, of course she was old, and grew up in the era where people called black people the "N" word, and she meant nothing racial at all by her standards. She really really had a wonderful heart, I remember one time long ago we were in a store and this woman (black) was there, and she didn't have any shoes on, I remember his grandmother literally taking off her shoes, and giving them to the lady. When we walked out, she just blurted out, it feels so good to help anyone that you can when you see they need something, and I know that "N" needed those shoes. OMG, my jaw dropped. But in her mind set, because of her age and everything, she didn't feel in any way she was saying anything bad. But of course, that was back in the day.
It is hard what to say anymore, maybe it's wrong, but I just say black, I mean, I'm white, I don't like to be called "caucasion" or whatever, just call me white, that's what I am.
:agree To her it was like saying "the lady with the pink shirt".....and that's what it more often is.

BTW that was funny, she would've really shocked me and had me rolling..... So grandma actually walked out barefoot? That was a nice lady.

janelle
07-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Go to any care home now and it is quite shocking or funny, how you want to look at it. The old folks don't know they are not being PC and the staff has so many African
Americans or blacks taking care of them.

We in between the generations just have to cringe and hope the staff understands. From my experience most do and they don't take it any other way but the old don't know any better or they have dementia, which is the truth.

Anniston
07-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Oh, bless her heart that she gave her shoes to someone. If there were more people like that, this world would be a much better place.

My parents, I love very much, Mom has passed, were of the mindset that whites are a step above. My first memory of that was when my dad introduced me to a friend of his, who was black. After the man walked away, he said,"That man is a lawyer. I can't believe a black man would be that smart." I must have been around 7 and I recall it clear as day, and I wondered what was so odd about the man being a lawyer because it seemed understandable to me. Every time I saw the man, he was in a suit and I was never around a lot of men in suits. So, in my young mind, I equated a man in a suit had to be smart enough to be anything he wanted to be! I don't know when it was that I figured out what my dad meant that day, and I wish more than anything that they did not think that way.

I guess I am lucky that none of that horrid mindset came onto me. We lived in Chicago when I was young and one day I found a flyer in the alley that was from a white supremacy group and it had all these mean jokes on it about black people. I had the paper in my room, reading it and I felt sick to my stomach, literally, as I read those words.

I know that minorities are sensitive to certain terminology, and sometimes, I think there comes a point where it gets to be overkill. But I never judge because as a white woman, I have no clue what it must feel like to be judged by a bigot, before even speaking a word, or to have insecurities just due to who you are.

It is so depressing to think that in our lifetime, it will probably never change.

ahippiechic
07-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Does ese mean pussy? My neice's hubby says that when he sees a friend. "Hey ese" I asked his mother what it meant and she said oh like a friend. Now I am wondering if it has the other meaning and his mother didn't want to say. LOL

My friend said Jew them down and I told her it's not PC to say that, say dicker them down. She said well that sounds even worse. HAHAHAHAHAHA

'Ese' means friend. I was just using 'pussy' as an example of a word the board allows but not 'n igga', which means the same to me as ese, homie, friend etc.

I asked my neighbor (she's 44, black) if the word would have offended her and she said, "depends on how it was used. It sounds old fashioned to me but I remember people calling bi-racial children that when I was growing in Chicago and it wasn't meant to be offensive. Both blacks & whites used the term then. I still call my sister 'Redbone', because she has a slight red cast to her skin, lol!"

ahippiechic
07-18-2009, 03:53 PM

My great grandmother called them the "N" word also when I was little & it used to embarrass me to death but she didn't mean anything bad by it either. She grew up in a hollar and never heard them called anything else really. We finally got her in the habit of just saying 'black' though but it was hard.

My cousins etc all grew up in the KKK and my grandparents, who raised me, made sure I knew better than that and kept it away from me thankfully. When I was little I didn't really understand the reason I couldn't sleep over at certain people's houses etc. I guess I was 11 or 12 before I realized that was why they kept me away from them. They told they didn't me exposed to the hatred.

speedygirl
07-18-2009, 04:01 PM
My DD's ex-bf and my niece are biracial and we've talked about this kind of stuff and they both think of the term "mulatto" along the same lines as people who use "colored" and "Negro". Generally they don't know any better. I haven't heard anyone use the word mulatto since I was a kid in the 60's.
Hey, you learned something new in the process and found out the place that you lost your account from isn't a place that's non-judgemental when someone makes a mistake. Who wants that kind of atmosphere. And to be perfectly honest the person on that board that said
"the mother probably cheated because the child did not look caucasian at all, and the father is caucasian."
is the ignorant one. Hugs

fleabones3
07-18-2009, 04:40 PM
What is so funny is the N word can also be in reference to a white person. N*****r means a dirty lazy uneducated person. Well hell, that about covers half the people I know, whether they are black or not. What I dont like , is when a black or white person talks uneducated, you know, not pronouncing words right, leaving half the word off, and horrible grammar.

azwup05
07-18-2009, 04:42 PM
My DD's ex-bf and my niece are biracial and we've talked about this kind of stuff and they both think of the term "mulatto" along the same lines as people who use "colored" and "Negro". Generally they don't know any better. I haven't heard anyone use the word mulatto since I was a kid in the 60's.
Hey, you learned something new in the process and found out the place that you lost your account from isn't a place that's non-judgemental when someone makes a mistake. Who wants that kind of atmosphere. And to be perfevtly honest the person on that board that said
is the ignorant one. Hugs

You nailed that one! I think it's all in how a word is used basically and not the word alone. I always figured if one doesn't know thier heritage from way back, ( and I don't ) you shouldn't be spittin crap like that. I know I'm french, amarican indian, and of german heritage. I'm as white as a picket fence and so is my husband. But my daughter came with my mothers skin color and tons of dark brown hair. I called her my little brown bean. My mother had jet black hair, and was often mistaken as being "foreign", so I got looks and snickers from some people when they met my family. Words are only hateful when they are used with hateful intentions.

DAVESBABYDOLL
07-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Mulatto, to me isn't disrespectful at all. My nephew was married to a white girl, they have a daughter, they divorced, she (ex) went on to have a baby with a black man. Here ten years later, my nephew and the ex wife are back together and happy. He is raising the little boy as his own.

Long story short, when my nephew and his ex were getting back together she called me and we were talking and somewhere through the conversation she said her son was a mulatto. I found it funny because I hadn't heard that word since I lived back home in Ca. where mulatto is still used, mainly by the black comunity. In my eyes, my great nephew is just a beautiful little boy.

Like speedy said, the person whom stated the mother must have cheated..blah, blah, blah must of been outside her mind. Personally, bi-racial children are some of the prettiest people I have seen.

tngirl
07-18-2009, 06:00 PM
****! another word that isn't ****ing politically correct to say so on the long shot that one person out of how many will be ****ing offended and ***** about such simple bull**** as a word and are nothing but ****ing cry babies.

tngirl
07-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Sorry, I just had to do that...lol. You guys know me though, I am far from being PC and think it is a bunch of BS that we have to watch every word we say in fear of hurting someone's feelings. Hell, I call both of my kids little bast ards.

pepperpot
07-18-2009, 06:04 PM
****! another word that isn't ****ing politically correct to say so on the long shot that one person out of how many will be ****ing offended and ***** about such simple bull**** as a word and are nothing but ****ing cry babies.

Please, tell us how you really feel.......:rolling

:slap

Anniston
07-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Davesdoll, thanks for sharing. I think it is a pretty cool story that despite seperating, they got back together. That does not happen often, especially when a child has been born in the meantime. I am probably being too nosey, but were they just really young in the beginning?

ttistin
07-18-2009, 07:05 PM
I am 31 and used to hear the word mulatto when I was younger. Haven't heard it in a long time. My understanding was that it was not a bad word, just a way of saying that someone was both black and white. I never heard of it being offense.

:hug Guess we have learned something new today.

Army-Mom
07-19-2009, 04:53 AM
Just wanted to give you a hug. Seems to me you have a tender heart and would NEVER hurt anyones feelings on purpose..

jasmine
07-19-2009, 01:49 PM
hell, i call both of my kids little bast ards.

wow

pepperpot
07-19-2009, 03:40 PM
wow

c'mon, ya'know she means that in the best possible loving motherly way.....:agree

I don't doubt that for one minute....:nono:

tngirl
07-19-2009, 03:43 PM
c'mon, ya'know she means that in the best possible loving motherly way.....:agree

I don't doubt that for one minute....:nono:
I tell them that I hate them, too. I also tell each of them that I love them more than I love the other. Besides, they are b astards. My daughter was born out of wedlock and my son was conceived before marriage. What is the big deal?

pepperpot
07-19-2009, 03:45 PM
:lol ....yeah but actions speak louder than words.....

tngirl
07-19-2009, 03:46 PM
:lol ....yeah but actions speak louder than words.....
Great mother aren't I? :rofl:

But you know, I have NEVER called either of my children a name in anger. How many parents can say that?

pepperpot
07-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Besides, they are b astards. My daughter was born out of wedlock and my son was conceived before marriage. What is the big deal?

You're right, they're b astards! :rolling and probably the best little b astards this side of the Mississippi! :slap (you are on this side aren't you?)

Lori63
07-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Wow! I work in a school where there are a HUGE number of mixed kids-I NEVER knew mulatto was offensive. I thought it described a certain physical appearance that some of our kids have. Ya learn something new every day.

whatever
07-19-2009, 04:28 PM
To be honest with you I have never heard that word before. I have used the words mixed or biracial.

I have never heard that word either. I agree with alot of posters (didn't get past first 2 pages) that I think its sad that everyone and everything has to be so politically correct UNTIL they speak....
Like you know if your in the heat of the moment or something slips up you will say look there is a midget, or there is a retard. You may use a different word, but MORE than likely in PRIVATE you are NOT using the "correct" word or the "wrong" word blurts out.
Heck they correct terms for some of these things change so fast, how does one keep up? I'm talking for EVERYTHING?

tngirl
07-19-2009, 05:40 PM
You're right, they're b astards! :rolling and probably the best little b astards this side of the Mississippi! :slap (you are on this side aren't you?)
I guess it depends on what side of the Mississippi you are on...lol. And barely, but I am east of the Mississippi.:rofl:

pepperpot
07-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Phew! good. ;)

DAVESBABYDOLL
07-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Davesdoll, thanks for sharing. I think it is a pretty cool story that despite seperating, they got back together. That does not happen often, especially when a child has been born in the meantime. I am probably being too nosey, but were they just really young in the beginning?

No, not nosey at all. Let's see, he is thirty four now, Marliegh (their daughter) will be ten in Dec. They divorced when she was one or two. Let's just say it was a BITTER one too. They went through the "I hate" stage for a long time, his ex did some crazy ars stuff. He's military, he would have their dd for six months,then with mom for six months. He ended up getting stationed in Panama City where the ex and dd were. They really disliked each other even when she was pregnant with my great nephew lol but, when he took his dughter, he would also take her son sometimes, and he bonded with him. One day he called me and said he would do anything to have his daughter full time inhis life, so he took the first step to be nice I guess you could say.They just ended up finding each other somewhere through all that.

He is the best dad that I know and that little boy adores him. He just turned two in May.

Corinna
07-19-2009, 08:12 PM
I live in an area where it is rare to see black people. And have lived here all my life. So one day when I was very small my dad took me to one of the little country stores. He was always afraid of hurting someones feelings. So before we went in, he told me that there was a black man in the store. He also told me to treat him just like I would anyone else, be nice and not stare. He said that he was a very good man. He told me that if I used the "N" word he would wear me out when we got home.

Oh well, we went into the store and daddy started talking to him. He looked down at me and said "what a cute little darling. Come here and give this old Ni**er a hug." I gave him a hug and as we walked away I told my daddy that it was Ok he already knew he was a Ni**er. The man just hollared and laughed. You talk about a long ride home, I got evey reason not to say that word again.

Renrut
07-20-2009, 06:10 AM
WoW, banning over that is just nonsense. I would say it's just more of a older word than anything. I've never liked but but for no particular reason. When my son was born almost 15 years agi my mom had said the word and I told her I didn't like it and she's been using mixed since lol.

Kelsey1224
07-20-2009, 08:49 AM
My reply is similar to others. I never knew this was a derogatory term at all.

Maybe I misunderstood this...but did you get banned because of it?