PDA

View Full Version : America's Got Talent

Kayla
07-17-2009, 01:21 PM
So rumor has it that apparently we have stumbled upon America's answer (http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video/clips/kari-callens-performance/1135817/) to Britain's Susan Boyle!!

Personally, though, my favorite of this week were the Platt Brothers (http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video/clips/the-platt-brothers-performance/1135350/). They're quirky, they're funny, but all in all, they put on a great show.

Any other faves this week?

Kelsey1224
07-17-2009, 01:56 PM
I saw the person they are claiming to be America's Susan Boyle and she doesn't even come close. She had a good voice and her story is inspirational.

DBackFan
07-17-2009, 02:51 PM
I disagree Kelsey. I think this woman was amazing..she gave me chills where Susan did not.

Airbuswife
07-28-2009, 10:42 PM
I disagree Kelsey. I think this woman was amazing..she gave me chills where Susan did not.

are you flipping KIDDING me????? this woman, along with the 12 yr old that could play a jimmy hendrix song on the guitar were elimanated tonight????

why the he ll did they put thru the stupid dancing man, an old woman that dances, and other acts that had HALF of her talent? and a bunch of kids that dont know how to sing??????

this makes NOOOOO sense to me!! this woman was a WONDERFUL singer, i hope she goes on with her career.

whatever
07-30-2009, 09:05 AM
are you flipping KIDDING me????? this woman, along with the 12 yr old that could play a jimmy hendrix song on the guitar were elimanated tonight????

why the he ll did they put thru the stupid dancing man, an old woman that dances, and other acts that had HALF of her talent? and a bunch of kids that dont know how to sing??????

this makes NOOOOO sense to me!! this woman was a WONDERFUL singer, i hope she goes on with her career.

I soooo agree with you. I get so frustrated when they put though acts that arent even very talented. And that you could NOT watch for an hour in VEGAS!!! And the little red headed girl was cute but could NOT sing very well!!
I'm hoping that is What Simon is calling about. Maybe he wants HER to be put in...........?????

hotwheelstx
08-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Some of the acts I can't believe got in. That red headed girl for one....I can't stand her. Another one is the woman w/the "free spanking". She bored me to tears.

3lilpigs
08-13-2009, 07:57 AM
I haven't been online for MONTHS, so please excuse me for being late in posting this....

but can someone tell me what the heck the purpose was for sending everyone to Las Vegas?? All those people packed up their bags, paid for airfare, and flew to Vegas, only to be told they weren't going to Hollywood??
WTH? I would have at least thought they would have performed again. I thought that whole trip was a waste of time and money.

And what is the point NOW for the judges to have the buzzers? Their part is OVER.......lay off the damn buzzer!! LOL. My GOD I was ready to knock Peirce upside the head the other night for buzzing so many people.

I'd like to know why the red headed girl got through, but that little 7 yr old Hawaiian girl didn't? She had one heck of a voice.

I'm glad those 3, blonde, violin playing bimbos didn't get any further. They never should have made it as far as they did.

tommyjo
08-13-2009, 12:51 PM
I dont think the contestants paid for anything actually.Although I may be wrong.

Mom2-3boys
08-14-2009, 07:00 AM
I agree, I myself would assume the show paid the way of the contestants to LV but still a waste and to get those peoples hopes up....some that never should have had their hopes up in the first place.

hotwheelstx
08-14-2009, 01:48 PM
My neighbor from across the street is Terry Fator's aunt last years winner on AGT. She told me that AGT paid for everything from hotel, food, airfair. There are stipulations on the contract that you sign....if you're the winner you have to move yourself to LV, AGT pays for temp. lodging, transportation, food til you find somewhere to live if that's where you decide to move to. If not, it's on the contestant that wins.

prcsanglas
08-14-2009, 04:43 PM
I can't believe rory made it through over that boy that could sing. Have no idea what is up with that. This year seems screwy compared to years past.

whatever
08-14-2009, 05:01 PM
My neighbor from across the street is Terry Fator's aunt last years winner on AGT. She told me that AGT paid for everything from hotel, food, airfair. There are stipulations on the contract that you sign....if you're the winner you have to move yourself to LV, AGT pays for temp. lodging, transportation, food til you find somewhere to live if that's where you decide to move to. If not, it's on the contestant that wins.

Just pointing to Terry won two years ago. Last year it was that big black guy that sang opera. Cannot for the life of me think of his name.
There is really NO one standing out for me to give me a reason to want to vote.
I'm disappointed with acts they have chosen to put thru and ones they did NOT!