PDA

View Full Version : I'm just numb right now

OmaLisa
07-16-2009, 05:18 PM
As a few of you know my father was very sick at the beginning of June with pnuemonia. The pnuemonia turned out to be a blessing in disguise as the doctors discovered a lemon size tumor in my dad's left lung which we didn't know he had. We know the cancer hasn't spread as they did a PET scan a week or two ago.

Today was my dad's first visit to the oncologist. We found out he has stage 3 cancer and the doctor gives him a 50/50 chance. They are going to try both radiation and chemo at the same time. That is, after the insurance company approves. (Which is another story in itself. It pisses me off that insurance companies have to approve the treatment for cancer.) I had been thinking really positively and had myself convinced that he just had stage 1 cancer. So when my mom told me the news today it hit me hard. I'm just numb. I'm hoping that my dear old stubborn, hard headed dad is ready for this fight cause I don't want to lose him yet. I know, I'm feeling sorry for myself right now but I can't help it. It's depressing. Tomorrow I'm going to start thinking positive again.

pepperpot
07-16-2009, 05:41 PM
:hug I wish I could make it all go away for you.....:( Hang in there....:hug

ElleGee
07-16-2009, 05:46 PM
:hug

krisharry
07-16-2009, 05:58 PM
stay strong, best wishes

sunflowers
07-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Prayers for you and your family

fleabones3
07-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Prayers for you and your family...

sunrise914
07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
prayers and postive thoughts for you and your family

gmyers
07-16-2009, 07:06 PM
We're all praying that the treatment will work and he'll be completely cured. Hang in there.

shellysms
07-16-2009, 07:32 PM
hugs to you....think positive...don't let this get you down...fight for your dad...big big hugs for you and your dad!!! Be strong..and fight with your dad...let's hope and pray for the best!! i almost lost my dad 3 years ago..they only gave him a 10% chance of living.. AND thank god...my dad is still here!!!
I was at the lowest point in my life...I gave up...it was like we already lost him..BUT we stayed strong...and the prayers and I do believe GOD helped out...AND I'm hoping and praying the same for your dad!!!

Jenefer3
07-16-2009, 07:34 PM
:hug will keep your father and your family in our prayers

speedygirl
07-16-2009, 08:53 PM
http://www.bigbigforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif I'll keep him in my thoughts.

jcw
07-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Prayers for you and your family

msmom79
07-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Praying for your father-and sending up prayers for all of you to keep the faith-blessings to you all

sandooch
07-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Prayers for your father and your family. (((HUGS)))

dv8grl
07-17-2009, 04:15 AM
:hug

YankeeMary
07-17-2009, 07:01 AM
Lisa I am so sorry. I can't imagine. I will pray for your daddy. I agree with trying to be positive. He has stage 3, not stage 4, kwim? Its a little something to go on. Please know we are all here if you need anything. I pray you find strength to get through all of this. HUGS!!!

shadowcats
07-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Lisa I am so sorry. I can't imagine. I will pray for your daddy. I agree with trying to be positive. He has stage 3, not stage 4, kwim? Its a little something to go on. Please know we are all here if you need anything. I pray you find strength to get through all of this. HUGS!!!

i am a cancer suvivor , i was in my late twentys when they found mine and told me i had a fifty / fifty chance and im still here , at fifty three,,,,,,, so dont give up , and miracles do happen , hugs to you all,,,,,,,,,,,
i didnt give up and im still driving every one crazy still lol,,,,,,,,
sharon

tngirl
07-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Oma, I understand how you feel at the moment. I went through this just a few years ago. Keep thinking positive because a 50/50 chance is not so bad. I wish Mom had had those odds when they found her cancer.

Mary Jo
07-17-2009, 04:06 PM
You and your family will be in my prayers.

Army-Mom
07-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Your dad is in my prayers.

papadsgirls
07-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Hugs and prayers to you. Stay strong and don't worry about insurance and things you can't control. Make sure your dad has the very best care and insurance is something that can handle its self. Make sure your dad signs all his paperwork and not your mom. Give you some advice. If something does happen and she signs the papers she is responsible for the bill, but if only he signs the papers then she can't be held responsible. they won't come after her for the balance after insurance. We went threw this with my dad and don't always take a first opinion unless several doctors are making the call. hope this helps. If you need to vent or anything else let me know. I went threw the same thing 3 yrs ago. You and your family will be in our prayers daily.

OmaLisa
07-17-2009, 07:37 PM
hugs to you....think positive...don't let this get you down...fight for your dad...big big hugs for you and your dad!!! Be strong..and fight with your dad...let's hope and pray for the best!! i almost lost my dad 3 years ago..they only gave him a 10% chance of living.. AND thank god...my dad is still here!!!
I was at the lowest point in my life...I gave up...it was like we already lost him..BUT we stayed strong...and the prayers and I do believe GOD helped out...AND I'm hoping and praying the same for your dad!!!

Thanks for telling me about your dad. Thank God you still have him in your life! And thank you for your prayers for my dad.

fairydana
07-17-2009, 08:22 PM
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. There is always HOPE! Big hugs to you!

Shann
07-18-2009, 01:03 AM
:hug I just saw this. Lisa, I'm keeping you and your father in my thoughts. I'm here if you need to talk.