PDA

View Full Version : Going crazy (a long whine)

ttistin
07-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Dh, kids and I are in NY. We drove up a couple weeks ago. we are staying in a popup camper in dh's parents yard. Dh found a job about 40 minutes away but it pays decent and he can get overtime every week, so that is great.

Kids and I have to stay at dh's parents house (did I mention they do not like me?) so yea it has been fun. I am expected to do everything, if I don't they get pissy and throw remarks.

We have our 3 dogs with us, the two little ones will bark at people they don't know. well surprise they don't know the people up here and they bark when someone comes over. Dh's sister has a habit of acting stupid and chasing them around getting them going even more and then complain about the dogs barking...well DUH! Yesterday when she came over she did it and I had enough. I went out there and yelled about why the dogs are barking and if people didn't act stupid they would get used to them and stop.

I am sure it will cause a fight but right now i don't care. I am not feeling good, My chest is hurting. Keep coughing, my head hurts. I think it is from being around so much smoke. (no offense to anyone that smokes) but they know we don't smoke and they sit in here with windows closed up smoking one after another. Try to go outside but dang it is cold

I can't wait to get our own place.....

ElleGee
07-15-2009, 09:01 AM
UGH.. I am so sorry that your inlaws are being difficult.. Hang in there it will all be over soon enough when you get your own place :hug

Kelsey1224
07-15-2009, 10:08 AM
hugs

vicky122
07-15-2009, 10:14 AM
That does suck. How long will you have to stay there?

sdb_ngc
07-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Whereabouts in NY are you? Maybe you can suggest they open windows to let the house air out. (((ttistan)))

krisharry
07-15-2009, 01:29 PM
How frustrating for you to deal w/it all. I hope you are able to find your own place asap. Best of luck.

ttistin
07-15-2009, 01:33 PM
we are in cny, near syracuse. The day time weather has been ok but night time has been cold so they close everything up.

I am not sure how long we will have to stay here, at least a few more weeks. We have been looking to see what is out there but everyplace has either been way to expensive or they do not allow pets. It sucks.

ttistin
07-15-2009, 01:38 PM
I feel so alone here. I would take the kids down to the park for the afternoon but I have no gas in the truck. I am hoping dh's first pay will give me a little for gas so I can get out of here every afternoon...I hate it.

krisharry
07-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Hang in there, if I had to live w/my MIL I would be in jail right now. LMAO

justme23
07-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah... I'll trade places w/ you... it's been over 100 for more than a week here and doesn't go below 80 at night... I could hang in some cold weather.

fleabones3
07-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Sorry you are having to go thru that, but if you are staying in the pop up, and they come over to where YOU are staying, then by all means, stick up for yourself. If they dont like it, then they can just stay in their house. as for the SIL messing with the dogs, I would be yelling at her everyday til she got the idea. BUt then again thats me, and i really dont care who likes me or who i piss off, inlaws or not.

fairydana
07-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Big hugs to you! Lord have mercy! That has got to be tough. Praying that you can keep your sanity and that yall find a great place soon!
:hug

ttistin
07-15-2009, 04:44 PM
told dh i am thinking of staying in a hotel and paying by the week instead of staying here lol but we can't afford that. dh said his parents got on to him about food as soon as he got home tonight, we had to use all the money we had to get up here. He hasn't gotten a check yet and he had to borrow $26 for gas to go back and fourth to work. It is almost an hour each way, they don't seem to understand that it is a lot farther then the 5 minutes they travel to work (they both have this week off for vacation...yeahh for me lol)

shadowcats
07-15-2009, 05:23 PM
check out the local camp grounds they some time s have campers they rent out ,,,,,,,,, by the week and by the month , check some of the parks too they have them also , it is cheaper then hotels , and check with your local realestate company they usually know of temporary places you can rent till you find what you need,,,,,,,,,, i would also check the craigs listings in your area thats how i found our place , i had a problem with the agents , lol they wanted me to buy these places where i d need a loan to get a bigger place , i wanted a place need the 25 000 , thousand range and they wanted to put me in a 250 thousand home ........ lol i knew i couldnt handle that , and i found this place my self , for amost that exact amount , you do have to check them out carefully for scammers but you can find deals out there in the rentals and check the realestate for sale or trade sections,,,,,,,,,,
good luck dear and if i were you , id invest in a protable air filter you can carry room to room like they have on hsn,,,,,,,,,, believe me i have one and its a life saver around smokers,,,,,,,,,who have no deciency about makeing you suffer which seems the case to me ,,,,,,,, .
good luck

jasmine
07-15-2009, 05:40 PM
don't your in-laws understand that their son is trying to get on his feet, and if he had the money you guys would gladly pitch in. I mean, usually family helps out a little while your down and out, especially with the kiddos(their grand babies), they should surely know that you are not free-loading. I am happy your hubby has a job!! I am also surprised that they smoke with the everything closed up, I smoke, and I can't stand to be in a inclosed area, I go outside, and don't smoke in the car either. It makes the house icky.
Hang in there, I know his pay check couldn't come sooner!!

iluvmybaby
07-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Why isnt your husband speaking up? Second hand smoke is mucho dangerous, not just cancer but it also causes ear/nose infections in kids. If I was you I would check into an extended stay place in the same town your hubby works in. Free on the inlaws

ttistin
07-16-2009, 06:40 AM
He isn't saying anything because they are letting us stay here and he doesn't want to start anything because he knows we (kids and I) have to stay here during the day.

He also lets his family get away with almost anything and he wont say anything to them but I hear it all. I told him before we came up here to talk with them and have this kind of thing all figured out. The day we got here FIL told dh that we have to pay part of power bill and food. Guess dh did not talk to them like I told him to.

tunisia
07-16-2009, 06:57 AM
I have to agree w/Jasmine. Also, I thought that was a great idea that shadowcats had about staying at a campground. they are so much cheaper than a motel and the kids would have swimming and playground. At least you could move the camper there after he gets his first paycheck and perhaps find one closer to his work(and further from the in-laws).

*I'm originally from upstate NY. grew up in Cayuga county and went to college in Syracuse.

HighIQ
07-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Dh, kids and I are in NY. We drove up a couple weeks ago. we are staying in a popup camper in dh's parents yard. Dh found a job about 40 minutes away but it pays decent and he can get overtime every week, so that is great.

Kids and I have to stay at dh's parents house (did I mention they do not like me?) so yea it has been fun. I am expected to do everything, if I don't they get pissy and throw remarks.

We have our 3 dogs with us, the two little ones will bark at people they don't know. well surprise they don't know the people up here and they bark when someone comes over. Dh's sister has a habit of acting stupid and chasing them around getting them going even more and then complain about the dogs barking...well DUH! Yesterday when she came over she did it and I had enough. I went out there and yelled about why the dogs are barking and if people didn't act stupid they would get used to them and stop
I am sure it will cause a fight but right now i don't care. I am not feeling good, My chest is hurting. Keep coughing, my head hurts. I think it is from being around so much smoke. (no offense to anyone that smokes) but they know we don't smoke and they sit in here with windows closed up smoking one after another. Try to go outside but dang it is cold

I can't wait to get our own place.....

This must be so hard on you. You should be proud of yourself for doing so well in a horrible situation. It shows you have good character and you are a strong person.
Just remember this temporary situation will only make you appreciate your "own" place that much more! There is no place like your own home. Keep your head up and you will be there in no time.

catdance
07-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Hang in there..

fleabones3
07-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Personally, I would rather sleep in the car, kids included, than stay with people who are insulting me and my family, treating us like crap, and expect to have their azzes kissed for letting us stay in a pop up in the front yard.