PDA

View Full Version : They are worse than the kids! Part deux

ElleGee
07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Lizard drama...

I have a tank of 4 beardies fighting non stop today.. One of the beardies in that tank was gravely ill and he is now better and back in his tank..

Kiwi was happy at first when Rebel came back but now she thinks she is top dog! So not only is she going after the 2 smaller ones Rebel is looking at her like she's nuts and not fighting back. So he had enough of her and curled up on the log. I think he is just letting her get it out of her system until he's like "look, enough already'

Poor Hannibal is trying to assert some dominance as well but if the other three could laugh at him the would..

They aren't hurting each other ,they try and tail nip and nothing comes of it.. I hope this doesn't go on for days.. I have a garage I need to paint. Not put Kiwi in time out every hour or so...
*sigh

ElleGee
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
And Maya just layed an egg... WTH, I had no idea she was eggy!

ahippiechic
07-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Lizard drama is much better than my own drama, lol! I like hearing about your lizards.

krisharry
07-14-2009, 02:52 PM
That's a riot. Pets can be sooo much more work than kids sometimes, but hey at least my pets don't talk back-yet.

OT but we have tons of lizards all over the outside of the house this year, the little green ones which are real common down here.

pepperpot
07-14-2009, 03:07 PM
That's a riot. Pets can be sooo much more work than kids sometimes, but hey at least my pets don't talk back-yet.

...and they don't go to college neither.....;)

ElleGee
07-14-2009, 03:24 PM

Vet bills for lizards are killer though... I swear if I had to bring each one to the vet it would be at least a semester tuition

ok not really but close ;) it's so damned expensive!!

shadowcats
07-14-2009, 03:29 PM
and scared the bejesus out of my hubby , hes from england and hasnt had the wildlife there we have here,,,,,,,, he screamed for me to come an see, lol
it was huge and greyish brown with pointy bits all over his body, not as big as iguanas but for a tenn, are i didnt think they had them this big here , it looked more like a desert lizard than a mountain one,,,,,,,,,, it was neet wonder what it was ,,,,,,,,,,,
do they stay in one area or do they move territories,,,,,,,,,,,

krisharry
07-14-2009, 03:35 PM

Oh, I beg to differ, I truly feel at least one of my cats is Ivy League bound. LMAO

tunisia
07-14-2009, 03:38 PM
just wanted to comment that I had to chuckle at your post, especially the 'time out'! LOL

pets bring so much joy into our lives.

ElleGee
07-14-2009, 03:44 PM
do they stay in one area or do they move territories,,,,,,,,,,,

Depends on the lizard.. Bearded dragons don't have a territory in the wild. If they like it where they are they stay..

ElleGee
07-14-2009, 03:45 PM
just wanted to comment that I had to chuckle at your post, especially the 'time out'! LOL

pets bring so much joy into our lives.

LOL I'm serious.. I have a special "time out" tank

They are fun lil things they really are

fleabones3
07-14-2009, 04:26 PM
I have to put my 3 mo old kitten in time out sometimes. He will irritate the crap outta the 3 yr old, tries to climb up the door jam, runs thru the house like a crackhead.. when he gets too wild, he goes to my bathroom for a "time out" ..( he has food water and his potty in there)

Pets are a lot of work, but also a lot of love... well, dont know how much love lizards can give, but I am sure they do

cathych
07-14-2009, 08:28 PM
eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww lizards as pets? I guess to each their own.

ElleGee
07-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Hehe. Lizards aren't for everyone :) I have been a reptile/amphibian girl my entire life.

cathych
07-14-2009, 08:39 PM
well, i guess that that is certainly true, lol.

ElleGee
07-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh and Maya has not layed any more eggs.. The one she layed was infertile. I have no idea what is up with that?

lucimPI
07-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Now I know why I come on here instead of watching the soaps. This is way better. (Just how big are the "time out" tanks?) I may have to get one for someone I know....

ElleGee
07-15-2009, 07:19 AM
LOL it's a small 20 gallon tank set up I had sitting around the house...It's set up like the other tanks so if I forget they are in the time out tank (which I have done) they still have the comforts of "home', just no one to pick on hehe. I also have a 'sick' tank too..

lucimPI
07-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Rats, guess that means my gossipy EX-SIL would not fit in one.

shadowcats
07-15-2009, 04:49 PM
i ll make sure that his board isnt moved then , he looked healthy so i dont want to stress him , probley lives in my shed some where,,,,,,,,,,, and hes the size of your palm, and and almost as long as your hand , he or she was on a board i got from freecycle , i know he wasnt on the board when we picked them up so i figure he came off the roof of our shed , we had placed the board leaning up ways on the shed wall and left it there for a few days and then we went to lay them on the back wall of our shed , which we had dug the dirt from ,,,,, we are on the side of a pretty steep hill and the dirt was about a foot over the bottom back boards of the shed wall,,,,,,,which water run off from the hill behind us had rotted , he was on the board in between and thats when my hubby screamed to come and see it..... lol it was big and that surprised me and he or she was beautifuly nubby and lumpy bumpy lizard , looked well fed too,,,,,,,,,,,, lol guess we disturbed its sleep, but it didint move till i put my hand near to it to see if it could have been someones tame lizard on the loose ,,,,,,,, lol but it jumped and ran,,,,,,,,, s****** my hubby almost came out of his shorts,,,,,,,,,,, it startled him so,
so we check all the boards and layed them side ways on the back of the shed to close the holes where the boards had rotted away , so i had dug all the dirt down to a foot below the concrete slab so the water would run off around the slab and we put the boards along where it was open, do you thing he ll come back , we have four cats , so we put several board over the first one so its got some where to hide , i dont mind shareing my space with local wild life , and now the cats and larger critters cant get into my shed , so he should be safe there,,,,
so tell me what you think.........