PDA

View Full Version : who is going to see the new Harry Potter movie???

cathych
07-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Can't wait!

sdb_ngc
07-14-2009, 08:53 AM
:( disliked it

sugarbear
07-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Hubby and I are going to the midnight showing....can't wait

Jenefer3
07-14-2009, 04:54 PM
I won tickets to it so the kids are going to go. I don't need to see it right away, I can wait.

Balanced
07-14-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm going to see it this weekend!!! Let me know what you think. :D

suzski
07-15-2009, 08:31 AM
My daughter is seeing it in about an hour.

sugarbear
07-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Maybe hubby and I are odd hehe...but we loved it(and thats all i'm gonna say about that), and the theater where we went were all sold out, good thing we had purchased our tickets early.

Jolie Rouge
07-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Well... somebody went to see it !

Midnight hour strikes with $22M for `Harry Potter'
David Germain, Ap Movie Writer
Wed Jul 15, 2:34 pm ET

LOS ANGELES – Harry Potter has conjured up a record-breaking witching hour.

The latest adventure of the teen wizard, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," took in $22.2 million domestically from midnight screenings, distributor Warner Bros. said Thursday. That breaks the record set by another Warner blockbuster, "The Dark Knight," which grossed $18.5 million from midnight shows last summer.

The sixth installment in the "Harry Potter" franchise also topped this year's biggest hit, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," which pulled in $16 million from midnight screenings on its first day in June.

"Half-Blood Prince" raked in $10 million more from midnight screenings than part five, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," in summer 2007.

There was pent-up demand for "Harry Potter" after that last movie. The two-year lag since "Order of the Phoenix" was the longest fans have had to wait for a new "Harry Potter" flick since the first movie arrived in 2001.

Warner originally planned to release "Half-Blood Prince" last November but bumped it to 2009 to take advantage of an open weekend in Hollywood's busy summer schedule.

"We're sorry that it caused some angst with our fans, but they're troopers, and they came out and supported the movie," said Dan Fellman, head of domestic distribution for Warner.

The new movie has Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) trying to pry loose a hidden memory from one of his teachers, who holds key information about the wizard world's darkest enemy, Lord Voldemort.

Earning some of the best reviews in the franchise's history, the new "Harry Potter" tale played to packed crowds in 3,003 theaters for its midnight debut. Domestically, that theater count climbed to 4,275 later Wednesday, and 50 more cinemas will be added Friday.

With that kind of market saturation, "Half-Blood Prince" could set other new box-office highs — both for the "Harry Potter" franchise and Hollywood in general.

"It's definitely within reach of some of the biggest records in box-office history," said Paul Dergarabedian, box-office analyst for Hollywood.com

"Order of the Phoenix" also opened on a Wednesday and had the franchise's best five-day debut at $139.7 million. "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" had the top three-day weekend opening of $102.7 million.

"The Dark Knight" is the record-holder for best opening day ($67.2 million), best weekend ($158.4 million) and best five-day debut ($203.8 million).

The seventh and final book in J.K. Rowling's fantasy series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," is being split into two parts for the big screen, with the first movie due out in November 2010 and the second in July 2011.

David Yates, who directed both "Half-Blood Prince" and "Order of the Phoenix," also is making the final two films.

"We just wish there were another four books," Fellman said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090715/ap_en_ot/us_box_office_harry_potter

suzski
07-16-2009, 07:44 AM
My 12-year old saw it yesterday and thought it was fantastic.

dv8grl
07-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Everyone I know who has read the book, has LOVED the movie.
Most people who've only seen the movies, have HATED the movie.

cathych
07-16-2009, 04:12 PM
went to see it, loved it.

dv8grl
07-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Saw it today, thought it was GREAT! Best one so far.