PDA

View Full Version : I have

fleabones3
07-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Tonsilitis. Been sick for 3 days, havent gotten to see the grandbaby in those 3 days. Thought I was getting better yesterday cuz my throat wasnt as sore, but couldnt keep my low grade fever down. Woke up this morning saying oh &^%$.. one of my friends kept telling me its strep. I have had strep and tonsilitis so many times, I know exactly what it is by symptoms.
So I go to the doctor today and she said yep, tonsilitis, and my tonsils are bigger than her thumbs. They are actually touching that thing that hangs down in the middle. I need to get my tonsils out, but since I am self pay..I dont see that happening. No doctor is going to let me pay it out....so now I gotta try to swallow these pills that I know for a fact were made for a horse....

cathych
07-08-2009, 04:02 PM
you need to check out some different ear nose and throat guys. Some of them might let you make payments. If you don't have any insurance, is there someplace around that you can go that take people who don't have any? I know at the hospital here they have to take anybody, regardless of whether you can pay or not. It seems like with the economy being so bad, that people will be willing to work with you. Tonsillitis is a b*tch, I used to have it all the time until I got those suckers out.

gmyers
07-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I feel for you about the tonsils and not being able to do anything for not having insurance. I went to the emergency room the other day and between it and the medicine I paid $660 it was over $900 but they knocked off some for me paying with a credit card. But all they did to me was take two vials of blood, test my sugar, take my temperature and check my blood pressure. Then the doctor told me he didn't handle what I have in the ER that he could refer me to someone else. I'm no better now than I was when I went and I'm out $660. And next week I have to see another doctor and theres no telling what that will cost. Don't you just love it when they say they don't handle what you have and you'll have to go somewhere else.

pepperpot
07-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Instead of 'paying off', can you 'save up'? :shrug Just a thought. I hope you feel better soon. :hug

fleabones3
07-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Well judging by the way she was talking.. my tonsils need to come out NOW

Unicornmom77
07-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Gosh that is awful, I hope you can get the care you need!

gmyers
07-08-2009, 07:56 PM
I hope you can get it done. Theres nothing like being sick and not being able to get it treated.

fleabones3
07-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks you. Its also why I am so sick all the time. I never just get a freaking cold.. I go straight from a cold to pneumonia, bronchitis, or strep or tonisilitis. Its because my huge azz tonsils ( even when i am not sick my tonsils are huge) are great big germ catchers. sigh. If its at all possible, I will get them out. Might not be anytime soon.. I will know more when the doctor calls me back and see what she found out from the ENT

BeanieLuvR
07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
I hope a way way works out that you can get them taken out. :hug

Army-Mom
07-09-2009, 06:03 AM
prayers that you get to feeling better soon.

hotwheelstx
07-09-2009, 06:31 AM
I too suffer the same. I've been advised many times to have my tonsils taken out. Risk-I might lose my voice forever if I do it. I'm there with you. Hang in there the best you can and I hope that you're feeling better soon. It's crappy to feel bad during the summer.

fleabones3
07-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks all. These big ol horse pills she gave me are strong antibiotics. fever has finally broken and my throat is feeling a lot better. Still a little sore but not much. Havent heard back from the doctor yet, but at least I can swallow easier and can now enjoy my pepsi once again

gmyers
07-09-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm glad you're feeling better. Hope it gets completely well.

hotwheelstx
07-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks all. These big ol horse pills she gave me are strong antibiotics. fever has finally broken and my throat is feeling a lot better. Still a little sore but not much. Havent heard back from the doctor yet, but at least I can swallow easier and can now enjoy my pepsi once again

I know some of those antibiotics at times are worse than being sick...trying to figure out how to swallow them. My mother when I was little and would get tonsilitis would make slushies out of Pepsi's or Coke's....blender with a lot of ice. They tasted really good and were easy to swallow. Might want to give it a try if you're up to it. Takes about 5 minutes to make.

As I grew up I'd ad vanilla ice cream sometimes and make floats. Aggie still thinks I've lost it when I do it. I really hope you're feeling better soon. I know it really hurts.

krisharry
07-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Hope you feel better soon, being sick sucks.