PDA

View Full Version : 2yr old in NJ river was stolen from Conn. grave

dv8grl
07-07-2009, 03:33 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090707/ap_on_re_us/us_child_s_body_stolen;_ylt=AtcgWg51FcCOmiWR0JsLIV ZG2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTJ0b2tuYzd1BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkwNz A3L3VzX2NoaWxkX3NfYm9keV9zdG9sZW4EcG9zAzE0BHNlYwN5 bl9wYWdpbmF0ZV9zdW1tYXJ5X2xpc3QEc2xrA2JvZHlmb3VuZG lubg--

STAMFORD, Conn. – A body found in a New Jersey river this week belonged to a 2-year-old girl whose remains were apparently stolen from a grave in Connecticut, police said Tuesday.

Two men fishing in the Passaic River on Sunday afternoon in Clifton, N.J., found a girl's body in a bag at the shoreline. An investigation led authorities to the grave of a girl who was buried in Stamford in 2007.

Authorities exhumed the grave and found an empty coffin.

Stamford Police Capt. Richard Conklin would not release the child's identity Tuesday but said authorities believe she was properly buried.

Police do not consider the girl's family suspects and said they appeared shocked to hear that their child's body was not in the grave, Conklin said.

"The Stamford Police Department's heartfelt condolences go to the family, who are reliving the grief of the loss of their child," he said.

The grave appeared undisturbed, but the coffin was damaged, an indication that the theft wasn't recent, he said.

He said police have no suspects and no clear motive. The body was in "remarkably good" condition, he said, and police were looking for any signs that it might have been used in a ritual.

"We have speculation and theories as to why something took place," he said.

:headshake

DAVESBABYDOLL
07-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Now that's just fukced up.

I wonder what speculation and theories they have? eww

gmyers
07-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Thats bad. Now the family has to worry that someone might take the childs body again. And wonder what they did to her while they had her.

speedygirl
07-07-2009, 03:55 PM
That's aweful. I can't imagine what that poor child's parents are feeling.

This is just creepy. What was someone doing with the body for all that time.

The grave appeared undisturbed, but the coffin was damaged, an indication that the theft wasn't recent, he said.

DAVESBABYDOLL
07-07-2009, 06:34 PM
That's aweful. I can't imagine what that poor child's parents are feeling.

This is just creepy. What was someone doing with the body for all that time.

Maybe some sort of cult or devil worship?

YankeeMary
07-07-2009, 07:25 PM
How messed up is this? How sad for her family. There are so really horrible people walking around.

krisharry
07-08-2009, 12:03 PM
words escape me on this one, sick.