PDA

View Full Version : vacation suggestions?

Airbuswife
06-30-2009, 12:24 PM
hi, does anyone have any suggestions on where to go on vacation this year? i have a 4yo and a 14 yo, both girls. so it would be me, dh and girls. dh cant get time off til september, so i have time to plan. i'm not sure if disney would be right yet for Bella (the 4 yo) i know theres lots of "big kid" stuff there, but not sure if she's old enough yet. she would love the princesses, but what else is there to do for her? also, should i let madison, (the 14 yo) take a friend so she doesnt feel bored? i've checked out some cruises, they have some 4 nights for $199 which is a great price, but i would have to get me and the girls passports. just looking for family friendly and inexpensive suggestions. btw, i'm in PA. :)

Quaker_Parrots
06-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Cedar Point would be awesome for the 14 year old, and closer to home. There is also alot for the 4 year old to do. Look around the site:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/

:dancing:

LitWtch
06-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Virginia Beach/ Busch Gardens is great for all ages, and you can get package deals. If your oldest takes a friend, they can roam the park on their own and you could stay with the little one. The shows are great and there is rides for big and little.

SLance68
06-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Your 4 year old would have a blast at Disney. I took my BFF's daughter when she turned 3 and it was the best time I have had at Disney (yeah I live here so I have been lots of times). They have lots of stuff for big kids and little ones alike. There is also Sea World and Universal Studios here also so you would have other options not just Disney parks.

Willow
06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Your 4 year old would have a blast at Disney. I took my BFF's daughter when she turned 3 and it was the best time I have had at Disney (yeah I live here so I have been lots of times). They have lots of stuff for big kids and little ones alike. There is also Sea World and Universal Studios here also so you would have other options not just Disney parks.

I agree! There is lots of stuff at Magic Kingdom that a 4 year old would be interested in. We've taken Lucy to all the parks accept for Animal Kingdom. We haven't been to that park yet but plan on going soon. She's only 9 months old but she seemed to have fun.

Anniston
06-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Be sure that if you let your daughter take a friend, you know for sure that it is a good fit and that you know any special characteristics of the friend. I took my friend's son on vacation with us, and it turned out pretty rough since she failed to tell me how picky he was with food. It was beyond picky actually, but I won't bore you with the story!

iluvmybaby
06-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Cedar Point would be awesome for the 14 year old, and closer to home. There is also alot for the 4 year old to do. Look around the site:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/

:dancing:

That is an awesome place to go, but right now it is SO hot, you would have to be super careful. You can not see everything in one day, so plan at least 2 days

Mini
06-30-2009, 03:53 PM
I dont have any advice I think Disney would be ok for them but then again Ive never been there myself. Have you thought about Dollywood in TN? They have things for kids(or big kids at heart lol) they also have Splash Country next to it which is a big water park. Not to mention Gatlinburg which has tons upon tons of shopping also the Ripley Aquarium. You could also stop in Knoxville at the Knoxville Zoo. Sounds expensive but trust me its worth it when youve got beautiful mountains in the background.

mosdata1
06-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Busch Gardens (in Tampa) is great for all ages. The rides, the shows & the animal attractions will keep both girls interested.

YankeeMary
06-30-2009, 04:14 PM
How about Cumming, Ga...LOL. I would love for Gracie to get to spend a week with Bella and for me to spend a week with you. That would be the best.

As someone else suggested Cedar Point, I think that would be great and not to awfully far from you. You get the fun of the rides and the enjoyment of an "ocean" at the same time. The beaches there on the lake are just like going to the ocean. It is a fun time to have. Also Mini suggested Dollywood. It is alot of fun also, just not a bunch to do for a wee one. It is beautiful there. We went last August (met my sister and her family there). It was extremely hot. But once you do Dollywood and etc. You can go up into the mountains and spend the day. You can raft down the river, have picinics, find a swimming hole. It is so much fun in the mountains. I wish we would have spent more time up there then doing all the "activities". You can also go through the mountains into Cherokee, NC. and see real indians. It was a pleasant vacation. But its a long drive to Tenn. from Pa.
Panama City Beach is beautiful as well and lots and lots to do. You could also go to Myrtle Beach and look up Crick.

Whatever you all decide, I hope you have the best time ever.

Oh yeah one more thing...I think having the 14 year older take a friend is a wonderful idea. It will help save on your sanity...lol.

teenap
06-30-2009, 04:38 PM
if you need passports, get them asap, then you can decide on which cruise would be best suited for you
have a great time wherever you choose

Airbuswife
07-01-2009, 09:43 PM
How about Cumming, Ga...LOL. I would love for Gracie to get to spend a week with Bella and for me to spend a week with you. That would be the best.

OH trust me Mary, if hubby's airline flew there i would have been there a loooong time ago, lol!! I would absolutely LOVE to spend time with you and Gracie :)