PDA

View Full Version : Went to garage sales today and found lots of money

janelle
06-27-2009, 04:56 PM
I was at a garage sale and looked at a coat. I always check the pockets to see if they have holes. I stuck my hand in and came out with a wad of money. I didn't count it but I saw a ten and the folded money had a one on top but could have had a lot of tens and up inside it.

I took it to the women having the sale. She was happy. I guess she takes her money and keeps it in her coat pockets when she is out. I then looked in another coat and found another wad of money. I asked her if she had sold any coats that day. LOL She checked all her coats then and thanked me.

Why do people not check coat pockets before a sale.

iluvmybaby
06-27-2009, 05:25 PM
You a good person

iowakat
06-27-2009, 05:28 PM
I work at a local thrift shop where we sell donated items. You'd be surprised what we find in pockets.

Unicornmom77
06-27-2009, 07:57 PM
You are one good person!

ttistin
06-27-2009, 09:07 PM
so many people would have taken that money and left. You are a good person.

pepperpot
06-27-2009, 09:13 PM
:yeah:

diana_circe
06-27-2009, 09:16 PM
You are a good person. I wouldn't have even thought to check the pockets until I got home to wash it, if even then.

pepperpot
06-27-2009, 09:19 PM
After my dad died, I donated all his clothes.....I realized a few days later that I never checked the pockets.....:shrug....oh well....:sigh

BeanieLuvR
06-27-2009, 09:36 PM
She's lucky you were the one to find it. :) A lot of people would have just kept it. It now has me thinking though, I have all of my mom's clothes bagged in the basement to give to the salvation army. Maybe I should go through and check the pockets. You really are a good person, Janelle!

YankeeMary
06-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes Janelle that was very honest of you. I know that woman was extremely thankful. If I were here I wouldn't have charged you anything for the things you wanted. You earned a gold star today.

janelle
06-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Well I didn't think of it as being good. It would have bothered me to no end if I didn't say anything and took it. I have had sales and would not want anyone doing that to me.

I bought a pair of slacks one time, came home and found a dollar in the pocket. The person having the sale was next door so it was easy to return it. I told them maybe they better look in the other pockets of clothes they were selling.

I never make it a habit of putting money in my pockets. Just not a good idea.

cathych
06-28-2009, 06:07 AM
I work at a thrift store also. We find money in purses and pockets all the time. Whoever finds it gets to keep it. I found a $10 bill one time right at lunch time.

belle5691
06-28-2009, 06:08 AM
I commend you for doing "the right thing"...Sometimes people really need just the renewal of trust in people....

whatever
06-29-2009, 10:38 AM
I work at a local thrift shop where we sell donated items. You'd be surprised what we find in pockets.
Yep, my aunt works in a church and they get donated items for sales and find all kinds of things in the pockets.

so many people would have taken that money and left. You are a good person.

I agree. Esp. with the economy today. Whats sad is they would have just checked all the pockets after they found money in one and NEVER even bothered to buy the coats more than likely....

SHERY123
06-29-2009, 02:44 PM
that was super nice of you:)

teenap
06-29-2009, 04:26 PM
nice going, after hearing about people stealing things from yard sales, this is nice to hear..