PDA

View Full Version : I need a spirit lift ASAP

meltodd69
06-26-2009, 03:43 PM
WTH is wrong with men???

My husband of 15 years just walked out and left me this morning. I really could use a friend right now.

No reason why just he wants to go home to Texas. He took all the money and left. I can't stop crying and I really want to get drunk and have a smoke!
My mom was here when he walked out. He got into his truck and left. Says I love you and I'm sorry WTH is that. He must have been planning this for months.

I don't know what I am going to do. Someone please tell me something to make it better. My mom has been trying all day and I even went over to help my son clean his new home he is moving into. Trying not to think but its not working. Bless my son he knew right away something was wrong. And I have never cried infront of him, but I just held him and cried like a baby.

But now I am alone.
This is the worse day I have had in years. How am I going to do this on my own? How could I let myself get blindsided like this? I just want to curl up and die.
He is my best friend and now he is gone.

DBackFan
06-26-2009, 04:07 PM
I am so so sorry. All I know to say is you are such a strong woman. Look at what you have accomplished recently! Besides that you have a Mother, a Son and a grandbaby for sure that I know need you.; However this turns out you WILL make it and you WILL find happiness again if you choose to. :hug

fleabones3
06-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh jeez.. I am so very very sorry. You are right , he has probably been planning. I cant believe he took all the money and left you with what? I know you are strong enough to do this. you CAN do this. we are here for you

CLARKS4
06-26-2009, 04:13 PM
I have no advice for you as I have never had to deal with something like this.
:hug and be strong

YankeeMary
06-26-2009, 04:22 PM
WOW! I am shocked. Who would have guessed? Please know that I will pray for you to have strength to make it through this, and you WILL make it through this. It won't be easy but you will not only survive but you will succeed. We are all here for you. If he would just up and leave you like he has done, then you don't need him. You are a great woman and he just made the biggest mistake in his life!!! I wish you only the best. HUGS!!!

taz69
06-26-2009, 04:27 PM
I am so sorry! I know what you are going thru-am going thru it myself. One thing I have learned is DO NOT blame yourself! There are so many things you can do to fullfill your life-but take the the time to grieve, cry, scream and throw things if you need to. If you ever want to talk-pm me-will give you my number. I am going thru so much because my hubby did the same. Take a deep breath, take it one day at a time, and accept the care, love and support from your friends. I shut myself off-and almost destroyed myself mentally. Accept the love of friends and family-tell them to knock it off when they get too oppressive(and they will) but hang in there.

krisharry
06-26-2009, 04:41 PM
OMG, I am so sorry to hear this. You are not alone, you have your Mom, a great son and a new grandbaby and don't you have a sister too(forgive me if I am wrong) and you have all of us terrific ladies here at BBS who will lend an ear and give a shoulder to cry on. Chin up, you will get through this. I have complete faith in you. Oh and do not smoke! You have worked too hard to give up now even though you must want to really bad. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

sunflowers
06-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Could it be a midlife crisis?
Sorry to hear about it and hope it works out for you!
Hugs!!

gmyers
06-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm really sorry. Maybe he'll think about what he's done and come back when he realizes he's made a bad mistake. People do stupid stuff sometimes. I don't know what to say but I hope it works out for you.

Mary Jo
06-26-2009, 05:57 PM
I am so sorry.
Be strong. You can do it!
Hugs and prayers.
:grouphug

dangerousfem
06-26-2009, 06:22 PM
omg.. Mel.. I am so sorry.. wth was he thinking??

You have your wonderful new grandson... your mom, son and DIL... and you are a great woman... I am sorry for the pain he has caused you.... no words will take that away... but know that you will get thru this... :hug

speedygirl
06-26-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry that this is going on. You at least deseve the decency of an explanation. To take all of the money is unforgivable. What a jerk. Big hugs.

meltodd69
06-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Thank you everyone. My sister came over and picked me up and we went to her house for a bit.
I messed up and had a smoke. Made me sooooo dang sick for hours. Did not help my stomach at all or my nerves. Its so tied up in knots.

I really wish I knew what was going through his mind. I talked to his mother and she had no clue either. His brother was upset because he bought a train ticket to come up for christmas. I told him I am still his sister and come see me.

I can count on one hand how many times we have ever had a fight. Why is this happening? We even had plans for the 4th of July. My mom said he will probably get half way there and turn around. I have this feeling that is not going to happen.

My little dogs run and bark everytime they hear a noise. They think its him. This is one sad house a grown arse woman bawling her eyes out and three depressed dogs.

YankeeMary
06-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Thank you everyone. My sister came over and picked me up and we went to her house for a bit.
I messed up and had a smoke. Made me sooooo dang sick for hours. Did not help my stomach at all or my nerves. Its so tied up in knots.

I really wish I knew what was going through his mind. I talked to his mother and she had no clue either. His brother was upset because he bought a train ticket to come up for christmas. I told him I am still his sister and come see me.

I can count on one hand how many times we have ever had a fight. Why is this happening? We even had plans for the 4th of July. My mom said he will probably get half way there and turn around. I have this feeling that is not going to happen.

My little dogs run and bark everytime they hear a noise. They think its him. This is one sad house a grown arse woman bawling her eyes out and three depressed dogs.

If he would I would be darned if he would get back in MY house. I mean he took all monies, basically that says he doesn't give a crap if you have food to eat or anything. This in the long road might turn into the best thing that has ever happened to you. I sure hope so. I imagine you are just sick. Hugs to you and those little doggies of yours.

fleabones3
06-26-2009, 08:29 PM
I agree with what someone posted earlier. He at least should call and give an explanation. People just dont come home one day and decide ah hell, I dont want to be here , Im leaving. Whats in Texas he could be missing that much?

ilovecats
06-26-2009, 08:31 PM
I have spent a long time trying to think of something to make you feel better,all I can say is "sorry".If my hubby left right now I don't know what I would do,I would be homeless.Wishing you good luck.If you need a friend,I am a little short,feel free to pm me.

missteena
06-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Wow. That is pretty shocking...after 15 years!!!!!!

I really have nothing much to say other than you can do it. Just stay close to everyone else in your life.

ttistin
06-26-2009, 08:41 PM
:hug You will get through this. You will be a much stronger person after all this. You are a good person with a great mom, son and new grandson.

You are not alone, you have people!

WendyLou75
06-26-2009, 08:44 PM
I hate to say it, but it may not be WHAT he's missing as much as it is WHO he's missing. It just seems to me that maybe there's someone else? Mid Life Crisis like someone said? I know I'm not helping but it just occurred to me that there's probably someone else...
I'm sorry though... :hug

I agree with what someone posted earlier. He at least should call and give an explanation. People just dont come home one day and decide ah hell, I dont want to be here , Im leaving. Whats in Texas he could be missing that much?

meltodd69
06-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Oh I told him if he left not to come back ever. I don't care if you turn around 100 miles from here. You wasted money that we needed for bills. I am soooo hurt but then I'm pissed too. Does that make sense.
I am going to box up his crap and have a garage sale! He didn't take his boat! Guess what, GONE! When I can break into the shed that stuff is gone too. Yeah he took the key. And he took my mom's garage door opener. She biotched for a second, then stopped cause I was crying again.
I feel like I wasted my life. I didn't do a thing to deserve this. I was nothing but good to him.

He was always upset because I put my son first, but he knew that when he married me. I made that clear, my child will always come first. I found out my son said good riddins when he talked to my sister. I always thought he liked him. They went fishing together and worked on cars. God don't tell me my son was unhappy all those years! That will kill me for sure. Maybe he was saying that because of my break down with him. And he knows I'm hurting.
Bright side I get my grandson in the morning. I am going to hold him sooooo tight. I hope I don't squish him lol.

WendyLou75
06-26-2009, 09:02 PM
You're 100% right, YOU didn't do ANYTHING wrong. It's HIS loss...he must be a moron. I don't really know you, but I read your posts...and you seem like a wonderful, caring, intelligent, strong woman.
The fact that he took the key and the door opener tells me that he'll be back, in the night of course, to get his ****...wouldn't let that happen if I was you.

WendyLou75
06-26-2009, 09:05 PM
You're 100% right, YOU didn't do ANYTHING wrong. It's HIS loss...he must be a moron. I don't really know you, but I read your posts...and you seem like a wonderful, caring, intelligent, strong woman.
The fact that he took the key and the door opener tells me that he'll be back, in the night of course, to get his ****...wouldn't let that happen if I was you.

Shann
06-26-2009, 09:11 PM
:hug that is so messed up and mind boggling. I'm so sorry you are going through this and hope you find strength from those around you. :hug don't feel like you have to be strong either, if you need to cry/breakdown/etc and get it out, do that, no need to keep it pent up inside, it will make you feel better. I would probably be falling apart right now too. but just know that this will pass and you'll pick yourself back up and move on and find someone who truly deserves you.

mabby89
06-26-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm so sorry this happened.

BeanieLuvR
06-26-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm so sorry he did this to you. It is terrible that he left with no explanation and took all of the money. What a low thing to do. I'm glad you have your family there for you.

jasmine
06-26-2009, 10:47 PM
I know you want to go and get rid of all of his stuff, and by human nature, you have every right, but hang on, and don't go crazy. This could/will end in divorce. And if you get rid of anything that big in value as a boat..... you just might have to pay that back later...... that will be tough on you $$ wise.
What is in Texas? Was that where he use to live? What is he missing there? Sorry for being nosey..... j/w
As other people said, the fact that he took all the money, shows that he is NOT caring for your well being, clothing,food,housing.......
Right now the pain is fresh.
Right now is the hardest.
Right now is the lonlyest

but you can do it, I know you can.
My ex left me on the day he got fired with nothing and 2 kids to take care of. Looking back, it made me stronger, a fighter.
I know you can get through this.
Cry like a baby, get it all out, and then pick yourself up.

hugs to you!!

galeane29
06-27-2009, 04:21 AM
He left her with no money I think the court would understand the dire need to sell the stupid boat and I highly doubt they would make HER pay HIM for it back when it was mutual property.

jonette5
06-27-2009, 04:31 AM
I can add nothing that hasn't been said already, except if you choose, you have every right to sell any property that is in your name and not just his, it is marital property and if you need money cuz he cleaned out the bank account (get documentation of that) then sell away. Stay strong. (((((HUGS)))))

NasCat
06-27-2009, 04:47 AM
I'm so very sorry for you. Try to stay strong, your family will need you as you will need them. And don't feel bad because you messed up and smoked, just don't do it again, you've done so well. (((hugs)))

Quaker_Parrots
06-27-2009, 05:18 AM
He left her with no money I think the court would understand the dire need to sell the stupid boat and I highly doubt they would make HER pay HIM for it back when it was mutual property.

She might have trouble selling it if it has a title. I would definately check that part of it out. If it doesnt have a title, sell it. It is still community property until divorce procedings start. Once the papers are filled, then comes the problem of getting in trouble with the court if anything is sold. He took all the money, wouldnt he get in trouble with the court as well if this were the case?

Mary Jo
06-27-2009, 05:35 AM
I am so sorry this has happened to you.
You did nothing wrong.
You need to see a lawyer ASAP. Are the bills in his name or yours? If they are in his name do not pay them. Utilities usually let you slide a few months before shut-off. Be proactive and take care of yourself.

wubbywa
06-27-2009, 05:52 AM
I went thru similar situation 13 years ago. I am a better person, much more confident etc. If you start a journal or something like that and just write what each day is like how you feel etc it helps to get it out. Then in a week you can look back and see that what you wrote and how you felt has gotten better. Not sure if that makes sense, it just shows how far you can go by yourself. Focus on the kids, keep busy, stay around people and hopefully that smoke that made you sick will keep you from starting again. Its so dang hard to stop did it once and started again and still am. Expensive and stupid I know. Good luck oh and look around you and see what you really have!

meltodd69
06-27-2009, 06:59 AM
He made to texas I just asked his niece.
I asked if he would speak to me and NO
Give him time WTF is that?

ElleGee
06-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Ugh damn hun I am so sorry this is happening! :hug

SLance68
06-27-2009, 08:46 AM
She might have trouble selling it if it has a title. I would definately check that part of it out. If it doesnt have a title, sell it. It is still community property until divorce procedings start. Once the papers are filled, then comes the problem of getting in trouble with the court if anything is sold. He took all the money, wouldnt he get in trouble with the court as well if this were the case?

Most all boats do have a title. If it is titled in his name and hers and says "or" instead of "and" then she can sell it when ever she wants. If it is in just his name then DO NOT try to sell it. As for tools and stuff in the shed - have at it - take them to a pawn shop you will probably get more for them there and it will be quick.

mosdata1
06-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Please change the code on your garage door opener, or disconnect it all together. Change the locks on your doors and find out what you need to do to bar him from the house since he abandoned you. Get a new bank account, in your name only. If you have a joint account, remove his name - or if he took all the cash out of that one, & you don't get direct deposit - remove your name. Put a stop on all ATM cards. Make sure you are NOT on the hook, if he does anything financially stupid. If you have joint charge accounts put a stop on the cards & if you can, remove one of your names from the acct. If it's his acct & his responsibility - take your name off, if it's your acct & your responsibility - cancel his card immediately.
I am so very sorry this happened.

I will be hoping & praying for your strength.

fairydana
06-27-2009, 09:50 PM
I am so sorry. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Girl, just stay strong. Cry when you need to. Keep your head up high. Its not your fault. You focus on you! You can do this and you will.

He is a dumbass! I am so sorry that he has hurt you!

:hug

SurferGirl
06-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Mel, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I send hugs and prayers and if you need to vent message me.

OmaLisa
06-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Geesh, men are such PIGS!!!

I'm very sorry you are going through this. I do know how it feels but you will get through it a stronger, more confident woman. If you ever need to talk feel free to pm me.

fleabones3
06-29-2009, 12:16 PM
So how are things going for you now? Are you doing ok?

ilikefree
06-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Sorry, I just got here today and just read about this. I don't know where you are in Ohio, but if you need help and I'm close enough to you, just ask. I can come and help you take his stuff somewhere to sell. I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said, but you will be in my prayers.

babygirl08
06-29-2009, 11:22 PM
This is meltodd's sister babygirl08, with an up date meltodd packed and went to texas after him don't know no more than ya'll do but i agree that the the way he did things was very wrong. God will get him for hurting meltodd she is a good person and didn't do anything wrong but now she did she left that precioucus little grand son with no grandma cook and me with no sister. Now i am crying and so is her son and mother. She said she would be back in a couple weeks but i really don't think so. I am gonna have to go pack her stuff and put it in storage for her so when she is done chaceing a man who really don't care she will have her belongings. Will keep ya posted on meltodd.

Missing my sister bunches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAVESBABYDOLL
06-30-2009, 01:38 AM
I hope Mel made the right choice. I mean, he left and then didn't want to talk to her after he got there, he left for a reason. I hope she gets what she seeks.

Thanks for the update.

NasCat
06-30-2009, 04:19 AM
Oh, my

Freebeemom
06-30-2009, 05:37 AM
This happened to my mom about 2 years ago. My step dad and her were married for 27 years. Just up and left. Now, he is a miserable SOB, remarried. If I ever see him again I will spit on him, literally.
You need to understand that it is not you. I am sure you miss him and miss the way things were. I don't know about your relationship, but the best is to know that you can do this! Hang in there...and post! Talk about it....

jasmine
06-30-2009, 11:34 AM
she must really love him to do that...

fleabones3
06-30-2009, 01:15 PM
She may love him, but chasing after him isnt going to bring him back. IMHO she has to accept and let go, but I know thats easier said than done. Even if he came home, you couldnt trust him ever again. Might come home from grocery shopping and he'd be gone again.

I hope Meltodd finds the happiness she is looking for

whatever
06-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Wow I'm just now reading this. Not been on much. I'm so sorry for you!! I would be livid if my dh took all "our" money!! But I'm sure right now you can't see past the pain of him leaving.
You have a new grandbaby (if I remember correctly?) and your son to help you.And you mentioned your mom. I wish you well!

Kelsey1224
06-30-2009, 01:57 PM
You know...I would like to say that I would never chase after a man who did to me what her husband did to her...but one should never say never.

I think back on the degrading things I did to try and get my first husband back...things I never thought I would resort to...and I can't blame her.

I just feel so sorry for the pain she is going through and I hope she comes back stronger and in a better place.

SurferGirl
06-30-2009, 02:53 PM
This is meltodd's sister babygirl08, with an up date meltodd packed and went to texas after him don't know no more than ya'll do but i agree that the the way he did things was very wrong. God will get him for hurting meltodd she is a good person and didn't do anything wrong but now she did she left that precioucus little grand son with no grandma cook and me with no sister. Now i am crying and so is her son and mother. She said she would be back in a couple weeks but i really don't think so. I am gonna have to go pack her stuff and put it in storage for her so when she is done chaceing a man who really don't care she will have her belongings. Will keep ya posted on meltodd.

Missing my sister bunches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babygirl, thank you so much for the update. I hope that everything works out for her and she goes back home to you and her grandson. Wishing both you and her the very best.

ElleGee
06-30-2009, 04:29 PM
*sigh

dangerousfem
06-30-2009, 05:05 PM
I hate that she went chasing after him.. but at the same time.. I understand the turmoil her mind is in.. been there.. done that... I hope it all works out for her...

ma4angels
06-30-2009, 09:33 PM
I hope that she doesn't get her heart stomped on when she gets there. If left her to move out of state it was for a reason. More like a someone. I am sorry but on thing that is a proven fact men are always going to have a back before moving on. They don't want to take care of themselves. Anyway wish her luck

DBackFan
07-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Awww Mel...dang it. :( Take care of yourself.

JewRican
07-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Are they near Dallas?

dinosmom
07-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Oh no! I just read this. I hope everything works out for her. I just want to give her a BIG hug. Been there, done that!

babygirl08
07-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Wll i got an up date she did make it to houston ok left a message for her to at least call me to let me know how she is doing if everything is alright and if she needs anything. I am there for my sister no matter what she does i love her and will really miss her if she decides to stay but i do understand and would probly do the same. Will keep every one posted!! Thanks

mosdata1
07-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the update. Please let her know that everyone here is pulling for her. I wish her the best & hope that whatever the outcome, she is happy.

fleabones3
07-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Well thats all any of us or anyone for that matter can do, is accept her decisions. Doesnt really matter who likes it or not or approves. She has to do what she thinks is best. I just hate the fact of how he left her, and her following so soon probably without thinking things out all the way... but hell, like everyone else said.. been there done that and have the shirt to prove it. Hope she finds the happiness she is chasing

shadowcats
07-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Well thats all any of us or anyone for that matter can do, is accept her decisions. Doesnt really matter who likes it or not or approves. She has to do what she thinks is best. I just hate the fact of how he left her, and her following so soon probably without thinking things out all the way... but hell, like everyone else said.. been there done that and have the shirt to prove it. Hope she finds the happiness she is chasing

no matter what the outcome sometimes you just have to see what the reason is , and his way of leaving just up in the air like he did , doesnt make sense ,,,,,,, and either they ll make up and get back together or she ll learn shes better off with out him, either way she has to do what is best for her, and all we can do is advise her and comfort her if she needs it. i hope it works out for her,,,,,,,,,, who knows maybe its something she needed to do and he needed to do,,,,,,,,, we all have times in our lives where its a make or break time in our relationships,,,,,,,,,

good luck to you dear if you read this , just keep your own self strong no matter what, there is life after devastations..........
been there , done that...... and survived ..........:crossfingers:crossfingers:grouphug:grou phug

Mini
07-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Wow. I was going to say how horrible it was for him to leave(which it was) with no reason but then to read she went all the way down there after him? WTF?

If he left and left her with nothing obviously he never cared about her at all. Why in the &^&^% would you go that far just for someone that didnt even leave you with an explination? No you shouldnt say never but I know for a darn fact if my husband did that I dont care how long I was with him his crap would be gone the next day and filing for the divorce. Im sorry but Im not gonna waste my time chasing down a man that doesnt love me.

I hope to God you know what youre doing

fairydana
07-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the updates. Just wanted her to know that I am thinking of her and praying that she will be ok!

justme23
07-03-2009, 06:32 PM
All of you who just "know" what you would do... I hope you are never actually in that position. I assure you, what you think you would do and what you might actually do are two totally different things. I've been the husband in this story... and my leaving did NOT mean I didn't love my husband. I did and still do and fortunately for me he was willing to give me another chance... it's been almost 13 years now and things could not be better.

fleabones3
07-03-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm not saying I blame her for going after him... I think she needs answers to get closure.. or maybe she does want him back.

But I do "KNOW" and "KNOW FOR A FACT" that if my DH left me with absolutely no reason, no warning, and took all "OUR " money, that I wouldnt want him back. Sorry, but if he could be that cruel and heartless and cold.. I dont need nor want him. I believe I would want answers and reasons, but really, I could live without them because he just showed he had no heart and no love for me.
I understand everyone is different and this is what she needs and wants.. thats great. I wish her the best and hope everything turns out the way she wants. I' m just saying if it was ME... there is a reason why they invented the word " NEXT".

catdance
07-03-2009, 07:14 PM
****SIGH**** I just don't know...I feel sad reading this...fingers crossed, everyone comes out, OK......

pepperpot
07-03-2009, 07:31 PM
You're a good sis babygirl.....:hug

ma4angels
07-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Wll i got an up date she did make it to houston ok left a message for her to at least call me to let me know how she is doing if everything is alright and if she needs anything. I am there for my sister no matter what she does i love her and will really miss her if she decides to stay but i do understand and would probly do the same. Will keep every one posted!! Thanks

I hope that your sis is doing well in Houston and I hope she finds happiness with whatever she chooses.

SurferGirl
07-07-2009, 07:27 AM
babygirl, tell Mel that her friends are thinking of her. I really wish her the very best and I've been saying some prayers for her. She is such a good a person. You are a real good sister to her.

fleabones3
07-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Anybody hear how she is doing?

babygirl08
07-09-2009, 10:47 AM
No one has heard from meltodd since she left only an off line message i got from her brother n law that she did make it there ok. If i hear anything i will surely let ya'll know. I just keep praying she comes home really soon or at least calls me, i sure do miss her bunches and she know i will help her in any way i can.

Thanks everyone;
meltodd's sister babygirl08

WendyLou75
07-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm not trying to be morbid, but has anyone thought to call the Police? I don't know the man or anything, but if he really didn't want her around anymore, and then she went chasing after him... and no one's heard from her? Not saying he did anything, but you just never know. I don't know how close she is/was to her sister, but ... if it were me I'd be calling the Police, with her name, his and his last known address there.

I hope I am wrong... but I just think it's the thing to do.

wubbywa
07-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm not trying to be morbid, but has anyone thought to call the Police? I don't know the man or anything, but if he really didn't want her around anymore, and then she went chasing after him... and no one's heard from her? Not saying he did anything, but you just never know. I don't know how close she is/was to her sister, but ... if it were me I'd be calling the Police, with her name, his and his last known address there.

I hope I am wrong... but I just think it's the thing to do.

Its not morbid to think that I thoughtthe same thing about calling the police.

ilovecats
07-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Its not morbid to think that I thoughtthe same thing about calling the police.

I also thought it odd that she hasn't checked in with her sister yet.I hope she is ok.

Quaker_Parrots
07-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I also thought it odd that she hasn't checked in with her sister yet.I hope she is ok.

It is extremely odd she hasnt been in contact with her son, especially since she said in some of her past posts that her son always came first, and that was something her DH knew from the beginning of their relationship.

ilovecats
07-09-2009, 07:29 PM
It is extremely odd she hasnt been in contact with her son, especially since she said in some of her past posts that her son always came first, and that was something her DH knew from the beginning of their relationship.

I don't know why I didn't think of that.She hasn't even checked on her grandson?how odd and scary.

SurferGirl
07-09-2009, 07:50 PM
I hope she checks in with someone real soon. I sure hope she is all right.

I'll keep praying that's about all I can do.

moe265
07-09-2009, 09:42 PM
I am near Houston if I can be of any help let me know!

fleabones3
07-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Wow... hope she is ok... this is weird

The_Kinzzy
07-10-2009, 10:29 AM
It's very weird that no one knows anything, I would definitely try to get a hold of her or someone there just to be sure everything is okay. I hope everything turns out okay for her.

ma4angels
07-10-2009, 12:53 PM
I hope that someone hears from her soon. And I agree to call the police because if she is close to her son as she says she is and hasn't called him I would be calling someone.
I would try to get a message from her by her brother in law for her to call or I will be calling the police.

dangerousfem
07-10-2009, 08:06 PM
I have to agree.. we all know how Mel was about that grandbaby.. and her son.. there should have been a phone call by now.. time to look into things I think.

babygirl08
07-10-2009, 09:20 PM
I have been sending messages to her mother n law and her brother n law and all they say is she's ok and will call when she gets to it neither me nor her son has heard from her since she left she told me she would be back in a couple of weeks to either pack up or stay here and it is now coming on her 2 weeks. Hopefully i here something real soon or i will send the police there all i know is they are living in spendora but i do have old addresses and i do have an inside conect at the police station there in houston gonna do some checking tomorrow will keep everyone posted!! Thanks for caring

nightrider127
07-10-2009, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't wait even another day. I would call the police and have them check out things.

This is getting scary.

fleabones3
07-10-2009, 10:23 PM
I know she is a grown woman and all, but dang. the way he left, then the way she went after him.. I know it doesnt take over night to straighten these things out, but its either he's coming home to give it another shot,she moving there with him, or her coming home on her own by now.. at least a freakin phone call to her son and sis and let them know something...

Mini
07-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Ok Im not saying your lying Babygirl(please dont think that) but that just seems odd. The way she talks about her son she was VERY close to him but yet she'll just call whenever she feels like it? What is that seriously? Is this man really so much more important then her family? I thought she said she put her son first always?

Quaker_Parrots
07-11-2009, 06:24 AM
It could be she is doing this to please him. I dont know all the details as to why he left, but it could very well be because he felt he didnt matter. If he wasnt abusive, and was good to her, it is time she focused on her own relationship with her husband and let her son have his life.

It is nice that she wanted to put her son first, and I agree with that when he was a child, but he is an adult now with a family of his own. It is time for her to let go.

Ok Im not saying your lying Babygirl(please dont think that) but that just seems odd. The way she talks about her son she was VERY close to him but yet she'll just call whenever she feels like it? What is that seriously? Is this man really so much more important then her family? I thought she said she put her son first always?

jonette5
07-11-2009, 06:40 AM
In no way would I trust what the MIL and BIL are telling you. They could be covering something up for the husband. I would call the police and have them check on her. If you have MIL or BIL phone number and it is not a cell, the police can find where they live. Did she leave without a cell phone to keep in touch? Something is not right with this picture. If it were me I sure would have called someone in my family by now to let them know what is going on and that I am ok. Please keep us updated. I am sending prayers that all is ok.

moe265
07-11-2009, 10:44 AM
I agree.. i wouldn't believe them either... I would want to hear her voice. Why wouldn't she call.. that's just weird. If she is devoting time to the husband that's all fine and good but to just disappear is just plain scary!

meltodd69
07-11-2009, 02:18 PM
I am fine! Just been busy. Haven't seen this side of my family in 13 years. I would think my sis would understand that.

I will be home soon and no need to worry.

jasmine
07-11-2009, 02:38 PM
glad to hear you are having a good time visiting family you hadn't seen in so long, and nice that you are doing ok also.

DBackFan
07-11-2009, 03:15 PM
I am fine! Just been busy. Haven't seen this side of my family in 13 years. I would think my sis would understand that.

We are all very glad to hear from you. I think your Sister had every reason to worry since all of us who don't even know you were worried also.

Stay in touch with those who love you while you are away. :hug

fairydana
07-11-2009, 03:35 PM

And I would think that you would understand why your sister was worried about you. Seeing how you just left and have been gone for 2 weeks with barely any word on how you are doing. Put yourself in her shoes.

fleabones3
07-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Glad to hear from you and know that you are ok.. i know it seems everyone is jumping butt, but really , its concern and worry for your welfare..

SurferGirl
07-11-2009, 04:48 PM

Mel I'm so glad that you are alright. Keep in touch and I hope everything works out for the best. :hug

YankeeMary
07-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Did she actually talk to her sister or just post here? You gals are paranoid and its rubbing off on me...lol.

ilovecats
07-11-2009, 07:26 PM

You are obviously well loved and missed here,"3,378 views"to this thread lol.I hope things work out for the best.

ma4angels
07-12-2009, 08:21 AM
I am glad that you are doing fine but I agree that your sister has right to worry about she loves you . I hope everything works out for you.

Kelsey1224
07-12-2009, 02:16 PM

Well...this just makes me mad. I have been concerned about her. I truly didn't think any harm had come to her. But I wondered what would make a woman leave the child to whom she has said, ad nauseum, came first in her life (and a grandchild) so she could follow...no...chase a man who dumped her so badly.

Her post makes it sound like she has been on vacation visiting old friends and is wondering why everyone is making such a big deal over nothing.

jasmine
07-12-2009, 02:30 PM
babygirl08
just wondering if we could get a comment from you about your sister checking in. Have you heard from her personally yet? Or just hearing from the mother-n-law and brother-n-law(his side of the family) that she is ok???

tngirl
07-12-2009, 05:50 PM
I don't think anyone wants to hear my opinion...lol.

YankeeMary
07-12-2009, 06:26 PM

Oh I do! I love your opinions...hehe.

tngirl
07-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Oh I do! I love your opinions...hehe.
Trust me, unless you are extremely bored, you don't want to hear my opinion...lmao.

nightrider127
07-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Comon Roberta, share your opinion. I am at work and bored.

YankeeMary
07-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Trust me, unless you are extremely bored, you don't want to hear my opinion...lmao.

It just so happens that I am. Go figure eh???

fleabones3
07-12-2009, 07:38 PM
come on tngirl.... noone else on here has ever cared before if anyone wants to hear their opinion.... so please tell us yours

fairydana
07-12-2009, 07:44 PM

I want to hear it! :itsme:

meltodd69
07-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Sorry to worry everyone. I did talk to sis on the phone. They all had the # here, I told them I would be gone a couple of weeks.

Sorry again to worry everyone. I will be home soon and then I can talk more. It's so nice to know I have so many friends.

DH I think was having a mid-life crisis. Go figure! I thought I would be the first to snap lol. We have been talking things out. And he knows he was Wrong! He was right about alot of the things he was upset about, but wrong how he handled it.

tngirl
07-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Okay guys, you asked for it...so don't blame me when someone gets po'd. I was trying to be nice...lmao.

Reading this thread makes me think that someone is needing a bit of attention and felt the need to throw in some drama. And any woman (or man) that picks up and going to go chasing after someone that obviously doesn't want them...I mean really, it isn't like he moved out, he LEFT big time...is desperate.

I'm sorry, I am a firm believer in marriage and death do we part and all, but chasing the man down? Come on, the talking could have been done by telephone if there was actually a marriage to be saved.

Since I don't know the people involved in this little drama all I can do is speculate. And I would think that someone that can get online here and there to "check in" on a public message board could pick up a telephone and call her family to let them know she is okay.

So, my speculation is that there is a bit more to this story that isn't being told or intentionally omitted.

WendyLou75
07-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Okay guys, you asked for it...so don't blame me when someone gets po'd. I was trying to be nice...lmao.

Reading this thread makes me think that someone is needing a bit of attention and felt the need to throw in some drama. And any woman (or man) that picks up and going to go chasing after someone that obviously doesn't want them...I mean really, it isn't like he moved out, he LEFT big time...is desperate.

I'm sorry, I am a firm believer in marriage and death do we part and all, but chasing the man down? Come on, the talking could have been done by telephone if there was actually a marriage to be saved.

Since I don't know the people involved in this little drama all I can do is speculate. And I would think that someone that can get online here and there to "check in" on a public message board could pick up a telephone and call her family to let them know she is okay.

So, my speculation is that there is a bit more to this story that isn't being told or intentionally omitted.

Actually this is EXACTLY what I think, I was just trying to be nice as well. There's a LOT that doesn't add up, especially the part about how her son is first and foremost, but yet she didn't get in touch with him, to our knowledge and I DO believe her sister, or her sister, until now. I just think the BS meter went through the roof on this one.

catdance
07-12-2009, 08:54 PM
....AND SO IT GOES......( sigh )..........

fleabones3
07-12-2009, 11:53 PM
well we asked didnt we LOL..

Melt, I know that everyone on here has been throwing in our opinions. Its just hard for us to accept what he did and understand why you went after him. You did what you thought you had to do, and hopefully it works out for you. I hope you arent setting yourself up for more heartache rather its now or later. If he was that unhappy, he could have told you how he felt at home and either stayed or got a apartment, not take all the money and take off to another state, especially a state that is SEVERAL states from where you live without so much as a KMIA.
again, its your life, your marriage and none of our opinions really matter anyway. but it seems there is more to his story than what he is telling you

SurferGirl
07-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Sorry to worry everyone. I did talk to sis on the phone. They all had the # here, I told them I would be gone a couple of weeks.

Sorry again to worry everyone. I will be home soon and then I can talk more. It's so nice to know I have so many friends.

DH I think was having a mid-life crisis. Go figure! I thought I would be the first to snap lol. We have been talking things out. And he knows he was Wrong! He was right about alot of the things he was upset about, but wrong how he handled it.

I'm just glad that you are alright. I really hope things do work out for you but just in case they don't, remember that you have a nice son and grand baby and a really nice sister and lots of friends on the board that like you just the way you are. Enjoy your time with the hubby and your relatives and you need to get back and see them more often. Everyone deserves a vacation.

Mini
07-13-2009, 12:18 PM
I dont think any of us knows the WHOLE story we only know what people put in the posts..whos to know whats real and whats not(that goes for ANY thread on this board) All I can say is that something is definately missing and whether Mel wants to post the missing pieces is her decision but from what ive heard so far nothing makes sense to me.

And btw Surfergirl no offense towards you by any means but this wasnt suppose to be a vacation for her that makes it seem like this was all planned and she went down there to have fun. Since when is chasing down your hubby to get him back a fun relaxing time?(that is what you do on a vacation correct)

pepperpot
07-13-2009, 12:27 PM
If they did come to a 'meeting of the minds' when she got there....what's so wrong with enjoying the relatives, atmosphere, etc...and possibly 'rekindling'? 'regrouping'? 'reconnecting'? (especially when they are so far from home) They may actually benefit....:shrug

If when she left she intended to stay away for at least 2 weeks (which I think was stated early on) why should she rush home if she's/they're 'enjoying' herself/themselves? Perhaps they need this time....to be 'away' from it all...

fairydana
07-13-2009, 12:41 PM
What blows my mind the most about this is, do neither of them have responsibilities? Like a job, House payments, bills? How can people just up and leave? Not even packing their belongings? What about the dogs? Where are they?

I tried to not post this but it bothers me, so I had to ask.

Blast away!!

SurferGirl
07-13-2009, 06:17 PM
I dont think any of us knows the WHOLE story we only know what people put in the posts..whos to know whats real and whats not(that goes for ANY thread on this board) All I can say is that something is definately missing and whether Mel wants to post the missing pieces is her decision but from what ive heard so far nothing makes sense to me.

And btw Surfergirl no offense towards you by any means but this wasnt suppose to be a vacation for her that makes it seem like this was all planned and she went down there to have fun. Since when is chasing down your hubby to get him back a fun relaxing time?(that is what you do on a vacation correct)

Actually when I said everyone deserves a vacation I was referring to the fact she said she hadn't seen some family members for 13 years. I think I did make a comment about her getting back to see them more often before I mentioned the vacation. I'm not going to judge her at all and I don't think she owes anyone an explanation except maybe her sister and her son.

Everyone if I don't post for a week or so don't worry, it's summer and I have many activities planned.

ElleGee
07-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Everyone if I don't post for a week or so don't worry,

We won't :wavey:

IthinkNOT!
07-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Actually when I said everyone deserves a vacation I was referring to the fact she said she hadn't seen some family members for 13 years. I think I did make a comment about her getting back to see them more often before I mentioned the vacation. I'm not going to judge her at all and I don't think she owes anyone an explanation except maybe her sister and her son.

Everyone if I don't post for a week or so don't worry, it's summer and I have many activities planned.

Have a great time, take as long as you need!

babygirl08
07-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Well to set the record straight i did not have a phone number to contact her only e-mail address and yes everyone needs a vacation but i think you got to have a job to go on vacation not take bill and motgage payment money and go on vacation i do understand he probly did miss his family but when you don't have the money to be going across the country site!! Oh well i talked to meltodd for the first time sunday afternoon when i was getting ready to go to my boyfriends house and she said they would both be home in a week or so. Just hope she knows how much i do love her and will help her in any way i can that is my sister and blood is thicker than water!!!

galeane29
07-14-2009, 05:07 AM
We won't :wavey:
Wow it just amazes me on how rude you and others can be. Is it really necessary to be hateful?

galeane29
07-14-2009, 05:08 AM
Have a great time, take as long as you need!

You guys just don't let up do you? What do you have to gain by being rude and heartless?

NasCat
07-14-2009, 08:10 AM
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc175/April2345/385.gif