PDA

View Full Version : I'm counting down the days...

missteena
06-24-2009, 07:44 PM
So....long story short we are in the process of closing on a house. They are saying within a week. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Anyways...the apartment complex we are in is a JOKE! They've gotten lazier and lazier with maintenance, they've violated the leasing terms on several different occasions and now the door to our mailbox fell off so guess what? We won't get mail anymore. We have to make a nice little trip to the post office everyday to pick up our flippin' mail because they can't spend a little money and replace the ancient mailbox that's in the hallway.

GAH! How aggravating. I can't WAIT to move out....they are saying closing is next week Tuesday or Wednesday....trust me it couldn't come fast enough.

meltodd69
06-24-2009, 07:59 PM
The headache will be gone soon!

Now run over and post in the neener neener. You bought a house WTG!! Congrats!

Dang your in Ohio? I would have sold you my house. It has a rental too.

ilovecats
06-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Crossing my fingers for you!That must be so cool,good luck!

pepperpot
06-24-2009, 08:06 PM
New houses are always exciting...:)....congrats & good luck....

missteena
06-25-2009, 08:47 PM
The headache will be gone soon!

Now run over and post in the neener neener. You bought a house WTG!! Congrats!

I don't think it's quite something to brag about yet. We have a lot of work ahead of us. Painting and recarpeting and whatnot. I'm sure the headache has just begun.

fairydana
06-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Congratulations anyways.

Airbuswife
06-25-2009, 09:52 PM
congrats on the new house! :) being a landlord and buying many houses i have a little advice for you. pay attention to the water lines (how long was the house empty before sold? perhaps some broke during winter if it was empty) also electric lines and outlets, are they all up to code? any noticable mold or leaks? If all the "backstage" things are fine, then carpet and painting will be a breeze! owning your own home is an awesome feeling! i'm happy for you! :)

ElleGee
06-26-2009, 07:27 AM
OMG I know how you feel.. We had to wait until the end of an open house to put an offer in . We were hoping that no one else was interested. We closed in May and didn't move in until the end of August. The wait was the hardest part.

Congrats on the new house. It's a wonderful feeling not renting anymore.

missteena
06-26-2009, 08:23 AM
congrats on the new house! :) being a landlord and buying many houses i have a little advice for you. pay attention to the water lines (how long was the house empty before sold? perhaps some broke during winter if it was empty) also electric lines and outlets, are they all up to code? any noticable mold or leaks? If all the "backstage" things are fine, then carpet and painting will be a breeze! owning your own home is an awesome feeling! i'm happy for you! :)

We actually had the house inspected so all that stuff has been looked into for us. It's not the painting that will be the hard part, it's ripping all the wallpaper down! There must have been a special on it somewhere because it's EVERYWHERE!

OMG I know how you feel.. We had to wait until the end of an open house to put an offer in . We were hoping that no one else was interested. We closed in May and didn't move in until the end of August. The wait was the hardest part.

Congrats on the new house. It's a wonderful feeling not renting anymore.

Whoa! What took so long for you to move in after closing? I am just getting antsy because today we set closing for Wednesday @ 4. The next few days are going to be the longest ones EVER. And I know Tuesday night I will not be able to sleep.

ElleGee
06-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Whoa! What took so long for you to move in after closing? I am just getting antsy because today we set closing for Wednesday @ 4. The next few days are going to be the longest ones EVER. And I know Tuesday night I will not be able to sleep.

The previous owners were trying to close on this one and close on their new one at the same time. So they paid us rent until they got their new house.. At that point we didn't care b/c the house was ours, but we were like 'hurry up and get out so we can move in" in our heads and not out loud b/c we aren't that rude ...

Shann
06-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Congrats on the house, I hope you're able to close soon, that would be annoying to me.

LOL maybe the previous owners of your house are friends w/ the previous owners of our house b/c they LOVED wallpaper. I don't ever want wallpaper in any house I own.. what a PITA to take that crap down.

missteena
06-26-2009, 08:34 PM
The previous owners were trying to close on this one and close on their new one at the same time. So they paid us rent until they got their new house.. At that point we didn't care b/c the house was ours, but we were like 'hurry up and get out so we can move in" in our heads and not out loud b/c we aren't that rude ...

Oh my goodness I would have gone CRAZY!!!! I think it's already bad enough I have to wait until Wednesday. LOL!

Congrats on the house, I hope you're able to close soon, that would be annoying to me.

LOL maybe the previous owners of your house are friends w/ the previous owners of our house b/c they LOVED wallpaper. I don't ever want wallpaper in any house I own.. what a PITA to take that crap down.

Yeah we set it up for Wednesday at 4 so as long as everything runs smoothly we can take possession and start moving stuff over there. Unfortunately that means 4th of July weekend will be spent moving.

Yeah I am not sure whose bright idea it was to put in ALLLLLL that wallpaper but I wish I could kick them.

YankeeMary
06-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh my goodness I would have gone CRAZY!!!! I think it's already bad enough I have to wait until Wednesday. LOL!

Yeah we set it up for Wednesday at 4 so as long as everything runs smoothly we can take possession and start moving stuff over there. Unfortunately that means 4th of July weekend will be spent moving.

Yeah I am not sure whose bright idea it was to put in ALLLLLL that wallpaper but I wish I could kick them.

I am sure you know this but I feel I have to say it anyways. On the way to the closing have your realtor meet you at the new house and do a walk through. You would be surprised what people will do.

I am so excited for you. Just the waiting to get it all over with so it is yours is so thrilling. I know you are just dying to get in there and get busy.

missteena
06-27-2009, 06:10 AM
I am sure you know this but I feel I have to say it anyways. On the way to the closing have your realtor meet you at the new house and do a walk through. You would be surprised what people will do.

I am so excited for you. Just the waiting to get it all over with so it is yours is so thrilling. I know you are just dying to get in there and get busy.

Yeah my realtor had already mentioned that to me. But thanks for a reminder!

I am actually trying to map out in my head all the things I want to do...LOL. It's going to be a process...but fun too.

Mary Jo
06-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Closing on a house is never easy but it's almost over.
Congratulations on your new house and good luck.