PDA

View Full Version : What a day!

meltodd69
06-19-2009, 03:16 PM
I think DH is gonna be arrested for murder lol. JK

Someone hit his truck again and drove off.

1st time it was hit was when we just bought it. It still had the temp. tag on it. DH drove around for weeks looking for anyone with a certain color of truck. Of course our insurance took care of it and fixed his truck. Never did find the ARSE.

2nd time it was hit was when I was driving. I was in McD's drive-thru and this drunk guy rear-ended me. Our cops are not trained in DUI detection so he let him go. I'm not making that up, that is what the cop told me. And IHO he was not Drunk enough. WTF is that! Isn't Buzzed driving, Drunk Driving? I filed a complaint with the police station, but never heard a word. Plus the guy gave the cop false information. Never knew that it wasn't illegal to lie to a cop.

Well yesterday DH was at work and this OLD guy, yes OLD he is 88, back out of his driveway and hit DH's truck. Smashed the passengers side in. Drove off and didn't say a word. He is scared he might lose his license, which he should. He lives with this other guy and that guy came out today and told DH. OMG DH's blood is boiling. DH called the cops and they went with DH to question the guy. First thing the old guy says "that's not the truck I hit". LMAO there is more than one? This guys car is all banged up, all 4 corners, so there could be more than one. Headlight hanging out, and the old guy swears he has never been in an accident in his life. Maybe he just hasn't been caught. Oh yeah and he used to be chief of police lol. That is what he told the cop, and it might be true because No ticket for him, for hit and run. So I'm taking it that it is not against the law here to just drive off when you hit someone.

So it's not against the law to drink and drive. Not against the law to hit and run. You don't have to have insurance, and you can lie to a cop anytime you feel like it. The cops don't have to do their jobs and still get paid. :getyou

But lord forbid you forget to use your turn signal, or let your license plate light go out. That is BIG TIME around here.

I think these cops have been watching our politicians get paid for nothing and finally joined the bandwagon.

So we call our insurance company. DH's truck even though it is a 99 has less than 40,000 miles on it. No rust, no bondo. DH takes better care of that truck than himself, just like a guy lol. Our insurance lady did some calling and found out the guy does have insurance. The paper he gave us expired in 97! Our insurance told us to go get an estimate, and his insurance will pay. Thank-goodness, we are broke and now the trucks door won't open or close right. Oh yeah and it just poured down rain and guess what. Yip, rain in the truck!

I just want to run away today! My car had a flat. DH's truck gets hit. Our tenents stove went out. Looks like it was trying to catch fire. Lord please take me now!!!

OK I'm done venting, now I will go and cry.

WendyLou75
06-19-2009, 07:07 PM
I know this all sucks, but I did get a good chuckle out of it because you are blessed with a wonderful sense of humor! :) Thanks for the smile! And best of luck to you!

Anniston
06-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Oh, man. To make you feel better, I think you have a gift for the written word. I felt bad for you..but your post was so well written.

Sorry about all your husband has gone through with the damage to the truck. And if he needs bail money for attempted murder charges, I am in for $10.

krisharry
06-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Hope things calm down for you and you have no more adventures w/the truck. Just in case, I'm in for $10 too.