PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy Pain..

june5917
06-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Im 7 months pregnant, and ive been having such bad upper back pain and rib pain its not even funny. Its hard to describe. Kinda like some one is ripping my insides out.And it feels like i have a 400 pound man sitting on my chest. :( Ive seen the doctor a million times for it and he just keeps telling me its heart burn and indigestion. Ive changed my diet and it is still not getting any better. This last time, the pain has lasted for over 3 days. Throwing up and everything. Has anyone else ever experienced this??

The_Kinzzy
06-17-2009, 06:45 PM
I can understand some of your pain. I know when I was pregnant it felt like they were in your chest more then down in your belly. You just feel like trying to push them down some so you can breath,lol. When actually it's not them, it's them pushing all of your insides up. I pretty much just dealt with it. Try to find a comfortable position, I would sleep on my side that would help a little. But I would say if you really think that something is wrong and it's not feeling write then find a doctor that will actually listen to you when you tell them what's going on. Is this your first?

prcsanglas
06-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes I have dealt with it dear and it sucks. I kept soft chew rolaids on hand at all times because I never knew when the pain would start and they help to calm the ingestion and upset stomach. My son decided he didn't want to turn until he was 8 months so he was always in my ribs and the most comfortable position I found was to prop myself in bed with 2-3 pillows behind me and lean into them back first. It's hard to explain but like a lounge position, I found it to work best and actualy fell asleep like that a few times. I hope this helps. Remember though no one knows your body better than you do.

VenuStar
06-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Im 7 months pregnant, and ive been having such bad upper back pain and rib pain its not even funny. Its hard to describe. Kinda like some one is ripping my insides out.And it feels like i have a 400 pound man sitting on my chest. :( Ive seen the doctor a million times for it and he just keeps telling me its heart burn and indigestion. Ive changed my diet and it is still not getting any better. This last time, the pain has lasted for over 3 days. Throwing up and everything. Has anyone else ever experienced this??

GET CHECKED FOR GALLSTONES!!!! I was 20 and had them with my first pregnancy and so did my sister at 19. We both had those symptoms but b/c I was finally diagnosed after pregnancy...she knew when she had the symptoms what was going on....drs kept telling us too that it was severe heartburn.

galeane29
06-18-2009, 04:25 AM
I had indigestion and acid reflux through my entire last pregnancy. I carried antacids with me all the time, liquid was the best. Oh the joys of pregnancy.....lol

Unicornmom77
06-18-2009, 05:42 AM
I am sorry you are in so much pain! I had lots of different pains... hang in there! I will say a prayer for you.

cathych
06-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Most women who have been pregnant have had this kind of pain, it always happens at the end of your pregnancy when the baby is just so big it is pushing your internal organs out of whack. Taking too many rolaids can lead to kidney stones. One of the things I used to do which was a temporary relief (nothing will really help until that baby gets out of there) is to get down on all fours. My lamaze teacher told us about this; it gets that baby weight off your chest.

krisharry
06-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Oh yes, I have BTDT, so sorry for your pain. I agree w/the antacids and also what helped me was to rub icyhot balm on my chest and back , I don't know why but it really helped me. Hope you find something that works for you.

STARLIGHT
06-18-2009, 02:19 PM
I have to say this and I have no idea why it helped me, but I took hot baths and it seemed help the GAS bubbles moves to where I could BURP. I had this problem a lot.I took 4-5 bathes a day. But it reallly helped. be sure to make it a full bath,so the water rises over your tummy.yes, Iknow the word burped is disgusting, but I would have done damn near anything for some relief!!!!

dinosmom
06-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Sorry you are feeling so bad! When I was pg with my DS, he was always up high. I swore he was going to come out thru my throat! It was AWFUL and I could never get comfortable. He spread out my ribs too. I look like a darn weightlifter with a puffed out chest! For the indigestion I too got down on all fours and that was the way I found some relief.

HUGS and hang in there girl. It will soon be over and worth it. :)

prcsanglas
06-18-2009, 04:22 PM
That's true too. After my son was born i June they found them in August and I had to have surgery.

GET CHECKED FOR GALLSTONES!!!! I was 20 and had them with my first pregnancy and so did my sister at 19. We both had those symptoms but b/c I was finally diagnosed after pregnancy...she knew when she had the symptoms what was going on....drs kept telling us too that it was severe heartburn.

cpbaby
06-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I 10000000% agree with this! When I read your post, that is what I thought of immediately. You can get a blood test for gallstones, or if you are scheduled for another u/s, ask the dr to have your gallbladder checked out at the same time. If they are already doing an u/s, they will just have to move up a bit to check your gallbladder.