PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Work

Mary Jo
06-17-2009, 02:28 PM
I got laid off a couple of weeks ago and am working harder than ever being unemployed. This really sucks.
I am spending hours on the phone or internet with unemployment.
It's friggin 100 degrees outside and I have to go to some bank to roll over my measly IRA.
It's just too much work being unemployed.

WendyLou75
06-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Oh I feel ya on the work it takes to actually get through to someone at Unemployment... it takes a lot of work. I'm not sure what state you're in, but I got an email address for the woman who is over all of claims... let me know if you want it. :D She doesn't reply but she does send the emails to her claims managers and they DO reply in a very very timely manner...as in next day or within the hour. And they are so nice about it. I sent the email about not getting through and my case worker never answering, they replied almost immediately and had someone call me the next morning who helped. It was quickly resolved.

And perhaps I shouldn't be saying this, but at least you have a "measly IRA"- I don't even have 401K...well I do now with the new job but you know what I mean?
I live paycheck to paycheck and have for the last several years. (I.E. at least 10 years.) I am hopeful with this new job that I will finally get even a little bit ahead so I can start saving. I have no savings either.

Things will get better, you just have to be positive.

I got laid off a couple of weeks ago and am working harder than ever being unemployed. This really sucks.
I am spending hours on the phone or internet with unemployment.
It's friggin 100 degrees outside and I have to go to some bank to roll over my measly IRA.
It's just too much work being unemployed.

jasmine
06-17-2009, 04:09 PM
It's too much work to be un-employed?
not to be rude but, aawwweee, you have to go outside, into your car, drive, and then out and walk into a bank. hhhmmmm, on the phone, on the computer/prob. from the comfort of your own home.... shame.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's work what your doing, but my DH calls bullsh!t, it's over 100 today with the heat index, he's outside today for 10 hours, everyday actually, no air conditioner working his arse off, and when I worked, it was an outside job also, froze my feet and fingers off, and sweat my a$$ off.
I hope you find a job soon/and get things figured out.

Mary Jo
06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
ok, Jasmine, it was a lame vent but at least when I worked I got to go home at the end of the day. It really isn't easy trying to figure out how bills are going to be paid, what I can afford to eat, whether I can afford to run AC, etc. There's just too much work involved in being unemployed and you don't get paid for it.

nosamiam
06-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Nothing like being kicked when you are down! I hope every thing works out for you. Good Luck!

gmyers
06-17-2009, 07:00 PM
I understand what you're saying. Stress can be more exhausting than working sometimes. I hope things get better for ya'll.

BeanieLuvR
06-17-2009, 10:51 PM
(((Mary Jo))) I'm sorry you are having to go through that. Having to decide what you can afford to eat or what bills you can pay has to be really hard. :( It makes me see that even though our income has been cut in more than half we at least still have an income. You have every right to vent. I'm praying you find a new job soon. :hug