PDA

View Full Version : PayPal! I'm so mad I could spit

EMSnurse
06-12-2009, 07:58 PM
I have been a PayPal member for over 10 years, have a biz premier account with check card and mutual fund account. I have nver had any problem with them. I recently felt that my regular job was in danger of evaporating, so I ramped up my eBay selling alot, trying to see if I could replace my salary with the earnings just in case. One of the items I sold several of was a high priced item and the supplier needed paid by Western Union, which is common with international wholesalers. I moved several thousand dollars through the account in about three days. I sold some items to be drop shipped, and some that I ordered and paid for up front. I got an email from PP telling me that they were putting a hold on my account due to "recent suspicious activity". I guess they think I now belong to the mafia or something. Two transfers of money through the account were just that, cash transfers, but PP is insisting I provide them with tracking numbers to prove the items shipped. I have emailed three times to tell them there were no items involved, but all I get is an autoresponder that says I need to provide tracking numbers. Because my account is on hold, I can't pay the dropshippers to send out other items I sold, and now I risk my entire hard-earned eBay reputation going down the crapper. I am busting my hump now working extra little jobs to try to get the cash together to pay the drop shippers when I shouldn't have to do that. GRRRRR!!!!

jasmine
06-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I thought there was a warning on ebay to never do business with western union because it couldn't be tracked or something like that?

dangerousfem
06-12-2009, 08:10 PM
you will get better help if you call them instead of emailing...
emailing will just give you form letter emails over and over.. I have never had any luck with emailing... but have always had my problems fixed when I called them

baragabrat
06-13-2009, 05:03 AM
The more posts I read like this, the more I am glad I don't have PayPal. Most of you probably don't have any problems but there are just enough of you that I steer clear. I always appreciate folks sharing their experiences such as this. It's unfortunate and I am sorry that you're having to deal with this, EMSnurse.

tsquared
06-13-2009, 05:29 AM
You need to call paypal instead of emailing them as stated above.

whatever
06-13-2009, 08:00 PM
I thought there was a warning on ebay to never do business with western union because it couldn't be tracked or something like that?

Yeah I am with you. I didn't think Ebay was In "favor" in wesern Union transfers. And maybe that is what threw Up "red flags" at PP?
But calling is SOOOO much more help. I have been there. Emailing them gets you NOWHERE!

Heidi
06-13-2009, 09:17 PM
I also think it's against eBay's policies to drop ship. Non the less I hope you get everything straightened out.

Urban Cowgirl
06-14-2009, 01:37 PM
What is drop shipping?

Hope you get things worked out!

Heidi
06-15-2009, 09:46 AM
What is drop shipping?

Hope you get things worked out!

It's where you sell items, but don't actually have the inventory on hand. Once you sell something on eBay per say you order it from the company and the company sends it to the buyer. You are basically a middle man.

EMSnurse
06-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Actually, eBay provides a list of approved dropshippers, which are the ones I use. The WU transaction had nothing to do with eBay, it was just cash I sent to someone who didn't have a PP account and needed it right away. It's my money and I can give it to anyone I choose, as far as I know. If I can't wire money to a friend in need without having a hold put on my account, well, that's just plain wrong. I did receive a normal email from PP telling me that they would review the cash transactions and make a decision (WHAT!?) and get back to me. I would love to find another type of account to use, but eBay makes it almost impossible to not use PP. If anyone can suggest other account types to look into, I'm more than open to suggestions.

dangerousfem
06-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Give them a call.. they will remove it and restore your account way faster than waiting one the workers who handle email requests.