PDA

View Full Version : A BIG, BIG Vent

Mary Jo
06-11-2009, 08:25 PM
A week ago I lost my job.
Today I get my gas bill which I always pay. It's for $700. So I call and talk to them and they say it's what I owe for my other place. WTF!
It turns out that my ex, we were divorced almost 10 years ago, had service in my name and didn't pay.
So I ask them what I have to do to get this straightened out. I had to gather 4 years of various bills in my name only and take them downtown to their office.
When I get there with all this old paperwork the lady says I have the wrong stuff and need all this other stuff. So I go home gather up things like the official divorce papers, a quit-claim deed from him on the house, etc. and make yet another trip downtown. They wouldn't give me any paperwork to document that it had been taken care but they did say it would show in my next bill that they removed those charges.
I guess I'll just have to have faith that the charges are actually removed from my account.
What a gd, mfing dickweed!

Quaker_Parrots
06-11-2009, 08:41 PM
I would get the info from the utility company and see if you can persue Identity theft/ fraud charges on him. You also need to check your credit report and see what else he might have charged in your name.

What he did is clearly illegal and should be punished for it.

Mary Jo
06-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Utility won't file identity theft charges.
I can do it through state Attorney General but I doubt they'll do too much. Basically they only really go after the really big buck identity thieves. They're not too keen on doing stuff like that when a family (or in this case ex-family) member is involved. I will, however, file a report with them just so it's on the record.
At this point I'm just grateful that I don't have to pay his bill. They did ask where they could find him but I honestly don't know.

iluvmybaby
06-11-2009, 09:36 PM
I would contact the police department and try to press charges and try to get identity theft charges pressed against him. If this doesnt work, call your local news station and bring this situation to their attention, they are handling a lot of human interest stories in todays financial crisies

fleabones3
06-11-2009, 10:01 PM
OMG what a jerk and a pain in the a$$ for you. I am surprised you had 4 yrs worth of old gas bills tho.

Mary Jo
06-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Good thing my shredder broke.

whatever
06-12-2009, 12:29 PM
I would contact the police department and try to press charges and try to get identity theft charges pressed against him. If this doesnt work, call your local news station and bring this situation to their attention, they are handling a lot of human interest stories in todays financial crisies

You bet your ass I would!! Because its still Identity THEFT and nowadays they take that seriously. Because if he is doing that god only knows what else he used you ss# for. I agree I would do a credit check ASAP!!

cpbaby
06-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Good Lord! Did you ask them WHY it took so long to "find" you? I mean, really now, they knew where you were, there was no reason for them to let that bill get so large before coming after you for it. People amaze me sometimes!