PDA

View Full Version : Filing a complaint (telemarketer)

Explorer 4x4'r
06-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I remember reading or hearing somewhere that if you file a complaint for calls made to your home, you can be compensated.
I have repeatedly asked them to remove my number and not to call.
Got another one today and when I told her that I repeatedly made this request, she says "Really".
The call isn't even for me; it's for my daughter's boyfriend. They must have used me as a contact info for something.
I gave these callers his contact info, but they still call me.
:getyou:getyou:getyou:getyou:getyou

I can't seem to find info where you get compensated anywhere.

Has anyone done this? And been paid?

meltodd69
06-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Nope Sorry can't help.
It is annoying when they call. I get them for my FIL and he has never stepped foot, in what you would call Yankee Land lol. They swear they just spoke to him here.

whatever
06-09-2009, 01:07 PM
https://www.donotcall.gov/
On that link you can file a complaint etc.......

CLARKS4
06-09-2009, 04:20 PM
We have had our home phone for five years. The same number. We still get calls from the previous people that had this number. They usually are bill collectors. We have told them time and time again that they no longer have this number but they dont listen. GRR

freeby4me
06-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Paying the price of caller ID might be worth it for your sanity. I hate companies like that.

ElleGee
06-09-2009, 05:00 PM
If they used your number as a contact info number then you need to take it up with them.. As far as the telemarketer knows "you" have business with them because of your daughter and her boyfriend, and that is how they get around the DNC list

Quaker_Parrots
06-09-2009, 06:30 PM
What has worked for me in the past is get nasty with them and tell them if they call one more time you will call the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and report them for harrassment.

ttistin
06-09-2009, 06:51 PM
my son gets calls on his cell phone all the time. the latest one is for health care, they need him to call them back and give them his person information. I wonder if telling them he is 10 would make a difference? LOL