PDA

View Full Version : Gift Cards - Shipping Time

smdemo
06-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Does anyone here get the gift cards through the shopping spree? I've seen so many people say how quickly items are delivered that are won through the auctions and how its so far in advance of the shipping times they give.

I've been able to win a few gift cards on the shopping spree and was wondering how close to the 10-12 week timeframe they actually send them.

Thanks
Steve

Apollo08
06-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Does anyone here get the gift cards through the shopping spree? I've seen so many people say how quickly items are delivered that are won through the auctions and how its so far in advance of the shipping times they give.

I've been able to win a few gift cards on the shopping spree and was wondering how close to the 10-12 week timeframe they actually send them.

Some come faster than others. I get most withing 4-6 weeks. One or two usually come every week, but I have got as many as 5 or 6 some weeks. I don't know what their method is of sending them out, but I always get the ones that I win. It has always been so easy to win the ones that I want. Sometimes they don't have any that I want and sometimes I'm not at home or forget about the sprees. I do know that some members have had to wait a lot longer for the prizes they win in the auctions. They probably have to order them and it takes longer for them to get them, then they have to ship the prizes to the winners. They don't offer much that I care about in the auctions and you have to spend a lot more points than the prizes are worth. I have only won 3 prizes in the auctions in 5 years of playing, but got them at a lower amount of points than what I could have bought them for.

I never enter their sweepstakes and have never seen anyone post that they won one. They don't even show the winners in the winner's list. It makes me wonder even if they give those prizes away.

Eddie
06-05-2009, 09:58 PM
I never enter their sweepstakes and have never seen anyone post that they won one. They don't even show the winners in the winner's list. It makes me wonder even if they give those prizes away.

Actually, you are automatically entered into a sweepstakes after you complete a trivia game and after completing a weekly movie surveys. But they do offer shopping spree sweepstakes that require you to give a certain about of points to get a sweepstake entry. I never enter them since i will most likely not win and I usually same but points to use in the auctions. Right now I have over 9 million points.

Right I have 72 sweepstake entries with going any of points...

Apollo08
06-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Actually, you are automatically entered into a sweepstakes after you complete a trivia game and after completing a weekly movie surveys. But they do offer shopping spree sweepstakes that require you to give a certain about of points to get a sweepstake entry. I never enter them since i will most likely not win and I usually same but points to use in the auctions. Right now I have over 9 million points.

Right I have 72 sweepstake entries with going any of points...

I know about the automatic entries. It shows that I have 83 free total Sweepstakes entries after playing Friday's games. I'm not gonna spend any points on the sweeps either. I know a couple of people who each spent over 2 million points entering and didn't win a thing. RTV did have a $50-A-Day free contest. My mom won it once. I have a friend who won 10 free movie tickets in the free movie sweeps. You should be able to get something nice with your points in the auctions.