PDA

View Full Version : postage due on ebay

jasmine
06-04-2009, 01:45 PM
I have posted this question on ebay, I included the one answer that I have gotten so far. Any other suggestions would be great.

__________________________________________________ _
I bought an item, it was with free shipping. So I got it at the post office, and it was 95 cents postage due. I contacted the seller about it, she threw a nasty email at me. But she did state that she would either reimburse me or credit it to another item if I wanted to buy something else from her. I said no, Just reimbursing me the 95 cents would be fine. Then I get another email stating that she would NOT, that I would have to send the item back and she would reimburse me for the whole thing.?? I told her no, since my son is already playing with it, and since she told me that she had no prob. reimbursing me.
She is starting to be nasty about it whenever I ask her to send me my 95 cents. I have saved every email correspondence with her.
What do I do?

RESPONSE:
I don't think there is anything you can do now that you have accepted the pkg and paid the postage due.

Seller should have reimbursed you, but it is pretty clear she is disinclined.

Personally, I would let it go, and never purchase from her again.

If you leave neg FB over this you wouldn't be wrong, but it will be there for others to see.

I guess we all need to pick our battles carefully.
__________________________________________________ ___

I know it's only a measly 95 cents, but come one!! It's only fair!!
I even took a picture of the envelope and reciept for proof of postage due, and offered to email her a picture of it.

freeby4me
06-04-2009, 02:15 PM
I'd risk it and leave a negative feedback. Others should be told what she'll try and pull.

Quaker_Parrots
06-04-2009, 02:19 PM
If you leave a negative for her, I dont believe she can leave one for you with eBays new rules. I would definately leave a negative, then I would report her to ebay for not following the terms of the auction.

madie
06-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Think I would leave the negative feedback too - I wish they would do something about the way it's done, you should not be able to leave retalitory feedback and there should be some kind of guarantee. If you had not paid the postage you would have had to wait for Lord knows how long and then what, did you pay insurance? Did she have had proof she mailed it?

I have run across where things weren't what they were suppose to be - you pay $5 shipping, pay to send it back to get your $10 back on the item - you are out the shipping both ways because they described in wrong???

I just don't shop ebay as much anymore because of it - you would like to think everyone is basically honest but that is not always the case and I can't afford to throw my money away.

Good luck - wish there was a better solution.

Shann
06-04-2009, 03:40 PM
I agree w/ the others, leave a negative and then turn her into ebay.

Heidi
06-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Leave a neutral, not a negative. That way others know about it, but it's won't really hurt her feeback rating. Yah it sucks you had to pay $.95 but really is $.95 that big of a deal?

cathych
06-04-2009, 06:25 PM
so what if you hurt her feedback rating? Its her own fault. She could have at least been nice about it. Think about it, if it was a store in your town, what kind of feedback would you give to others?

Jenefer3
06-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Honestly, with as much stress, time and aggravation as you've going through, I would just say heck with the whole thing. I'd just be happy with the price that I got, that it came in good enough shape for my son to play with, and that my son was happy with it, but that's just me.

ilovecats
06-04-2009, 07:29 PM
I agree with those who said report it and leave bad rep.It may only be $.95,but it was supposed to be free.Maybe she could have got it from another ebayer for $.50 and chose this one because the shipping was free.At the very least I would leave a negative,she changed the terms of sale and then had the nerve to get *****y about it.I would like to be warned before I bought from this person.

iluvmybaby
06-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Every $1 I have is precious, I would leave a nuetral for her being nasty, just saying poor communication

Anniston
06-04-2009, 08:04 PM
If you sell on Ebay, be sure that you make sure that she has not already offered feedback on you, otherwise, she may offer negative for you, therefore hampering your future rep there.

I ordered decals one time from an Ebay seller, and they arrived white instead of the promised orange. I left negative feedback, and he left a very nasty feedback about me as a buyer.

momogod
06-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers (been that way since some time last year!). She won't be able to retaliate if you do leave a negative.

anothersta
06-05-2009, 01:21 AM
The first mistake you made was accepting the package and paying the .95, but I do understand it may've been something you really wanted and who would think a seller would say free shipping, then not put enough shipping on it?

I've been shopping on ebay for 15 years. Here's what I would do.

I would email the seller and DON'T threaten to leave negative feedback 'cause you could get in trouble for making threats. But, I WOULD say in the email that if she chooses not to reimburse my .95, I will feel compelled to leave APPROPRIATE feedback. That isn't a threat in ebay's eyes and she'll know what you mean.

Then, I'd give her 24 hours to make the reimbursment. I hope you paid with paypal.

After 24 hours, I'd leave the neg (she can't neg you back), then I'd toot over to paypal and file a claim stating that she offered free shipping, but you had to pay additional .95 to PO and you want that .95 back. 50/50 chance on whether you get it, but paypal has surprised me. Seller might also just refund upon the notice of the claim.

If paypal says you have to send package back, just let the claim drop off and keep the item if you want. Sometimes, they refund you.

I had a seller state priority shipping, charged for it, then sent the package first class for 1.50 cheaper. Refused to refund, I filed a claim and won my 1.50 via paypal.

Be sure to leave her ALL ONES on the stars when you leave that neg, those stars matter and ebay will restrict a seller if they get too low.

EDITED to add: When you leave your neg, DON'T mention the paypal claim in it. That's against the rules and ebay might remove the feedback. You don't want that to happen. Leave that feedback for all to see.

jasmine
06-05-2009, 01:24 PM
This is a Penny auction free shipping! A nice cute handkerchief for the Thomas fan. Roll it up and let your little one use it around the neck link the real engineers in times past. in good used condition this is not perfect but acceptable for play. A Gullane Thomas Limited 2004 collectible.

Shipping will be free as promised. Thanks for looking. Please check my other Thomas items being offered. I will combine shipping!

ok, this is what it all sums up to, the above quote is from the page of her auction it's self. She PROMISED FREE SHIPPING. The auction started at a penny, I got it for $2.25~~great deal, I know. But my whole point was, you can't go around doing this, advertising FREE shipping, and have what happened to me. To some it was a mesely 95 cents, I consider it the whole principle of the matter.

this is also a quote from one of her emails to me about the whole thing.

Well I don't have a problem reimbursing you. Also, I have been dragging my feet but I am going to list more thomas stuff and most boy clothes size 4 5 and 6 and some 7. I am more than happy to provide also credit if you decided to bid on any other item of interest to you. Just let me know.

I'm glad you told me, it is so easy for me to use stamps but it really isn't the best way it seems.

I appreciate the interest and actually enjoy seeing stuff get bid on. I started with ebay out of necessity when my husband became disabled and now I just do it to keep busy. I have however struggled with usps, and that is where it takes the fun out of it. I think I am only going to mostly offer flat rate box so people can bid and pay one shipping price till the box is full of stuff. Sounds like it would make more sense. Thanks for communicating with me!

and another

It had more than one stamp on it. I have been shipping for years now and had worked for the postal service. I am wondering how the other stamp came off. Even then I would have been short it seem based on their calculations. They claim a 1.9 billion dollar loss, but they continue to hike the rates over and over. You should not have paid the extra postage and forced them to send it back to me. It cost them more money to try and squeeze $$ when they bounce the envelopes around. I sent another package out with stamps and let me tell you that box never arrived to it's destination not only did I have to refund the money they paid in total, I lost all the postage on the box which was near $3.50 media and I also lost the product inside the box that had a value of near $30.00 via Amazon. They don't have a system of label generation like ebay does. Even ebay doesn't have first class unless you send first class parcel which is what I should have done for your package because apparently they no longer accept anything other than a regular envelope as first class. When you go to the shipping calculator, you input 4 x 8 envelope non rigid item first class mail and it says .61 cents postage. THIS IS WHY TWO STAMPS SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUFFICIENT but I am used to having the postal service steal extra postage all the time. That is why I avoid the counter at all times and rely on the honesty of my buyers. Let me know what you would like for me to do.

and this~~ this one got me confused as to her previous email she said she had NO PROBLEM reimbursing me

I need you to return the hankie in the same envelope I sent and I will reinburse your auction amount. I told you it was not appropriate to have paid any additional postage and you should have refused the item. Send it back. I will refund. Thanks.

Anyway.

She emailed me back, saying that she would refund me the 95 cents, in a hateful email I add you about it.

I got the reimbursment from paypal~~
this is what she wrote:
Note from Seller: after my paypal fees, my ebay fees, and my postage, and one envelope. You kept my hankie which you refused to return, and I keep what I spent on. This is what is left. I am and was under no obligation to give you money for free.

She reimbursed me .45 cents....

I understand her frustration too, but I did have the picture of the envelope, and my reciept from the post office showing that it was a postage due of 95 cents.

I actually thought it odd to send back the whole item, and her give me $2.25, instead of just the 95 cents.

oh well, I should have just refused it, and will do so in the future.

I left her neutral feedback. Just simply put, thanks for the FREE SHIPPING
And checked the lowest star rating for the postage and handling section.

oh well.

anothersta
06-05-2009, 03:50 PM
You should have the option of refusing the refund from paypal or accepting it. If you refuse it to hold out for the .95, you could wind up with nothing. something to consider.

It may be a measly .95 to some, but NOT to me. I buy all kinds of stuff off ebay. I have probably done over 2000 transactions over the last 10 years (5 of those were last month ... and counting. I really want that little Pullip cosmo kid :)

If I were to accept even .25 mistakes from my sellers, it adds up. I've also sold on ebay for 12 years, so I know what it's like to be a seller.

I, personally, would've left a nice big fat RED neg for her, but it's a personal decision. The star ratings are most of what ebay looks at, so I'm glad you whopped those stars.

Good job! Now, email ebay and suggest that WE BUYERS want a 'no buy' list for sellers like they have for blocking our bids. I started written list, but it's so hard to keep track of. I wish there were a list on ebay that would warn me when there's a seller I want to avoid.

Those sellers can also change their ID's which leaves my written list useless.

Live and learn. Next time, refuse the package at the PO and let it get sent back to seller. Then go file a paypal claim saying 'package not recieved'. I understand the sellers frustration, but she STILL should've made you whole and she didn't. Like you said, can't change the past but CAN change the future. Let's be thankful it was only .50 you lost. I've seen people lose hundreds or thousands on ebay. Gotta be careful...

Glad you like the hanky! :)

anothersta
06-05-2009, 03:56 PM
As long as we're on the subject of ebay :)

Isn't this the cutest?! http://cgi.ebay.com/Jun-Planning-Little-Pullip-COSMIC-Mercu-vr-Doll-F-815_W0QQitemZ310143029439QQihZ021QQcategoryZ36546Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I ordered the froggy one from this seller. If I'm happy with that, I wanta get this one and a couple more.

I love ebay, I love Hong Kong and China!! Plus Japan, but they are pricey. They have the best dolls and textiles.

jasmine
06-05-2009, 04:24 PM
yes, I have ordered here some recently from china/hong kong, and they are actually pretty good products, you just have to wait a little longer for shipping/distance, but well worth it because a majority offer free shipping also.
I got a thomas the tank engine ball for 2.50 shipped, from china!
I love ebay also, I really do. And will continue to shop/ and sell.
I bought practically my whole christmas on ebay this past year. No tax, no traveling, and I found way much better deals!!
I got books, junk drive (a 16g. for like 4 bucks shipped), a playstation 2 with 16 games, 2 controllers, a remote, 3 memory cards for $130~~SHIPPED!! And so much more.

anothersta
06-05-2009, 04:44 PM
yes, I have ordered here some recently from china/hong kong, and they are actually pretty good products, you just have to wait a little longer for shipping/distance, but well worth it because a majority offer free shipping also.
I got a thomas the tank engine ball for 2.50 shipped, from china!
I love ebay also, I really do. And will continue to shop/ and sell.
I bought practically my whole christmas on ebay this past year. No tax, no traveling, and I found way much better deals!!
I got books, junk drive (a 16g. for like 4 bucks shipped), a playstation 2 with 16 games, 2 controllers, a remote, 3 memory cards for $130~~SHIPPED!! And so much more.

Cool! :)

jasmine
06-05-2009, 09:29 PM
OMG

what a b!tch, look what this lady just emailed me through ebay

Dear 918jasmine377,

it's not about loosing money, it's about giving some one something for free when they probably do not deserve it. I will continue to offer free shipping penny auctions when I feel like it because most people that win will be ecstatic. You being the exception. Learn a lesson, next time you are asked for extra postage refuse the item, don't be the martyr and annoy the seller with the pettyness of the situation. USPS is money hungry and I don't like to contribute to the mailman's $28 dollars an hour wage, while they nickle and dime us to ****en death. You had no right. I hope this will mean an end to our interactions.

so I just emailed her back with this comment~~

oh well
In the begining of all this you said you had no problem reimbursing me, or I could get a credit on something else you had up for auction. And now you are being a fillthy mouth about it all. And all along I had the proof of it. How dare you.
Your right, I should have refused, had it sent back to you, you pay the postage due, then paid to send it again, I'm sure that would have been cheaper for you in the long run.
You do not know how to handle your customers.

oh well, fark it, I'm done with this transaction

Heidi
06-06-2009, 11:30 AM
She must have been fired from the postal service that is why she's being so vindictive. What an idiot, how does stuffing a scarf in an envelope not make it rigid. Apparently she needs to take some customer service 101 lessons.

Quaker_Parrots
06-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Who is this seller so we can all block her on our abay accounts? I for one wouldnt do business with her

anothersta
06-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Who is this seller so we can all block her on our abay accounts? I for one wouldnt do business with her

As far as I know, you can only block her bidding. Nothing on ebay to alert us to sellers that are bad.

anothersta
06-06-2009, 12:59 PM
OMG

It's over, don't email her anymore (even if she emails you). If she does continue to email you, report her to ebay for harrassment.

Makes ya' kinda wish you'd left a neg, eh? :)

jasmine
06-06-2009, 01:40 PM
ok, this is her name~for all who want to know

she just sent me this email ??? makes no sense

whatever

It also has my ebay name on it~~918jasmine377

Dear 918jasmine377,

you do not know how to handle your sellers.

- bvm2001

cathych
06-06-2009, 03:42 PM
report her.

azwup05
06-08-2009, 03:01 PM
OMG

Quote:
Dear 918jasmine377,

it's not about loosing money, it's about giving some one something for free when they probably do not deserve it. I will continue to offer free shipping penny auctions when I feel like it because most people that win will be ecstatic. You being the exception. Learn a lesson, next time you are asked for extra postage refuse the item, don't be the martyr and annoy the seller with the pettyness of the situation. USPS is money hungry and I don't like to contribute to the mailman's $28 dollars an hour wage, while they nickle and dime us to ****en death. You had no right. I hope this will mean an end to our interactions.

She didn't work at the same post office I do!

whatever
06-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Leave a neutral, not a negative. That way others know about it, but it's won't really hurt her feeback rating. Yah it sucks you had to pay $.95 but really is $.95 that big of a deal?

NO its not a big deal. But principal is!! It was supposed to be free. That is what she bought (shipping wise) and that is not what she got. Would anyone be satified if they bought a rose (they thought) and got home and it was a carnation? Probably because roses cost more and you paid for a rose! And with the economy why should she have to eat the .95? That was not the agreement. And also if they seller would have said "oh by the way I only allow for X amount for shipping so if it goes over lmk....." then the OP probably wouldn't even have cared. All things get handled different when you KNOW what you are getting UPFRONT. IMO

littlered1
06-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Wow!
I sell a lot on Ebay and I also buy a lot of stuff on there, have for years.
I would have left her a negative. Forwarded all of her emails to Ebay and let them sort the whole mess out.

I can't understand the part about wanting something for nothing... you paid for the item. You shouldn't feel like you had to pay for it twice.

I will always look at a person's feedback before I buy from them and I have paid a little extra to buy from someone that I know don't rip people off.
It sounds like this lady has a mental issue!
I would forward all of the emails to Ebay, they will suspend her account for a few. If not permanently. Good Luck!!!

jasmine
06-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I just went to my-ebay to read my feedback, I didn't know that you could update/reply or whatever your original feedback, well~~~ she did, so I replied something back myself.

thank you for your interest this item has been shipped Excellent buyer

Seller:
bvm2001 ( 970) May-18-09 10:29

Follow-up by bvm2001 (Jun-05-09 21:08):
COMPLAINED ABOUT TRANSACTION AND REFUSED TO RETURN ANYTHING DON'T COME back !!!
Reply by 918jasmine377 (Jun-06-09 20:03):
had 2 pay postage due, said would refund postage no prob., then wanted item back

and you know what ticks me off about it, is that I have the original envelope with the message written on it by the post office requesting postage due, and I also have the RECIEPT of my paying the postage due. I was not lying, I have proof.

littlered1
06-08-2009, 03:48 PM
I would report her to Ebay. I have bought so much stuff on there and never had anything like that happen to me. I'm real careful about postage too when I send stuff out. I make sure they get the quickest for what they paid.
We have a scale though, so I don't make any money off people on their postage.
I don't mind someone making a little money off me on postage but not ripping me off completely.

Quaker_Parrots
06-08-2009, 06:33 PM
If you payed through paypal, you need to report her there. You should be get your shipping back since you have proof.