PDA

View Full Version : Bulgaria ‘Survivor’ contestant dies while filming

sunflowers
06-01-2009, 03:54 PM
MANILA, Philippines - Philippine police say a contestant of the Bulgarian reality show "Survivor" has died of a heart attack while filming on an island beach.

Police say the 53-year-old Noncho Vodenicharov died Saturday despite efforts by a Filipino and a Bulgarian doctor to save him.

Chief Inspector Hilario Lelis Are said Monday that Vodenicharov had just finished an activity for the contest at the Gota Beach Resort in Caramoan township in eastern Camarines Sur province.

Bulgarian news reports say he was a town mayor and a former stunt man and singer.

"Survivor" originated in the U.S. but other countries have created their own versions of the popular show. Contestants compete in a variety of tough physical challenges until there is a sole winner

dv8grl
06-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Sad! But probably was bound to happen one of these days, on one of these shows.

I though Survivor was originally Australian?

gmyers
06-01-2009, 06:47 PM
As hard as they have to compete I'm surprised more hasn't happened with peoples health.

whatever
06-02-2009, 08:12 AM
I agree. I do know that they ( the American version) goes thru rigourous background records of health etc. BEFORE they let them on the show. I recall Jeff P. saying that on a show one time. That the files they have on the contestants is huge. But Anything can happen when they are out in the heat and elments and have been depleted of food etc.