PDA

View Full Version : Health groups outline plan to cut costs

anothersta
06-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Six major health care organizations submitted a 28-page proposal Monday to President Barack Obama detailing how they could save $2 trillion over 10 years.

Some of the savings proposed Monday mirror ideas already under consideration in Congress, including reducing the number of hospital readmissions, increasing the use health information technology and preventing chronic diseases. They also propose streamlining administrative processes, reducing medical errors and promoting comparative effectiveness research.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090601/pl_politico/23180

So the dipwad members of Congress tell us they need 2 trillion dollars for gov healthcare. And the healthcare industry submitted a plan to save 2 trillion.

The question begs to be asked (but it WON'T be by the press corp cause that might be an actual THOUGHT)

WHY IN THE HECK IS CONGRESS LOOKING TO TAX ANYTHING THAT MOVES IF THERE"S NO ADDITIONAL COST AND WE'RE GOING TO SAVE ALL THIS MONEY!!!!!

Jolie Rouge
06-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Counterprotesting Obamacare and the ACORN/SEIU mob
By Michelle Malkin • May 31, 2009 08:52 AM
http://michellemalkin.com/2009/05/31/couterprotesting-obamacare-and-the-acornseiu-mob/

I wrote earlier this month about the need for the Right to counter the huge Obamacare push by the big government alliance. Resistance has to happen on the ground, on the airwaves, and in the halls of Congress. ACORN, the SEIU, and the rest of the liberal grass-roots network are organized and committed to helping the White House. They’re pulling out all the stops:

Activists delivered a stack of dirty laundry to U.S. Rep. John Boehner’s West Chester Twp. office Wednesday, May 27, to protest his stance on health care reform.

The 14 T-shirts had messages written on them, many from a nearby low-income neighborhood.

“I have breast cancer — a pre-existing condition. I can’t get health coverage. Please Mr. Boehner, support health care for Americans now,” read one T-shirt signed by “Cassandra.”

“I lost my insurance because I couldn’t get enough hours at work,” another read.

The demonstration was part of a nationwide effort organized by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now and Health Care for America Now. They targeted Boehner, U.S. House Republican leader, because of his record of opposing expansion of publicly funded healthcare.

“These health insurance companies have a lot of dirty laundry to air,” said Ohio ACORN Director Amy Teitelman. “We want Rep. Boehner to be on the side of the people who made these T-shirts, not on the side of health insurance companies.”

“(Boehner) has voted consistently against expanding healthcare, and we’re trying to get him to see it’s hurting his constituency,” said ACORN organizer Debra Hentnik.

Health Care for America Now is funded by the radical left Tides Foundation, founded by Drummond Pike — the ACORN sugar daddy who bailed out the rotten Rathke family after ACORN founder Wade Rathke’s brother, Dale, was exposed as the thief who embezzled nearly $1 million from the organization.

The Right needs to expose these corruptocrats; show Americans that the do-gooder poseurs want more power and control, not real “health care reform;” and match them foot soldier for foot soldier in the streets.

In Seattle, our friend Keli Carender — the mom-blogger at Liberty Belle who channeled her anger about the trillion-dollar porkulus bill into political activism and helped get the Tea Party movement rolling even before it had that name — is doing just that. Over the weekend, she brought together hundreds of taxpayers to counterprotest the ACORN/SEIU/Obamacare network. Keli e-mailed last night:

We had almost 400 people show up to counter the socialized health care protest today in Seattle! I’ll blog about it in a bit. I just wanted to get you some pics right away. Keep in mind that we had about three weeks to plan this and NO funding or backers. They had…all the funding of all the unions and ACORN. It was fun, and everyone told me that are really starting to get energized, and they are ready for more!!! One woman said, “You know how fear provokes either fight or flight? My fear about the direction of this country is making me want to fight! Not too long ago it would have been different. I’m ready to fight now.”

[i]Anyone else find it strange that Drummond Pike and Wade Rathke were Weather Underground buddies with Bill Ayers back in the day?
:hmmmm2:

From the looks of things here, buth ACORN and SEIU have crossed the line from community organizing to lobbying - just what is their motivation relevant to their organizational purpose that is driving them to lobby for government sponsored health care? ACORN seems to be in it for a further redistribution of wealth, but I would venture to guess that most SEIU members have some fairly decent health coverage already in place. Perhaps another few billion in tax subsidies will be forthcoming in any health care bill.

The degree of coordination between the Administration and these groups certainly suggests that they are working with the Administration and/or Congressional Democrats to push this initiative. Are ACORN and SEIU now government sponsored enterprises? If this is happening, there is a law or two that is being trampled upon.

The argument should not be lack of access to medical care. Everyone has access to the healthcare system. No one can legally be turned away. It comes down to access to preventive care. The energy and resources should be directed toward how can we make preventive care more accessible. Since the left isn’t emphasizing this approach, I can only assume the goal is to just get their hands on our benefit packages to spend elsewhere…

Obama & SEIU have also threatened NBC 4 in DC about airing a 30 minute infomercial for CPR the anti-obama healthcare group. Isn’t this what Chavez and dictators do????