PDA

View Full Version : help with my cell phone...again

Urban Cowgirl
05-29-2009, 06:15 PM
I am so new to all of this.

My cell phone has an mp3 player built in. I can download stuff to a minisd card and put the card in my cell phone. I then can transfer music to my playlist.

My question is: Since the ringtones are in mp3 format...is there some way to put stuff on the card and then transfer it to my ringtones folder on the phone?

I figured out how to do it as an email...just trying to avoid the fees I incur doing it that way.

TIA

cpbaby
05-29-2009, 06:46 PM
When you go to the card and open it, can you not SAVE it in the correct folder? Or, you should be able to select the tone and SET AS RINGTONE. Then it should move to the ringtone folder........I think.

Vee030473
05-29-2009, 06:54 PM
I dont know about your phone but mine wont allow full length songs longer than a minute to be set as ring tones. The way I found I can make a song a ringtone is by setting it as my alarm tone. For some reason it adds it to the list of ringtones and from there I set it as a ringtone,but like I said on my phone the song has to be under a minute and a half or a minute,cant remember which.

IthinkNOT!
05-29-2009, 06:55 PM
what kind of phone is it?

Urban Cowgirl
05-30-2009, 03:51 PM
its an LG phone. I am able to save a ringtone in my music file on the sdcard. But I cannot figure out a way to move it to my ringtone folder on the phone. I can move it to built in memory, but still cannot get it to the ringtone folder. TIA

IthinkNOT!
05-30-2009, 04:30 PM
I have an LG rythm and can't figure it out on that either. I usually connect it to the comp and rearrange that way, or get ringtones from myxer. Do you get incoming pix messages or do you get a link and have to get online to get it?

ETA: what company are you through? A friend of mine is through alltel and when he goes to myxer it sends him a link to go t their site and download, but if I get it from myxer and change the file name I can send it to him. If you let me know what you are wanting I can try and send it to you.

jackie227
05-30-2009, 05:33 PM
I have an LG Scoop, thru Alltel, and I cannot get ringtone unless I purchase them from Alltel, GRRRRR. Have read on several sites that they have some kinda program stopping us from being able to get them except form them.

IthinkNOT!
05-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Thats how my friends phone is, but when I send them in a pix message he gets them.

Urban Cowgirl
05-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Thats how my friends phone is, but when I send them in a pix message he gets them.

I am able to do this. It costs me for each message, so I was trying to be cheap and get it completely free by saving it to my card. Thanks for the offer though.

OH ,also I just found out that I can send them to my friend and he can give them to me through the bluetooth and they are free that way! WooHoo'!

I'm Cheap I know! LOL

IthinkNOT!
05-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Just be careful with the bluetooth thing. Make sure you always know who you are sharing songs with. I made a mistake with that the other day. I was at visitation at the county jail and my phone rang. The ring tone was "were you born an as$hole" and this other girl thought it was the coolest thing. I offered to blue tooth it to her, and turned on my blue tooth, and searched for phones to pair with. I paired with the phone that I thought was hers and sent it through. Turns out the phone that I paired with was that of the jailer that was standing nearby taking up forms. He about had a fit when he got it. I tried to explain it was a mistake, but by then all grades of cops were called and I was banned from the area until further notice for disrespecting an officer.

Urban Cowgirl
05-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Just be careful with the bluetooth thing. Make sure you always know who you are sharing songs with. I made a mistake with that the other day. I was at visitation at the county jail and my phone rang. The ring tone was "were you born an as$hole" and this other girl thought it was the coolest thing. I offered to blue tooth it to her, and turned on my blue tooth, and searched for phones to pair with. I paired with the phone that I thought was hers and sent it through. Turns out the phone that I paired with was that of the jailer that was standing nearby taking up forms. He about had a fit when he got it. I tried to explain it was a mistake, but by then all grades of cops were called and I was banned from the area until further notice for disrespecting an officer.

OUCH! No sense of humor? ya, I'll just do that at home I guess! LOL

jackie227
05-31-2009, 06:21 AM
I cant get them to work when they r sent thru bluetooth, I can play them, but not set them as ring tones

Urban Cowgirl
05-31-2009, 06:41 AM
I cant get them to work when they r sent thru bluetooth, I can play them, but not set them as ring tones

Yeah just found out we can't either. DH tried it with a friend! Guess I'll have to pony up and pay the quarter! LOL

IthinkNOT!
05-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Through alltel you can get unlimited texts fairly cheap, or get a day pass for the internet.

cSoReNSoN
05-31-2009, 10:43 AM
I just use the usb cable and software program for my phone to transfer any photos &/or ringtones off/to the phone. It's quite easy! Ringtones go to the ringtone folder and photos to photo folder.