PDA

View Full Version : My car now has a bullseye!!!!!

whatever
05-24-2009, 09:23 AM
we are driving home from the city and low and behold my dh and I both see something big coming at the windshield. All of the sudden.[BOOM!! !I have a nice softball or larger shatter on my windshield. We have NO clue what it was. But upon inspection there are 3 trialiangler chips in the middle of it. So I don't know what kind of "rock" would make that? Or how a car could kick up that big of a rock. Because what I saw was dark in color. And the car in front of us was a ways up there. I swear it came from the sky. My dh says i'm crazy. But I don't see any other explantation???

sunniekiss
05-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Well not to sound gross but it could have been "waste" from a passing plane or it could have possibly been a metorite.
It could have possibly been some kids throwing rocks. Sucks doesn't it b/c you have to pay for a new windshield due to no fault of your own.

Sorry this happened.

fleabones3
05-24-2009, 01:55 PM
That would have scared the crap right outta me!!! Sucks that your windshield got busted. Hope you can get a good deal on a new one

SLance68
05-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Before you call to get your windshield replaced call your insurance carrier. In Florida if you have full coverage they cover the windshield. If you have State Farm the cover all the glass in the car not just the windshield.

fairydana
05-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Lord girl, I wouldve had a heart attack! I am so glad that yall werent hurt! Who knows what in the world it was!

That really is scary!

I bet it was loud!

:hug

Anniston
05-24-2009, 07:27 PM
scary. Glad it did not cause you to veer or anything.

meltodd69
05-24-2009, 09:11 PM
I would still be shaking. Glad your both OK.

ITA Call the insurance company. I had a rock break mine and the insurance company sent someone to the house to do everything.

jasmine
05-24-2009, 09:36 PM
you wouldn't have happen to be driving under a over pass would you? Maybe someone threw something off of it?

Glad to here your ok, thank gosh it didn't go threw your windshield!

dv8grl
05-25-2009, 04:34 AM
Doh, that sucks!
Definately call your insurance company.
When I lived in FL, there was so much competition in the windshead replacement world, that companies would give you bribes to do the work. I got a free box of steaks from one place! They were really good! LOL!

whatever
05-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Yeah we have full coverage. Its been paid off for years but we figured with sooo many uninsured people out there its best to leave it that way.
I had planned to call our ins. on tues. I was lived. Dh says no sense in getting upset happens to every vehicle. I said BS. I have had how many cars and This is a FIRST time for me. And was joking and said look who was driving. He was. lol

Mom2-3boys
05-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Sorry that sucks! Well on the bright side at least it didnt shatter into the vehicle!! When I was a little girl I was riding with my mom...we were behind a school bus and a kid threw a water balloon out the window. I remember seeing a red object coming at us....it hit right in the middle, the windshield shattered and glass came in everywhere! My mom found out it was the son of a good friend of theirs...yeah I imagine he got into a lot of trouble!

SLance68
05-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah we have full coverage. Its been paid off for years but we figured with sooo many uninsured people out there its best to leave it that way.
I had planned to call our ins. on tues. I was lived. Dh says no sense in getting upset happens to every vehicle. I said BS. I have had how many cars and This is a FIRST time for me. And was joking and said look who was driving. He was. lol

Your DH is right it does happen all the time. I have probably had 6 windshields replaced over the past 25 years. When you call your insurance company ask them who they recommend that comes out to your home. It is a lot less paperwork for you if you do it that way - the glass company bills the insurance carrier directly.