PDA

View Full Version : If you are on unemployment in NC please read!

DezaRay24
05-22-2009, 12:24 PM
I work for a call center that used to handle the calls for the North Carolina State Unemployment debit cards. I get paid per call that I take a rate depending on my Quality and my Stats about $0.49 a call. In order to make a pretty ok wage I have to take about 200-220 calls per day plus have good stats and QA. Now NC Unemployment kept us pretty busy since their payments post everyday M-F so people are always calling. We also handle Food Stamp accts for other states and Child support as well.

Ok to start my point...and if your one of the Millions of Americans that has been laid off you will understand where I'm going with this. Back in March they told us that we were sending our GA state Child support calls to Warez, Mexico since were were getting a new project to handle and needed to unload some of our call volume to handle the SSI & disability calls. Then towards the end of April they told us that our busiest state North Carolina was being routed to Warez as well. We were all hoping that the State of NC would not go along with this but they signed the forms and we lost our calls to Mexico!

Since loosing NC & GA our call volume has dropped so bad that I'm now making half what I was making before and so is everyone else in our call center. And if your not taking calls your NOT getting paid. My last 2 checks have been $200 less for 2 weeks than they used to be.

So if you are one of those Millions of Americans that got laid off in NC or even in another state I would check where your calls are being handled!! I think it is selfish and unfair of the United States unemployment offices, Welfare offices and Child support offices to send these calls out of our country! If they needed to open other call center they could have done it right here at home and employment some of the millions out of work US citizens! :getyou

Also it does work to complain to your local state offices since they have the power to pull these if they get to many complaints. The State of Florida about a month or so ago pulled all its State food and unemployment calls from India back to the US when people in FL got word of it.

**EDITED TO ADD**
I forgot to put this in my post....another thing you need to look at is when we take these calls we ask for your SSN#, name, DOB & in some cases your address. Having them outsourced leaves all your info in a country that may not have as stick of rules and regulations or back ground checks on the employees like we have in the US. At my job we will get fired for having our cell phones or even any type of writing item at our desks. Selling personal info is a HUGE money maker for people that are not legal.

SLance68
05-22-2009, 01:45 PM
I have not heard a word about them pulling the calls for Florida - where did you see this info?

DezaRay24
05-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Our work told us cuz they know how mad we are they pulled NC. You can also do a google search I'm away from my home PC so don't have a link I can post.

whatever
05-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Okay NOT only do I find it stupid to give away AMERICAN jobs for this, but I would NOT trust calling MEXICO. ANYMORE than I trust calling india for info on my computer half the time!! Call me racist. But geez!! Isn't this the same government who says we need to create more AMERICAN jobs?? And NOT ship them outside of OUR country???:getyou

freeby4me
05-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Okay NOT only do I find it stupid to give away AMERICAN jobs for this, but I would NOT trust calling MEXICO. ANYMORE than I trust calling india for info on my computer half the time!! Call me racist. But geez!! Isn't this the same government who says we need to create more AMERICAN jobs?? And NOT ship them outside of OUR country???:getyou

Im confused, what does wanting American jobs to stay here have to do with racism? I see nothing racist about it. Now, not wanting someone who lives here to get the job because they're "mexican" would be racist.

BeanieLuvR
05-22-2009, 03:21 PM
I think it is terrible that they were allowed to do that. I hope enough people complain that they get moved back here where they belong. I hate for our jobs to be outsourced period.

ma4angels
05-22-2009, 03:56 PM
That is why alot of people in the US loses their jobs because they can always get jobs done cheaper overseas. One of my relatives had a really good job at a big insurance company in the audit department. The came in and announced that they were deleting all their jobs because they were sending that part of the company over to India.

krisharry
05-22-2009, 04:15 PM
I find it absolutely outrageous! No government positions should be allowed to be outsourced overseas if their are American citizens willing and able to do the job. I am an employer in NC and I will be voicing my opinion to Employment Security Commission on Tuesday.

DezaRay24
05-22-2009, 04:29 PM
I find it absolutely outrageous! No government positions should be allowed to be outsourced overseas if their are American citizens willing and able to do the job. I am an employer in NC and I will be voicing my opinion to Employment Security Commission on Tuesday.

Thank you!! I've been looking all over the internet for places to post this. Its just BS!!!

I mean ya I don't live in NC but I am affected by this change just as much as the people calling in for questions about the EPPIC cards their funds go on. We have had NC for sooo long I know what most people are calling in about before they tell me. I know when NC has delayed payments and not posted payments and we understand how important it is for these people to get these EPPIC cards ASAP! I have been taking some overflow calls for NC when Warez can't handle them and in 1 day for 20 short minutes I put in 5 incident reports on 7 agents in Warez that have screwed up over and over again & not ordering cards for people.

ElleGee
05-23-2009, 09:02 AM
I am guessing that you mean Juarez, Mexico..

OkeDoke
05-23-2009, 09:53 AM
I am guessing that you mean Juarez, Mexico..

Yes I think so, right over the border by El Paso, Texas

sunniekiss
05-23-2009, 10:37 AM
This is so sad & utterly unbelieveable.

I keep saying though, people voted for CHANGE & now this is the CHANGE you got.

I however didn't vote for change, I voted for Daffy & Donald Duck. I thought both canidates were quacks so I voted so I voted for something that did really quack.:itsme:

klutzie56
05-23-2009, 10:47 AM
It's fairly easy to get the emails of your Congressmen and Senators. I would write them to complain.

SLance68
05-23-2009, 11:36 AM
It's fairly easy to get the emails of your Congressmen and Senators. I would write them to complain.

You can find the local, state and federal legislators on this site.

http://www.usa.gov/

freeby4me
05-23-2009, 02:29 PM
This is so sad & utterly unbelieveable.

I keep saying though, people voted for CHANGE & now this is the CHANGE you got.

I however didn't vote for change, I voted for Daffy & Donald Duck. I thought both canidates were quacks so I voted so I voted for something that did really quack.:itsme:

Wow, I never realized that all the jobs went overseas in ONLY the last 4 months.

speedygirl
05-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Wow, I never realized that all the jobs went overseas in ONLY the last 4 months.

No kidding. How many years have we been complaining about outsourcing? You'd think that it was an entirely new concept since January according to some. http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/2009_eyes_rolled_back.gifhttp://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/102.gif

Kelsey1224
05-26-2009, 11:08 AM

THANK YOU!!! I swear, if people get a hangnail they will find some reason to blame Obama for it!