PDA

View Full Version : DH had his leg ran over by an SUV

BrightEyes
05-20-2009, 06:45 AM
So I am off work today, UNPAID, because my DH had his leg ran over last night and the baby woke up sick today. I will be spending all day at doctors offices after being at the ER until 1 Am.

My future son in laws Bronco broke down. Dh, him and a couple other guys were pushing it. DH was on the side guiding it. I guess the guys were stronger than they thought, mixed with SIL being 19 and not super familiar with driving while being pushed. It went to fast, Hubby fell. The car kept going and ran over his leg and foot. Hubby had total lower back reconstructive surgery so once he starts falling it is really hard for him to catch himself. Took him to the ER. Spent 2 hours in the waiting room. The after they took xrays they told us they dont read them at night they email them to a firm in Australia who reads them and faxes the report back! They splinted his leg, put him on crutches and sent him home, No pain meds or anything. We are going to see the VA hospital today.

The baby, who just turned 1, woke up this morning with his eyes matted shut, red, swollen. His face was all splotchy and he has a really bad cough so he is off to the doc as well. We had him in sat for swollen lymphnodes in his groin, a total of three. Now I am wondering if those lymphnodes were telling us the infection was coming.

anyway keep my family in your thoughts as we bounce from doc to doc today. The babys doc is local but I have to take hubby an hour away.

BrightEyes
05-20-2009, 06:47 AM
Just wanted to add, you should have seen the reaction at the ER when they asked what happened and we told them his son in law ran over him, LMAO

freeby4me
05-20-2009, 07:06 AM
Oh my gosh, I sure hope the rest of the week goes much better for ya'll!

Thats funny about their reaction!

peaceluver
05-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Sounds like you are having a bad time. I sure hope things get better around your house and be careful, my mom said they always come in threes.

Army-Mom
05-20-2009, 09:51 AM
sending prayers

gmyers
05-20-2009, 10:13 AM
I hope it heals fast. Boy that must have hurt him. I can't believe they made ya'll wait that long in the ER for something like that. And good grief give him pain medicine. Thats ridiculous. And I hope your baby gets better too.

keoka3
05-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Please let me know what they say about the lymphnodes, my grandsons neck has been swollen and they said it was his lymphnodes, but his white blood count was low cause of it. Is what one dr. said another said he might of been bite by a cat.
Hope everyone gets better

fleabones3
05-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Oh wow... that sucks. I hope your hubby and baby get better really fast

lucimPI
05-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Hope all is going well and things will smooth out for your weekend. Thoughts are with you.

papadsgirls
05-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I hope thing get better quickly. I wish you were closer, I'd give him pain meds. that they gave my daughter for her foot. I can't believe they don't read x-rays at night. I'd have to file a complaint with the hospital director. What if needed surgery. File a complaint with the Director of hospital, not the ER director. Yes 2 different people. Hope you get quick answers...

Shann
05-21-2009, 09:51 PM
I hope the baby and your hubby feel better soon. I cannot imagine the hospital seriously sending him home (in pain no less) with nothing to ease it. :(

BrightEyes
05-22-2009, 05:35 AM
Thanks for all teh good thoughts, the baby is doing well. He has a virus and the beginnings of possibly a UTI so he is on antibiotics. He will be on eye drops but the doc called his prescriptions into Wal Mart while I took hubby to the VA hospital. Well Wal Mart filled his prescriptions and when we picked them up they had lost them! So they had to refill and were out of the drops. They expect them in today. The swollen lymphnodes she said were more than likely the result of the impending infection, he still has them. His CBC's were fine. They are going to repeat his urine next week.

Hubby is doing better, he is in a cast and on crutches still. He has to follow up with the podiatry clinic. We spent another 6 hours at the VA hospital. The reason he is not on any meds is because he hurt his back in 2000. He fell and blew three disks. After several miss diagnosis and a botched surgery in El Paso texas, he finally had to undergo total lower back reconstructive surgery. He was on narcotics for so many years that regular pain meds do him no good and the hospital said to give him anything strong enough to help would have to go through his regular doctor. So he is just kind of dealing with it right now. Lots of rest, he stays in bed with his foot up most of the day. It is still swollen to twice its size. But he is doing good.

SLance68
05-22-2009, 08:18 AM
WOW that is a lot to happen all at once. Glad the baby is doing better. Sorry they can't give your DH anything for pain. Have you tried icing his foot down - it should reduce some of the swelling. I can imagine the meds they would have to give him due to his high tolerances would probably knock most people out for a day or two. Sending you some prayers and hugs for quick healing for both of them.