PDA

View Full Version : How Low Can You GO ?

Jolie Rouge
05-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Yesterday someone walked onto my locked, gated back porch and stole - yes stole - our pet bunny. They couldn't figure out the latch on the enclosure so they broke the hinges. We called the police and filed a report - not that I expect to get S'mores back. Only a few reasons to take the bunny - train hunting dogs or fighting dogs or teenagers maybe a prank or just plain mean. Kids have us posting "Missing Bunny" posters; I don't expect our bunny to be returned but to warn others to protect their animals.

"May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits"

cabby92
05-19-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm so sorry. I hope it's someone that just wanted a pet. And that you get S'mores back, of course.

gmyers
05-19-2009, 11:09 AM
I really believe some people will steal anything that isn't nailed down. I hope you get it back.

pepperpot
05-19-2009, 11:13 AM
So sorry Jolie, that's horrible.

And I hope the fleas multiply and find their crotch too.....:mad:

dinosmom
05-19-2009, 12:04 PM
I am so sorry. That is terrible!!! I hope you get S'mores back!

BeanieLuvR
05-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Wow!! That's incredibly low. :( I hope you get S'mores back.

fleabones3
05-19-2009, 01:24 PM
omg.. thats just sorry. stupid punks. I hope you get your bunny back. I also hope leeches crawl up the arses of the jerks who took him

iluvmybaby
05-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I wonder if they stole your rabbit to eat? How sick, to steal a childs pet!

Quaker_Parrots
05-19-2009, 01:36 PM
I hate to say it, but it was probably someone you know, or has been to your house and knew you had a bunny. Good luck finding s'mores

Shann
05-19-2009, 02:00 PM
How sad, it's inside pets for us only, so no worrying about that around here... unless they seriously jump our high fence to get into our backyard and if that happened the dogs would alert me and I would do whatever it took to defend us. :angry: People have no morals anymore, I hope you get your bunny back. :(

Mary Jo
05-19-2009, 05:02 PM
That is pathetic.
Who would steal a rabbit?
Go figure.

Mary Jo
05-19-2009, 05:03 PM
That is pathetic.
Who would steal a rabbit?
Go figure.

nightrider127
05-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Gosh Jolie, I hate to hear that. May the fleas not only find their armpits and crotch also but their head to so they will be itching from top to bottom.

YankeeMary
05-20-2009, 07:06 AM
I, too, am sorry this has happened. How are you kids taking it? Sometimes people just make me SICK!!!

Jolie Rouge
05-20-2009, 10:42 AM
We have posters alll thru the area and at the local stores and at the schools. You can tell this is "small town" because I spoke to the editor of our small "local flavor" newspaper and they are going to run a story on it ... including a photo of a very sad Michael holding up a photc of himself snuggling S'mores at Easter. ( S'mores joined the Youth for the Easter Egg Hunt and took "Bunny Photos" with the kids. )

Taterbo
05-24-2009, 11:36 PM
I hope this effort finds you bunny...Glad to read the paper is stepping in to help find him.

Really makes you wonder where our world is going..when people will sink so low as to steal a childs rabbit from their yard.

I hope he is found and returned to you.

dv8grl
05-25-2009, 04:30 AM
:hugs to your kids., I'm sure they are having a tough time with this.
Hope someone knows what happened., and they get charged with animal cruelty and burglary!!

hotwheelstx
05-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Why would anyone take a bunny? NO HEART, THOUGHT. That is really low. I have with the article in the paper someone in your town recognizes the bunny and steps up to the plate.

I'm sorry this reminds of when I was younger, the neighbor killed our dog w/anti-freeze. He just didn't like pets. Shasta was an inside dog, too. Only went out to do her business.

I hope they catch whoever took S'mores. That's just rotten to the core.

CAMSmama
05-26-2009, 02:25 PM
any news on your bunny? I hope he's found safe, and brought home to you.

iluvmybaby
05-26-2009, 06:01 PM
OK I dont want to be .... obscene. But do you know if any of your neighbors keep large snakes like boa constrictors?

Jolie Rouge
05-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Until I find a boa or a python that could lift the cage off it's stand and move it four feet away without disturbing the items on the porch between where the stand and where the cage was found ... I'll have to continue to go with a human culprit. The sheriff that answered the call tried to tell me it was a dog, but coupled with the movement of the cage and the broken hasp and ripped hinges ...

Meg still rushes into the house every time we have been gone to check and see if by some miricale S`mores has returned to his cage. Micheal still cries himself to sleep. If I catch the sumbit' that did this ... pity the fool.

gmyers
05-26-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm sorry. They have to know that you probably have kids that love the rabbit. People can be really butts sometimes. I hope you find it. Maybe if they run the story someone will give ya'll another one. I hope so.

speedygirl
05-26-2009, 09:55 PM
I missed this post somehow. I'm sorry that some thieving scumbag took your bunny. :(