PDA

View Full Version : Kid names...OY!!! what are people thinking?

kidzpca
05-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Andjello

Lemonjello

Orangejello

buglebe
05-17-2009, 07:38 PM
I think some people want their children to have different names , especially if they have a common last name, like Smith, Jones, Johnson but some are going in entirely the wrong direction to make their kids rediculous and up for redicule. I don't know what they are thinking. I have heard some pretty bad names. Adolf Hitler was given to a little boy just a yr or two ago. I worked with a girl named Badnette but it was pronounced Banetta but what was her mother thinking? Naming kids things like Apple and such as that to me is pretty stupid but I guess that is just me. Naming the kids after kinds of jello is about as rediculous as you can get.

3lilpigs
05-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Andjello

Lemonjello

Orangejello

I've heard those names before........are they from some type of joke? For some reason I'm thinking a BIll Cosby joke/story?? I just can't remember.

Gherky
05-17-2009, 10:47 PM
I like Limejello myself. :D

baragabrat
05-18-2009, 05:19 AM
I think when parents give their kids names, they think only of themselves not the effect that that particular name might have on the child as it gets older and goes to school, interacting with others. Selfish. And that's a shame. Some of the monikers that some kids have are just absurd.

teenap
05-18-2009, 05:38 AM
our friend had a boy last week, Rupert

pepperpot
05-18-2009, 05:41 AM
Would you see a doctor whose name is "Orangejello"? What kind of life do the parents think they are setting their children up for? Really....:doh

evrita
05-18-2009, 06:01 AM
Its not so bad having a name that is not common. It kinda sets you apart from the rest of the crowd it made me feel uniquie. When people wanted to call me Rite I keep telling them that isnt my name. Also a lot of kids who dont like thier first names will just use thier middele like my DH does.

G'maDebbie
05-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Its not so bad having a name that is not common. It kinda sets you apart from the rest of the crowd it made me feel uniquie. When people wanted to call me Rite I keep telling them that isnt my name. Also a lot of kids who dont like thier first names will just use thier middele like my DH does.

That probably isn't going to happen with these kids, their middle names are "Cool Whip".....lol...sorry, just couldn't resist.

fleabones3
05-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Its one thing to have a uncommon name.. its a whole different story when you give them one like orangejello. Thats not a NAME , that is a food product. Its like naming your kid Syphilis .. stupid and mean.

pepperpot
05-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Its one thing to have a uncommon name.. its a whole different story when you give them one like orangejello. Thats not a NAME , that is a food product. Its like naming your kid Syphilis .. stupid and mean.

:lol We have a friend named Phylis.....we called her syphlilis for fun! :lol

dv8grl
05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
http://www.bigbigforums.com/news-information/611043-boys-unpopular-names-more-likely-break-law.html?highlight=names

cathych
05-18-2009, 03:11 PM
I think all kids in grade school are mean, lol. They will definately pick on other kids just because they have strange names, we all did it, didn't we? My last name was Campbell, and i got called chicken noodle all the time. One of my friends last name was Rector, and I don't have to tell you what she was called. One of girls I graduated with named her little boy Kuong Shay. (not sure how she spelled it, but thats how you PRONOUNCED it)

hotdoglove
05-18-2009, 03:54 PM
orangejello? wow... and i thought apple was bad.

Mystica131
05-20-2009, 08:52 PM
I was born in 1972. My mom told me that the lady who was her roommate at the hospital when I was born was planning on naming her daughter Vagina because she thought it sounded pretty. Thankfully the doctor told the lady what it was before she named her kid that.

cathych
05-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Anybody ever remember the Ramona series where she named her doll Chevrolet??