PDA

View Full Version : Vaio laptop

kmtsn
05-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Hello we got our daughter one of these for her birthday in Febuary anyway it seems that the battery sure does drain fast I was wondering if anybody else has noticed this I am not really sure why it dont stay charged for very long at noon it was 100% charged now at 1:45 it says 44% maybe it is just me thanks

3lilpigs
05-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Laptop batteries generally last 2-3 hours.

Mine lasts about 2. I hardly use it though.....I just keep mine plugged in to the outlet.

justme23
05-16-2009, 03:42 PM
It really depends on what she's doing. If she is using labor intensive applications it will drain even faster. Generally speaking lilpigs is right. There are laptops that can last much longer but from what I understand they are specialty and much more expensive. I know my husband generally keeps his work laptop plugged in at all times and the one time we went off w/out it it started dying pretty quick.

prcsanglas
05-16-2009, 06:41 PM
If it's under warranty call them and they will replace the battery for free. I just had my Vaio serviced because it was still under warranty and it took them about 10 days total. I know my battery only last about 3 hours on a good day. Hope this helps.

kmtsn
05-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the help! I thought about calling them about the battery but since everyone says 2 -3 hours I guess it is just laptops use the battery fast.

kmtsn
05-16-2009, 09:04 PM
forgot we have only had the
vaio since febuary 20th and she does alot of chatting with friends and pics videos myspace (prcsanglas ) what happened with yours and how long have you had it and do you like it?

prcsanglas
05-17-2009, 06:33 AM
The hard drive was doing the "click of death", as my husband calls it. And just a few minor things like a key came off and the battery button on the back wouldn't click shut. They fixed everything under warranty and because their tech was a jerk they thru in the shipping for me. The hard drive started going around month 8 or 9 so just look for it it will make a clicking noise and then go to a black screen saying it has no operating system information for your computer but a restart and it will work. They said this is common with the Vaio's.

prcsanglas
05-17-2009, 06:34 AM
ALso myspace will eat the battery faster than anything else because they have all those ads on their pages. You can also change your battery settings to something that works better for you. Just double click the little battery at the bottom and it will bring up the menu.

kmtsn
05-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks everybody for helping

kmtsn
05-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Hello I have a vaio and lately the screen has been going black so i have to turn back on I thought at one time someone had posted on here they had the same problem but I cannot remrber what they said. It is still under warranty so I am wondering if I need to call Sony?

ahippiechic
05-27-2009, 03:48 PM
It was you who posted about it, I've merged the threads........

prcsanglas
05-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Hello I have a vaio and lately the screen has been going black so i have to turn back on I thought at one time someone had posted on here they had the same problem but I cannot remrber what they said. It is still under warranty so I am wondering if I need to call Sony?

Yes call them Is it saying that there is no operating system found or the screen is just going black? I will ask my hubby for you. Mine just kept saying there was no operating system found and go black and then a restart and it would work fine.