PDA

View Full Version : i want to buy a prepaid viza card as a gift, anyone have the best place to buy?

Airbuswife
05-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi! i'm looking to buy a prepaid visa card online tonight as a gift, does anyone know of a site that is reasonable on fees or has no fee? i dont mind paying an up front fee, but i dont want a monthly fee. thanks for any help you can give :)

sheila_361
05-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Walmart has them but not sure you can buy them online, I know that you can get one for a fee of like $8.00 and it is refillable.

Airbuswife
05-15-2009, 08:04 PM
I need to buy it tonight online, i cant go anywhere to get one, walmart is too far right now... i will check their website, thanks chef sheila! :)

speedygirl
05-15-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure about online but this is from the Visa site;

http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/visa_gift_card_order.jsp

Most of the grocery stores have prepaid, Visa, MC and AMEX with a $3.50 SC. I've seen them at CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid as well as convenience stores.

Airbuswife
05-15-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure about online but this is from the Visa site;

http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/visa_gift_card_order.jsp

Most of the grocery stores have prepaid, Visa, MC and AMEX with a $3.50 SC. I've seen them at CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid as well as convenience stores.

thanks! i live in a very small town and dont have any of the stores you mentioned, thats why i need to buy it online. i'm checking into the site tho, so thanks! :)

bonniejeanne
05-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Read the fine print very carefully. There are all kinds of hidden fees on those things, not just the up front fee.

Airbuswife
05-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Read the fine print very carefully. There are all kinds of hidden fees on those things, not just the up front fee.

Yep, i know, i'm trying to figure out the best for the money... they all have a fee to get it, which is no problem, but then some have other fees and most have no fees for 6 months, which is good! i will make sure to let the recipient know it will "expire with all funds available" in 6 months! ( to be honest, i think anyone who would recieve a debit gift card would be anxious to use it way before 6 months!)