PDA

View Full Version : Bad couple of days

volkswagon7
05-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Tuesday and Wednesday were bad days for me. Tuesday was two months since Steve died and the hardest part was that noone remembered it but me. I know that life goes on but my best friend didn't even remember. Sometimes it just feels like I am the only one that remembers him. His hospice nurse told me for the year he was on hospice that she would stay in touch and wouldn't forget about me, but guess what? I still haven't heard from her and I have even left messages for her.

My son was here over the weekend, got here on Thursday and left Monday morning. It was so great to see him and spend time with him. He helped me scatter Steve's ashes on Saturday, something that my son requested. He loved Steve so much. Steve wasn't his real father but he treated him like he was and Will treated Steve like he was his father. In the 6 and a half years we were together Steve was more father than his real father. Just one more thing I loved about Steve and now miss about him.

I am feeling a little better today, haven't cried much today. Thats always a good thing.

pepperpot
05-07-2009, 12:15 PM
:hug

cabby92
05-07-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry you are feeling forgotten but glad you're not crying as much.

ttistin
05-07-2009, 12:33 PM

Army-Mom
05-07-2009, 12:38 PM
My prayers are with you, I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain..

G'maDebbie
05-07-2009, 12:39 PM

gmyers
05-07-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm sorry for how you're feeling. I really hope it gets better for you. It doesn't matter if you know they're ill and will pass away it's still really hard when it happens.

speedygirl
05-07-2009, 01:11 PM
http://www.bigbigforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif

I'm sorry that you're feeling so sad. Sometimes people do remember but feel uncomfortable bringing up the subject because they're under the mistaken impression that talking about it will hurt you too much. I wish I could make you feel better in some way. http://www.bigbigforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif

volkswagon7
05-07-2009, 01:32 PM
It doesn't matter if you know they're ill and will pass away it's still really hard when it happens.

Exactly, and if one more person says but you knew he was going to die, that should make it easier...........I swear I will seriously hurt them.

And thanks for all the hugs.

sheila_361
05-07-2009, 02:13 PM

fleabones3
05-07-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry --- it sucks that people treat you like you have the plague when someone dies. Just because you knew it was coming didnt make it any easier other than you got to say goodbye. I swear people are just stupid.

Hope you are feeling better today and know you have a angel watching you

ElleGee
05-07-2009, 02:24 PM

dv8grl
05-07-2009, 04:40 PM
:hug :grouphug :hug

mabby89
05-07-2009, 05:07 PM

Mary Jo
05-07-2009, 05:23 PM
I am so sorry.
There is absolutely nothing that is easy about losing someone you love.
God bless you and Steve.
You'll both be in my thoughts and prayers.

krisharry
05-07-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry that you are hurting.

jcw
05-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Hang in there

PrincessArky
05-07-2009, 09:34 PM
sending :hug and prayers

BeanieLuvR
05-07-2009, 09:46 PM

gmyers
05-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Exactly, and if one more person says but you knew he was going to die, that should make it easier...........I swear I will seriously hurt them.

I really hope time eases your pain. Losing your spouse is one of the hardest things I know of except losing a parent. I agree with what someone else said its hard to know what to say to someone that has lost someone. I bet they're thinking of you but are just feeling shy about approaching you. Hang in there it takes a long time sometimes but one day you'll think of him and smile instead of crying. You'll think about some funny thing he said or did or happy memories ya'll have and you'll smile. I really hope your pain eases in time.

buglebe
05-08-2009, 09:54 AM

You should seriously hurt them!! Just not enough to go to jail. I can not imagine anyone saying that. I mean , ****, we all know our parents, spouse etc are going to die one day but to say that to someone is just terrible. Even when people are sick and we know they are going to die imminently we deny it until it happens and no knowing it is going to happen doesn't help.

DrGrin
05-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Knowing that death is inevitable does not lessen the pain when it happens. It may prepare us, but it doesn't lessen the pain or sense of loss. I can't imagine anyone being so heartless as to expect that the loss would be any easier just because you knew the illness was terminal. How ignorant can they possibly be?!

Continue to always cherish the memories of all the happy times you had with your husband, and the life you had with him.

I will pray for your strength as you go through your time of grieving.

Hugs to you.

buglebe
05-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Thinking that knowing about the death coming lessoning the pain is about as silly as people who think that because a couple has 5 kids , losing one doesn't hurt as bad.

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-11-2009, 06:07 PM
May God give you the courage, strength and wisdom to get through this hard time. Hugs to you.

ElleGee
05-11-2009, 06:22 PM
I remember the picture of Steve you showed us.. I remember it well because he looked so damned happy even though he was sick.. Take comfort in knowing no one loved him more than you did and it showed on his face.. That smile was infectious.. And you made that happen.

Don't worry about whoever else... You're the one that made him smile that way.

Shann
05-11-2009, 06:30 PM
:hug I'm sorry you had a tough few days. I agree with the others, that while people may have remembered,they may not have wanted to bring it up. My aunt died last year and I know that if I were to bring it up to my mom and other family it would make them more sad, so it's easier to just be there if and when they want to talk about it.

fairydana
05-11-2009, 08:24 PM

volkswagon7
05-12-2009, 04:49 AM
I remember the picture of Steve you showed us.. I remember it well because he looked so damned happy even though he was sick.. Take comfort in knowing no one loved him more than you did and it showed on his face.. That smile was infectious.. And you made that happen.

Don't worry about whoever else... You're the one that made him smile that way.

Thanks for saying this. It made me smile through the tears. It feels good when someone remembers his smile.