PDA

View Full Version : My grandma is in the hospital

Mini
04-28-2009, 09:18 PM
My grandma was put in the hospital last night with heart failure. She's in stable condition the last I heard. She lives 3 hours away and its killing me not being able to be there. Shes had troubles with her heart on and off for years and it was ok there for a long time but I guess it caught up with her. Shes a very active woman for her age she does everything herself.

Shes my last grandparent. I never knew either grandpa and wasnt close to my other grandma(who died 7 years ago) Shes the one Im the closest to. I cant lose her it will break my heart :(
Also her birthday is next month as well as Mothers Day.

Not to mention I wasnt even told about this by anybody I had to find out by my SIL on myspace(she asked me how she was doing)!!!! Ugh.

**UPDATE**
Well believe it or not she was released from the hospital already! The doctors could not believe how well she is doing! Shes already back at home doing pretty much everything she did before she went into the hospital and wont listen to anyone about taking it easy grrrr. We have good genes in our family when it comes to healing and such thankfully!! Thank you ALL for your good thoughts they must have worked!

gmyers
04-28-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm sorry I hope she'll be ok. I'll pray for her and your family too. And I'm also sorry you weren't told. I know how you feel about that.

Gherky
04-28-2009, 09:39 PM
(((((((Mini)))))))) I am so sorry. Y'all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Shann
04-29-2009, 12:25 AM
:hug I'm sorry to hear about your grandma

tsquared
04-29-2009, 03:19 AM
Your Grandma will be in my thoughts and prayers.

pepperpot
04-29-2009, 04:55 AM
:hug

sheila_361
04-29-2009, 07:01 AM

myspirit
04-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Your Grandma is in my blessings! Hugs

BeanieLuvR
04-29-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry they didn't tell you. Prayers for you and your grandma. :hug

Jackie_Blu
04-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Oh Mini, Im so very sorry about your Grandma! I do hope you can find a way to go and be with her. Both of you are in my prayers :hug

Jenefer3
04-29-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma :hug Prayers for you and your grandma.

ttistin
04-29-2009, 01:58 PM

lisarae
04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
This isn't to start anything, but the best way to know if you grandma is sick is to call her. My grandfather is in the hospital and had a 5-bypass surgery Friday. Its a sensitive subject with me. (this is my situation). We had lots of family members calling to find out about it, but if they were that worried about him they could've come to check on him while he was well. Or help us take care if him and run errands while he was well. Then they get upset that we didn't call when he was sick. We asked and asked for help with him, and my grandmother, and no one will. But when they are sick they are there all worried and wanting to help.
Honestly Im not griping, but just call her and check on her more often. She may enjoy talking to you, even though you are far away, keep in touch.

DBackFan
04-29-2009, 02:55 PM
I am so sorry about Grandma. I know how sweet you are to everyone and how this must be hurting you. :hug

ElleGee
04-29-2009, 03:06 PM

Mini
04-29-2009, 04:37 PM
This isn't to start anything, but the best way to know if you grandma is sick is to call her. My grandfather is in the hospital and had a 5-bypass surgery Friday. Its a sensitive subject with me. (this is my situation). We had lots of family members calling to find out about it, but if they were that worried about him they could've come to check on him while he was well. Or help us take care if him and run errands while he was well. Then they get upset that we didn't call when he was sick. We asked and asked for help with him, and my grandmother, and no one will. But when they are sick they are there all worried and wanting to help.
Honestly Im not griping, but just call her and check on her more often. She may enjoy talking to you, even though you are far away, keep in touch.

Im not starting anything either(please I dont want to not in this thread) but I never said I dont keep in touch with my grandma I love her to death she lives 3 hours away so I dont get to see her very often it goes without saying I DO keep in touch with her but I dont talk to her every second of every day. In fact my uncle checks on her every single evening and she was perfectly fine when he left her house to go home that day. She called 911 at 12am with chest pains. Everyone loves her shes very respected where she lives and has a lot of people who care about her and check on her and etc. I have a cell phone so I can call her for free its not like I dont care.

Alot of people dont care about me but I like to think that makes me a stronger person and a more caring person.

Im sorry I dont mean to sound mean if I do Im sorry Im not trying to be because I dont want to start anything, Im just saying that I do keep in touch. I know you must be going through alot with your grandpa and Im sorry for that I hope hes alright.

BeanieLuvR
04-29-2009, 08:14 PM
And a lot of people do care about you. :hug I know you are a good person from watching you grow up on here. You are beautiful on the outside but most importantly on the inside. :) I hope your grandma gets better.

speedygirl
04-29-2009, 08:28 PM
http://www.bigbigforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif Good wishes for both you and your grandma. Don't let inconsiderate people get you down. I agree, give her a call and let you know you're praying for her recovery. I'm sorry that you're not able to be with her.

lisarae
04-30-2009, 10:09 AM
NO,NO,NO. Please don't take it as I was being harsh, I didn't mean for it to be that way. Its hard to show emotion on typing, and I was NOT trying to be rude. I know how you feel.
I lost my grandmother back in October. I didn't go see her as I should or call her as I should. I let my uncles wife get in the way of that. And now I am paying for that. My point was just to make sure that YOU find out yourself how she is doing.

Please don't think I was being inconsiderate, it wasn't that at all. I apologize, its a sad time right now, and I will be praying for her and your family.

CLARKS4
04-30-2009, 10:33 AM
:hug and prayers

janelle
04-30-2009, 11:02 AM
((((Mini))))

Mini
05-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Just wanted to bump and say there is an update(on the original post) she is home now and doing amazingly well considering what she went though! Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts just wanted to say that they worked

ttistin
05-06-2009, 07:25 PM
:hug that is great news..Thank you for letting us know.

Gherky
05-06-2009, 07:45 PM
That really is wonderful news, Mini!! :)