PDA

View Full Version : Really pissed

justme23
04-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Ok... so, if I am to be honest w/ myself, I am a hypochondriac. I really think w/ the swine flu going around we should all be a little bit... but why I'm so pissed. My nana has my nephew home from school today. She took him to the doctor and they gave him a prescription of antibiotics but said NOT to take them until Thursday. (this is a gripe all it's own. I love my nana, but she believes we should all pretty much be on antibiotics at the slightest sniffle, which for her is basically all the time... why does she think they are sick ALL. THE. TIME.?) Well, I just talked to her and she has him in Wal-Mart trying on clothes... HOW THE HELL DOES SHE THINK ILLNESS SPREADS? I really do love her but I did have to yell at her to take him home... which she completely ignored, so I don't know why I bothered... UGH, I'm sorry, it just really bothers me.

Jenefer3
04-27-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm with you on that one. If your kid is to sick to be in school then they shouldn't be at a store shopping.

When my son was younger he was on medication to suppress his immune system and we were at the grocery store and this lady was in front of us with two of her kids (they were buying a pack of cigarettes and some pop) and she was commenting that they were on the way to the doctor because the kids had the chicken pox (or so she thought - I know it looked like chicken pox). I was so pissed.

cabby92
04-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Why would they give him antibiotics and tell her not to start him on them until Thursday???

hotwheelstx
04-27-2009, 10:08 AM
I have an aunt that's that way. Always on some kind of antibiotic for something. She's not sick. She's more sick from taking so many antibiotics than if she was off of them. She goes to the dr. every other week it seems.

What happened to the days when you just stayed home and waited for the sickness to do it's thing? Other than hospitals while growing up I can't remember going to the dr. much when I was younger.

That is really strange to get the antibiotics today, not start taking them til Thursday. I've never heard of that before.

justme23
04-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Why would they give him antibiotics and tell her not to start him on them until Thursday???

Probably because nana absolutely INSISTED that he had to have them and instead of arguing or attempting to explain to her (again) why they aren't always necessary, they just gave them to her. Maybe because they think he has a cold (she did say they didn't know what was wrong w/ him) and w/ all this flu stuff they told her to monitor it and if he got worse to give it to him? I don't know... but I can guarandamntee you that he was given that antibiotic the minute she got home w/ him.

jasmine
04-27-2009, 12:18 PM
What happened to the days when you just stayed home and waited for the sickness to do it's thing? Other than hospitals while growing up I can't remember going to the dr. much when I was young

me neither, infact, I don't remember kids getting sick all the time like they do now?

op, your nana has your nephew.
What does your nephews mother say about this?
Does she always take him to the doc. for antibiotics when he seems to be uner-the-weather?
Usually it's nothing if they don't have the fever with it, or just aweful unbearable pain.

ahippiechic
04-27-2009, 12:22 PM
My grandmother raised me and she always thought that antibiotics were the cure for every little sniffle and sneeze too. When I was young the Dr would just give her whatever she asked for but later they would tell her that they did more harm than good when taken too often and that they wouldn't even help a cold etc.

SLance68
04-27-2009, 02:58 PM
I had to get antibiotics when I was a kid but it was only for ear infections. My Mom would make sure that I really needed them before she would ever call the Dr. I couldn't even tell you the last time I took one. I had a Dr. appointment one day to review my blood work and I had a cold - runny nose, sneezing and stuff - my Dr. informed me rather quickly that she would not write a script for Antibiotics and I said - Good there are too many Drs' giving out those things anyway. Funny part was she had a cold too - so we sniffled our way through the paperwork and I went home.

BeanieLuvR
04-27-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm with you. Sick kids belong at home. I don't let mine go out in public to infect other people when they are sick. People at church always thank me when they ask where the kids are and I tell them I had them stay home because they are sick. Before anyone jumps on me for leaving my sick kids home alone they are 21 and 15. lol

Mary Jo
04-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Sick people may belong at home but it doesn't always work that way.
I have been very sick with a respiratory infection and after 3 days of staying home I had to bring in a doctor's note saying I was sick and go back to work or else loose my job.
How stupid is that?

SLance68
04-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Sick people may belong at home but it doesn't always work that way.
I have been very sick with a respiratory infection and after 3 days of staying home I had to bring in a doctor's note saying I was sick and go back to work or else loose my job.
How stupid is that?

I am so thankful that I work for a small company. If one of us is sick the others will send you home - no questions asked. The rule is "your Momma ain't here and we don't share so keep your colds to yourself". I must say that none of us get sick very often which is nice but we still don't want anyone elses germs. You can go home and we will e-mail you if we need you.

meltodd69
04-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Mom use to take us to the Dr at a sneeze lol. She was a single parent and couldn't afford us to get sick, let alone her.
It use to make me sooooooo mad. My sister would get strep throat and I would have to get a shot. I wasn't sick! They said "just incase". What kind of crap is that?

If we were sick we didn't go shopping. Mom was mad she had to miss work. If she had to stay home you could figure you were grounded lol.