PDA

View Full Version : 1994 size 4 - 2009 size 6

buttrfli
04-26-2009, 04:47 PM
I am officially depressed

:(

I had to get my wedding set sized today :hmpf:

It didn't help that the lady at the jewelry store told me that I had "meaty fingers" lol

I told her that her gold was cheap and apparently it shrinks!

iluvmybaby
04-26-2009, 05:12 PM
How disrespectful! As a salesman, she should have never made a derogatory comment like that. If she had treated you nicely, you might have decided to buy some jewelery from her. I worked briefly in a jewelery store and I would never mention anything negative about a customer, I had the highest sales in the store, even higher then women who had worked there 10+ years. I always found the positive in the customers and compliment them genuinely and suggested items that made their fingers look long and lean, even if they had "meaty" fingers

Mini
04-26-2009, 05:18 PM
A size 6 wedding ring is meaty??? I wouldnt take anything she had to say to heart and I wouldnt be to down about it atleast you got to say something back lol

Im sorry that happened to you!

buttrfli
04-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh her comment didn't bother me at all. I got tougher skin than that :D

I am upset that I had to get the ring sized LOL

cpbaby
04-26-2009, 05:37 PM
My pinky finger is larger than a size 6.......... :(

JKATHERINE
04-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Phew! I'm glad you're only talking about ring sizes! I saw the title of the thread and thought some skinny chick was complaining about being a size 6 instead of a size 4! LOL I was about to come and post about my lack of sympathy! ;) Sorry you have "meaty" fingers, Teri! If it's any consolation, my wedding set is a size 8. I hope to someday have to get them downsized to a 6! ;)

LoveBugg
04-26-2009, 05:43 PM
WOW.. if she thinks 6 is meaty lol... She would die if she saw mine.. Dont fret over her hun, people can be mean and cruel.

speedygirl
04-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Yep that's rude. I had a similar situation. I had to have my rings resized a couple years ago. They were a 5.5 in 1984 and I had to get a 4. The jeweler called my fingers bony. It ticks me off when people make insensitive comments.

chib44
04-26-2009, 05:51 PM
what a rude thing to say. I wear a 5 and a size 6 shoe but thats the only thing on me thats little.LOL I would rather have meaty fingers and feet than being chubbley.

April78945
04-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Phew! I'm glad you're only talking about ring sizes! I saw the title of the thread and thought some skinny chick was complaining about being a size 6 instead of a size 4! LOL I was about to come and post about my lack of sympathy! Sorry you have "meaty" fingers, Teri! If it's any consolation, my wedding set is a size 8. I hope to someday have to get them downsized to a 6!

I was thinkng the same thing..I haven't been a size 4 since I WAS 4 LMAO

What a ***** for calling your fingers meaty! My ring finger is a size 9!!

Gherky
04-26-2009, 08:40 PM
I guess I would have felt like giving the saleslady the ol' "meaty finger" salute. :D

PrincessArky
04-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Phew! I'm glad you're only talking about ring sizes! I saw the title of the thread and thought some skinny chick was complaining about being a size 6 instead of a size 4! LOL I was about to come and post about my lack of sympathy! ;) Sorry you have "meaty" fingers, Teri! If it's any consolation, my wedding set is a size 8. I hope to someday have to get them downsized to a 6! ;)

lol thats what I thought too.........heck I wish I were a size 6 ring or other lol

IthinkNOT!
04-26-2009, 08:58 PM
I wear a size 7 ring and shoes. And those are the only things on my body that have ever been a size 7. The ring size doesn't bother me though. What bothers me is that I always thought my moms hands were so beautiful. She always had these long graceful fingers, a size 7 ring also, but she could have been a hand model. I felt ripped off because I got dads short stubby fingers. If a jeweler ever told me my fingers were meaty I would be showing him my favorite meaty finger.

gmyers
04-26-2009, 09:28 PM

Thats what I was thinking too. I was thinking shoot I'd love to be a size six. What in the world is she complaining about.lol

buttrfli
04-27-2009, 04:40 AM

Haha You've seen my pic, you know there is no skinny chick here! :p

I had to cut my ring off :( You should have seen DH chasing me round the house with tin snips! LOL If you had walked in my hose during that episode, you would have called 911! LOL

My fingers have always been thin... they are the ONLY thin thing about me! I even have think hair!

YankeeMary
04-27-2009, 05:55 AM
QUOTE=buttrfli;96152679]Haha You've seen my pic, you know there is no skinny chick here! :p

I had to cut my ring off :( You should have seen DH chasing me round the house with tin snips! LOL If you had walked in my hose during that episode, you would have called 911! LOL

My fingers have always been thin... they are the ONLY thin thing about me! I even have think hair![/QUOTE]

That must be why you are so smart...LOL.

ElleGee
04-27-2009, 06:42 AM
You should have told her her a$$ was meaty.. as well as her head :)

buttrfli
04-27-2009, 09:23 AM
QUOTE=buttrfli;96152679]Haha You've seen my pic, you know there is no skinny chick here! :p

My fingers have always been thin... they are the ONLY thin thing about me! I even have think hair!

That must be why you are so smart...LOL.

touché lol

hotwheelstx
04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
I wear a 7 3/4. I thought that was pretty "meaty". I would call the store and complain. I really would. I've never had a problem getting jewelery fixed, sized or anything else. I've gone down as small as a size 5 in a ring.....no one said a word.

Sorry that happened. I would call the store, complain. That comment was uncalled for. I would of walked out as soon as she said it.

gravittr
04-27-2009, 03:36 PM
I was thinkng the same thing..I haven't been a size 4 since I WAS 4 LMAO

What a ***** for calling your fingers meaty! My ring finger is a size 9!!

i was thinking the same thing