PDA

View Full Version : Nascar fans - don't join or buy from RCCA and returns in general

captorquewrench
04-25-2009, 08:34 PM
I had to contact their service department again. i know they are banking that I won't think a tshirt is worth the hassle of a return, but after years of being given stuff that makes me wonder who the hell my husband (or mom sometimes) was thinking about when he bought it, because it sure wasn't me....i have gotten over qualms on returns.

Except at JC Penney. I'd stick pencils in my eyes before I make an exchange there again. I was given a gift from there. When I went to exchange it, they bounced me around from line to line for an hour, then tried to make me pay for it. Ugh.

But I digress...RCCA sell NASCAR diecast and collectibles. They also have trailers and vendors at the races. My husband got me a "gift" when he was at TMS earlier this month. So...i want to exchange it (what I really want is a refund, but they don't do that according to their policies, and he actually bought from a vendor that has a NO REFUND / EXCHANGE ONLY policy, which is a HUGE HUGE vent in itself!)

So...if you collect that stuff beware of these people! if you are a member, beware of these people and don't be surprised when they yank you around. Actually, I think that is a big part of why they are jerking me around...we're not members. Anyway, here's my support ticket for them.

Message History
My husband bought me a tshirt from your vendor's trailer at Texas Motor speedway at the race earlier this month.

i contacted you for return info & instructions.

I was told my information would be sent to the trailer people and they would contact me.

i called 2 days later because I had not been called. I wanted to make sure my claim and information was not lost or misplaced. I was again told that you would call me.

I have NOT been called. I have been waiting 3 weeks.

I do not like or want this item, as I do not like or wear tshirts and am not a NASCAR fan. I definitely do not like the way your company has given me the brush off.

Please contact me by the close of business on Monday afternoon to offer a reasonable solution for my exchange/return and how you will remedy and compensate for the unacceptable customer service.

Thank you,
Laura @#$%)(*
phone #

Their parent company is BBB member with apparently good ratings. I am sure they do not want to jeopardize that over a return for a measly $15 item return. But I will send it through them if I have to...it's the principle of the matter.

ahippiechic
04-25-2009, 09:03 PM
That sux, but you DO have the worst luck with gifts.

Hope u get it fixed soon, even I know u don't want a Tshirt!

captorquewrench
04-25-2009, 10:16 PM
no, it's not luck. my fraternity brothers are good. people I work with are good. But my husband picks stuff out for me like he's shopping for himself or his mom unless it is something I point out or is on my amazon list. He's not too good about picking for the kids either. I won't talk about courtney's RC helicopter or shaunnessy's bow & arrow...

my mom is another one. she's getting better. But she gets things you go WTH? I finally had to say mom, do you ask yourself if that person would buy that if they had the money to splurge selfishly? Yeah she says and i won't buy it if it's something they would buy. WTF? If they wouldn't buy it then what makes you think they'd want it for a gift? She also told me even when she shops for someone else she also has to like what she buys. Again, WTF? I told her that's dumb, all you should think about it is this something they would choose and buy and would they like it. No one else.

Anyway, Im up late, PMSing, mad about the driveway, etc. Venting. Cookies!

ttistin
04-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Did someone say Cookies?!?!?!? LOL

Sorry about them doing that, hope they get a hold of you and let you return it soon.

captorquewrench
04-26-2009, 12:25 PM
LOL. yeah that cookies thing was random...i had some in the oven and they were starting to get more done than i liked when I was posting.

whatever
04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Sorry, I know its better when you just "tell" them what you want. Or show them a pix. Or H#ll pick it out yourself and have them pay for it. LOL

captorquewrench
04-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Sorry, I know its better when you just "tell" them what you want. Or show them a pix. Or H#ll pick it out yourself and have them pay for it. LOL

for a year or so now he's been really good about checking my amazon list.

And no way on picking out and letting him pay. I hate to shop.

YankeeMary
04-26-2009, 07:53 PM
for a year or so now he's been really good about checking my amazon list.

And no way on picking out and letting him pay. I hate to shop.

Oh blasphemy!!!