PDA

View Full Version : I got a new frig

diana_circe
04-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Pretty, pretty new Whirlpool with ice and water through the door. My reasoning was that we needed a bigger frig, but that was just an excuse to get ice and water through the door. I've always wanted ice and water through the door. Its not the chrome type, but its nice and big, and we got it for only $500 because it was scratch and dent. I'm cheap, and the front looks fine so I don't care that there's a few dings on the side to get it for almost half price.

So now I have this smaller frig, 21 cu ft as opposed to 26 cu ft, in the laundry room that I'm trying to talk Mike into letting me gift on FreeCycle if I can find a small deep freeze. He wants to keep it for beer and pop and my garden stuff I freeze, but its so tall that it seems to take up half my laundry room.

But I'm excited, and just wanted to share :)

ahippiechic
04-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Congrats!

Jenefer3
04-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Congrats!

fleabones3
04-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Awesome.. I have ice and water from the door fridge. Hope you enjoy it

tsquared
04-26-2009, 05:52 AM
That is cool...............Congrats to you

sheila_361
04-26-2009, 07:56 AM
Congrats!!

myspirit
04-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Yay, they are so nice, aren't they. enjoy!!

dinosmom
04-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Congrats.

My fridge was a scratch and dent too....it was dented on the side and that faced a wall so no one knows! I love a good bargain! :)

diana_circe
04-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Congrats.

My fridge was a scratch and dent too....it was dented on the side and that faced a wall so no one knows! I love a good bargain! :)

My family makes fun of me for my deal searching. I don't care. They got a good giggle from me when I got all excited when I realize I had the $2.50/1 Electrosol coups this morning LOL They don't complain too much when they have all kinds of goodies that they normally wouldn't get if I weren't such a deal hunter :)

pepperpot
04-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Congrats!

Isn't it funny that after you get married and have children, the things that will make us 'tickled pink'! Like a bargain on chopmeat or a new fridge! :lol Or even a coupon that gets doubled and used on a sale item! That will make our day.......somehow the effect is lost on a 15yo....:rolling

Congrats again! I love when I get a bargain (and when my friends do too!)!

P.S. I will always go for the floor model/scratch & dent too....with 4 kids, after a week a perfect one will end up looking the same anyway......:agree

diana_circe
04-26-2009, 12:38 PM
I know what you mean! There is very little we don't go for sale or second hand on. I just happened to find that I had two of the $2.50/1 Electrosol coupons and got it for $1 each after the coupon. Of course, I spent plenty of money elsewhere since I had two of the kids with me, but I got 40 washes for $2+tax LOL