PDA

View Full Version : bpl76

hotwheelstx
04-22-2009, 07:01 AM
When my mother passed away in 2006 Pat helped me a lot with the grieving process. We'd talk for hours and email back and forth. She'd been diagnosed with lung cancer last summer. I'd talked to her several times along with emails back/forth.

I haven't heard from her in awhile. Since she'd mention that she was tired, chemo. and radiation were wearing her down. She was diagnosed with lung cancer last year.

I hadn't heard from her in months. I didn't really worry since she'd told me that she wasn't getting on the computer except for maybe every 6 weeks or so.

I started wondering more about her last week. I found her on the internet. She passed away. I will miss her a lot. We'd send care packages back and forth. She really did help me with the death of my mother.

Patricia Scott Lappin, 65, formerly of Elgin, died Oct. 17 at Riverton (Wyo.) Memorial Hospital following a battle with cancer. A private memorial was held at her home. Davis Funeral Home in Riverton was in charge of arrangements.

Patricia was born Feb. 9, 1943, to Norman and Helen Farrell in Scottsbluff, Neb.

She graduated from the University of Wyoming in 1965 with a degree in education. She taught elementary school in Laramie and Rocky Ford, Colo.

Survivors include her father, Norman; brothers, Kim, Norm and Scott; husband, Billie; her two sons, Cory and Jared; five stepchildren, 29 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; numerous nephews and nieces; and other relatives.

She was preceded in death by her mother, Helen.

RIP Pat. I will miss your quirky emails and fun boxes.

jasmine
04-22-2009, 07:22 AM
hugs to you, I am so sorry to hear that.

ElleGee
04-22-2009, 07:29 AM
I am truly sorry about your friend

Kelsey1224
04-22-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm so sorry you lost your friend. HUGS!!!

sheila_361
04-22-2009, 08:44 AM
:hug sorry to hear about your friend

jonette5
04-22-2009, 10:15 AM
So sorry for the loss of your friend. (((((HUGS)))))

ahippiechic
04-22-2009, 10:22 AM
How sad. I had noticed she hadn't posted in awhile but had no clue she was ill.

dinosmom
04-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Oh, so sorry about your friend. HUGS!

BeanieLuvR
04-22-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. From her posts she always seemed so nice.

Jackie_Blu
04-22-2009, 11:32 AM
It breaks my heart to hear this. I had visited with Pat, also. We live in the same state and got acquainted thru chats here. What a wonderful lady she was. I thought of her so often and wondered why she hadnt been on, but she had told me her dh was having some health problems, so I thought maybe that was consuming her time.
She had mentioned to me she was getting a bit worn out and tired feeling, but she thought it was the stress and worry of his medical issues. I had no idea she was ill.
Bless her heart......she was truly one of the best, and I miss her too.:(

Thanks OP for posting this.

tsquared
04-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Such a sad thing to hear when cancer takes the life of a special one.

Mary Jo
04-22-2009, 03:32 PM
I am so sorry.

CLARKS4
04-22-2009, 03:59 PM
So sorry to hear about this :hug

dv8grl
04-22-2009, 05:47 PM
:hug

iluvmybaby
04-22-2009, 06:20 PM
She sounds like she was a beautiful person and a good friend.

jcw
04-22-2009, 10:05 PM
So sorry to hear about this

hotwheelstx
04-23-2009, 03:23 AM
It breaks my heart to hear this. I had visited with Pat, also. We live in the same state and got acquainted thru chats here. What a wonderful lady she was. I thought of her so often and wondered why she hadnt been on, but she had told me her dh was having some health problems, so I thought maybe that was consuming her time.
She had mentioned to me she was getting a bit worn out and tired feeling, but she thought it was the stress and worry of his medical issues. I had no idea she was ill.
Bless her heart......she was truly one of the best, and I miss her too.:(

Thanks OP for posting this.

She was really a wonderful person. Even with the age difference we had she still was there for me daily after my mother passed away. She even sent flowers, called me almost everyday for the first 3 months. I will truly miss her wit and her stories about pigs, her sons, children.

PrincessArky
04-23-2009, 06:11 AM
oh how sad that we have lost yet another special person