PDA

View Full Version : Daughter stealing

xsweetestx
04-20-2009, 08:39 PM
My daughter is 39 and is on different kinds of pills...My 2 little ones are on Ritilin and Clonidine...We have had problems in the past with her stealing some on these so had to lock them up...Well today I was so PO cause there running way low,Doc on vacation till next wk and these kids not having enough pills till he gets back...(My 8 yr wont sleep unless he takes his meds) and she was aware of this...I always keep a few in my purse just in case and she seen them in there and begged for them and I said F no I just was telling you were running low so we go to the store and when i got home I went to get them and there gone!!!!!!! I freaked and started cryin and told hubby she took them..I called her and of course she denied it and we had a few choice words and I hung up...She called again and I told her she is never welcome here and Im getting the police involved...I called the police and she said nothing can be done cause I didnt see her...So in the morning Im calling a officer that I know and ask him what i can do cause she has really put my kids health at risk..I want her in jail!!!!My 8 yr old is her Bio son but I got him at 3 mths cause of drugs and he has so many problems from the drugs and Im so afraid now with no meds cause of going off them cold turkey it will mess his health up...My 10 yr isnt as bad as he is but still needs her meds...I was told they could go into seizures-convulsion...Im so afraid for my kids and really dont no what to do...Im so PO right now I just want to go over and hurt her..Sorry for this long vent but have to talk to someone......TY

ilovecats
04-20-2009, 08:44 PM
So sorry to hear this.Obviously she shouldn't be allowed in your home again(I assume you know this).Maybe if you bring the police report to the doctor they will give you a new prescription?I have no experience with something like this,just offering some support.Good luck!

pepperpot
04-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Is it possible you can speak with your pharmacist? Maybe he can help you out with a few for the young kids? *Even if they have to go there for every dosage*

atprm
04-20-2009, 08:49 PM
call the dr's office and ask the nurse or PA if something can be called in, if only temporary, to the pharmacy directly.

Eyore
04-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Call the doctors office and explain to the nurses what happened. A doctor on call might have you bring them in and give you enough till your doctor gets back. If that doesn't work go to the ER with your bottles and children and explain to them and see if they can't give you enough to get you through.
Otherwise all I can suggest is to cut there dose back some to stretch it out till there doctor is back.
I also wouldn't let you daughter back in the house. If she has a key to your house I would change the locks.

LadyEm
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
There should be someone filling in at their ped's office that can at least get you access to the meds until the regular doctor returns, esp. if the past history is known. Those are a few of the meds that are strictly monitored. If you can't get extra meds, have everything written down and take them to the ER at the first sign of withdrawals. I know I'm not offering a great solution. Watch for any increase in temp, heart rate, sweating, or confusion. I've watched my brother go through withdrawals and it's not pleasant (and was his doing, not an innocent bystander like your little ones). As for your daughter, remember your little ones need you more than ever! Best wishes for no problems experienced!

gmyers
04-20-2009, 09:09 PM
If someone is filling in for your doctor tell them what happened and maybe they can give you samples or a prescription to tide you over. Or just enough pills to last till you can get the medicine filled again. If I was you I'd buy one of those metal boxes you can lock and keep them there and I wouldn't leave your daughter alone when she comes over again if I had to follow her to the bathroom. I'm sorry you and the children are going through what you are.

speedygirl
04-20-2009, 09:27 PM
We have people calling our office occasionally saying their meds are stolen. All they have to do is have to get a police report saying they were stolen. Once we have that, they can get enough to tide them over until the next refill. You don't have to have the name of the person who stole them. People don't always know the thief. Just tell them that you want a report stating the meds were stolen from your purse.

jasmine
04-20-2009, 09:32 PM
the meds that she mentioned that her children are taking are narcotics, you can not get them without a prescription, and you can not ask for more because they are only legally allowed to give you only one prescription at a time, a month worth at a time... atleast that's the way it is here.
My DD is on Concerta, I chose that instead of ritalin... for health/side affect reasons. I know that with her medication that I can quit at any given time because it is non-addictive, I just basically have to deal with her acting out ect....
I would suggest maybe giving them half a pill a day to make it stretch, but they say that that is a big no no. Do the children go to a phychiatric doctor to be monitored for there medication? If so, that is who I would call and tell them what is going on, and ask them specifically what will happen/what harm it will do to them to not have there meds untill you are issued another prescription. Is this for ADD, ADHD?? If so, I am sure you know how the children act when they do not have there medication, and this just might be a time to where you will have to deal with it untill they get more~~ from experience dealing with that I give hugs to you!! You can do it.

jasmine
04-20-2009, 09:34 PM
We have people calling our office occasionally saying their meds are stolen. All they have to do is have to get a police report saying they were stolen. Once we have that, they can get enough to tide them over until the next refill. You don't have to have the name of the person who stole them. People don't always know the thief. Just tell them that you want a report stating the meds were stolen from your purse.

oh, I didn't know that!

speedygirl
04-20-2009, 09:41 PM
the meds that she mentioned that her children are taking are narcotics, you can not get them without a prescription, and you can not ask for more because they are only legally allowed to give you only one prescription at a time, a month worth at a time... atleast that's the way it is here.
My DD is on Concerta, I chose that instead of ritalin... for health/side affect reasons. I know that with her medication that I can quit at any given time because it is non-addictive, I just basically have to deal with her acting out ect....
I would suggest maybe giving them half a pill a day to make it stretch, but they say that that is a big no no. Do the children go to a phychiatric doctor to be monitored for there medication? If so, that is who I would call and tell them what is going on, and ask them specifically what will happen/what harm it will do to them to not have there meds untill you are issued another prescription. Is this for ADD, ADHD?? If so, I am sure you know how the children act when they do not have there medication, and this just might be a time to where you will have to deal with it untill they get more~~ from experience dealing with that I give hugs to you!! You can do it.

I know they are narcotics. I deal with this as I am an RN. I have had to file the DEA reports. They can be replaced once a police report is filed and entered into the patients file. The MD then has a copy to present the DEA if questioned. These are considered extenuating circumstances and the normal protocol is not carried out due to the nature of the problem. The DEA keeps the file and if this happens repeatedly with the same patient, they investigate.

speedygirl
04-20-2009, 09:43 PM
oh, I didn't know that!
That's okay, most people don't have to deal with it and don't have any idea. :)

xsweetestx
04-21-2009, 07:08 AM
After alot of praying for my kids to be ok without there meds I got a call at 9 this morning and as I write this my son is at the doctors!!!!!!My daughter goes at 12:30 !!!...As far as my disowned daughter Im waiting for a friend of mine that is a police to call me or stop over to give me some advice on charges...Im not backing down this time.....Im out for revenge and wont stop till she gets in trouble...TYTYTY all for all the advice....HAve a great day...Smiling today & not crying lol:rules

CLARKS4
04-21-2009, 08:08 AM
So glad you could get him in with the DR. :hug the rest of the day is gonna be good.

xsweetestx
04-21-2009, 02:40 PM
TY Everyone...They got all refills and back on track here finally..Police said nothing I can do cause I didnt see her so he said Linda go back to tough love and dont allow her here so thats what were doing....I disown her and she knows this...Im sticking to my guns this time...TY again for listening to me vent....

SLance68
04-21-2009, 03:01 PM
I hope you have called the locksmith and had your locks changed. I am glad that you were able to get the meds your children needed without having the police report. I would suggest the next time she shows up call the police and have her trespass warranted off of your property.

msginna
04-21-2009, 03:24 PM
I know you are sooooooooooooooooooooo very angry at her right now and with every right. She is being irrisponsible, not thinking of anyone but herself, and what it seems to me but a drug addict or close to it. I watch a show called intervention where DEEPLY disturbed people get help by there family and interventionists. They are on the verg of being disowned because of their behavior. And it usually is illegal to get what they want to get doped/ drank/ or what ever they need to get high. They have let their family down and it has become dangerous.

YES you do need to think of your babies and you DO need to lock up her meds and do need to not let her in the house ect if that is what it takes to keep the drugs from her. I do suggest you TELL her as long as she is doing the drugs she cant come around. BUT I do suggest that you TELL her that when she does get clean SHE CAN come AROUND.... THAT SHE ISN'T BANNISHED FROM YOUR LIFE PERMENETLY ... just until she gets herself together and away from the drugs and into some help. THIS JUST DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A PERMENENT DEAL BREAKER

gmyers
04-21-2009, 03:44 PM
TY Everyone...They got all refills and back on track here finally..Police said nothing I can do cause I didnt see her so he said Linda go back to tough love and dont allow her here so thats what were doing....I disown her and she knows this...Im sticking to my guns this time...TY again for listening to me vent....

Glad you got to get their medicine again. Maybe what you're doing will give your daughter a wake up call. I hope so for her and your family too.

Renrut
04-21-2009, 04:16 PM
My son is on Concerta which is considered controlled. A couple years ago I had sevreal people over and his bottle came up missing. I didn't have a clue on who it was but filed a police report and took that to the doctors office. I had no problems getting what I was supposed to have.

jasmine
04-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I know you are sooooooooooooooooooooo very angry at her right now and with every right. She is being irrisponsible, not thinking of anyone but herself, and what it seems to me but a drug addict or close to it. I watch a show called intervention where DEEPLY disturbed people get help by there family and interventionists. They are on the verg of being disowned because of their behavior. And it usually is illegal to get what they want to get doped/ drank/ or what ever they need to get high. They have let their family down and it has become dangerous.

YES you do need to think of your babies and you DO need to lock up her meds and do need to not let her in the house ect if that is what it takes to keep the drugs from her. I do suggest you TELL her as long as she is doing the drugs she cant come around. BUT I do suggest that you TELL her that when she does get clean SHE CAN come AROUND.... THAT SHE ISN'T BANNISHED FROM YOUR LIFE PERMENETLY ... just until she gets herself together and away from the drugs and into some help. THIS JUST DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A PERMENENT DEAL BREAKER

sorry, just couldn't hit the thanks button enough!!

I agree, the poor girl needs help, you can give her tough love, and even be there for her and help her get help (of course, if she wants it....). But being banished by your own mother could be deathly devestating.
I hope you two can get it worked out sometime and become close again.

LadyEm
04-21-2009, 11:24 PM
I think emotions are running high at this point, and alot of things are said out of anger. Permanent banishment probably isn't the true intention; however there does come a point that no more can be done. If she is a true addict, then she can take the whole family down with her if unchecked. Sometimes the best love is the hardest to give. What mother looks at her infant and sees a future addict? No one! But enabling the addict my allowing full family access really doesn't help anyone involved.

I hope that your blood pressure has come down. I'm very happy that an easy solution was reached, and I think that sticking to your guns (at least short term) is a great idea. Some people have to hit rock bottom before starting the long journey back up, and what is lower than losing all fam contact???

Hate the behaviors, not the person. Your daughter is still in there. Best of luck in dealing with an impossible situation!

April78945
04-22-2009, 08:39 AM
When you steal medicaion from your own child (the child is hers but was taken away because she is an addict correct?) knowing the risk of the child being without the medicatons, you stop being a human.
I'd disown her too.

jasmine
04-22-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't know, I still say to dis-own your own blood child, you gave birth to, raised etc. etc... is a little harsh, I could see breaking off communication and doing the tough love theory, but how can your own mother disown you~no matter what! You still love them, even though they are being bumtards. ???????

SLance68
04-22-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't know, I still say to dis-own your own blood child, you gave birth to, raised etc. etc... is a little harsh, I could see breaking off communication and doing the tough love theory, but how can your own mother disown you~no matter what! You still love them, even though they are being bumtards. ???????

I am guessing you have never had to deal with a drug addict. There is tough love for a PITA teenager then there is get out of my life and don't come back until you are clean drug addict. The problem with dealing with an addict is it is always your fault that they are an addict and you will be blamed for their problems. Until the addict has hit rock bottom and is ready to change there is not helping them. If you try to help them and they are not ready for change you are just enabling them by your actions. Drop them like a bad habit and hope they make it through but you must stop the enabling - no two ways about it. Sorry if this comes off as harsh but it is a BTDT thing and unless you have seen it first hand it seems very rough and harsh but it is the only thing that works. The OP needs to worry about the children in her home, herself and her DH (not sure if she has one just guessing) and let her daughter grow up and deal with her problems that she (daughter) has created.

msmom79
04-22-2009, 10:23 PM
i went through this-i had a problem with my xanax being taken-i dont use it alot,but it was being stolen-i talked to an officer,and here's what he suggested to me.
get a purse,that has double zipper tabs,and a small lock,put the meds in the purse pull both tabs together and lock it with the lock,and keep the key in your pocket,or a safe place.
this way if yur daugher is in the house,she cannot get to the meds-this has worked for me-and you can also keep your money and jewlery from being stolen by doing this-this is some great advice,that this officer gave me-it truly works-give it a try.so glad everything worked out for the kids and you.

YankeeMary
04-23-2009, 09:01 AM
sorry, just couldn't hit the thanks button enough!!

I agree, the poor girl needs help, you can give her tough love, and even be there for her and help her get help (of course, if she wants it....). But being banished by your own mother could be deathly devestating.I hope you two can get it worked out sometime and become close again.

At this point who cares how devastated she is??? I mean give me a freaking break. Tell this to the little 8 year old being raised by is "grandmother" because of decisions this 39 year old woman made. His life is forever changed because of her. Was he thought about when she was pregant and drugs were being used? Was he thought about when he was born with health issues that will affect his life forever? When will he be made top priority?

I think the OP is right on track doing what is right for these underaged children. The children are what matter!!! Not this adult woman. Good word she already caused him issues in the future, dang at least leave his freaking medicine alone so he can get a goods night sleep.

OP I wish you the best. I know your decision wasn't easily made. You are a good person and I pray it all works out for you and yours. HUGS!!!

azwup05
04-23-2009, 12:02 PM
At this point who cares how devastated she is??? I mean give me a freaking break. Tell this to the little 8 year old being raised by is "grandmother" because of decisions this 39 year old woman made. His life is forever changed because of her. Was he thought about when she was pregant and drugs were being used? Was he thought about when he was born with health issues that will affect his life forever? When will he be made top priority?

I think the OP is right on track doing what is right for these underaged children. The children are what matter!!! Not this adult woman. Good word she already caused him issues in the future, dang at least leave his freaking medicine alone so he can get a goods night sleep.

OP I wish you the best. I know your decision wasn't easily made. You are a good person and I pray it all works out for you and yours. HUGS!!!

Here is the main issue. The minor children. My sister in-law died from a drug overdose about 8 years ago at 43. I had known her since I was 13, and she was always into something. She had stolen cash from my husband and I, and our wedding rings and other jewelry. From her own mother, she stole several credit cards and her meds. There was no way that we could not file charges, but even with her turning herself in, nothing came from it. She was never allowed to be around my children, because I knew what could happen. I found out she was selling presciption drugs in order to buy heroin. When she couldn't pay her dealer, she was nearly beat to deathand dropped off at my house.I could not let her stay. When someone is an addict like that, you never know the whole story. They will do whatever they need to do, to get whatever it is they are hooked on. The OP has every right to make the choice she has made. I miss my sister in-law immensely, because there were some good memories. But children should not be put at risk like this.

xsweetestx
04-23-2009, 07:00 PM
My daughter has cause much hell in our lives its crazy..Her drugs are No.1 !!!!!!We have always tried to be there for her and not anymore...I have no use for her and she isnt allowed here...She has my 6 yr old grandbaby and he wants to stay with me but she is being a B and saying I will never see him again..Well I just ignored that cause she has said it before...Im in for alot of problems now tho..I called PS and there going to investagate her and B/F and he is my grandsons dad...Mom gave her rights up 2 yrs ago to this baby and dad and her are still together..dad takes alot of Vicondin so his azz is gonna be busted when they drop him..Dad knows mom isnt to be living there so Im not for sure what will happen...I do know when PS shows up they wont open the door but PS is going to go to the school and talk to the boy and he will tell everything lol!!!! But I know she will be over here and busting out my van windows cause she knows my van is my baby also...Im not afraid of her unless she is on the crack...wild woman...wants to kill....So we have to be on our toes 24/7 for awhile...as far a ones on here not understanding this I guess you have to be around a crackhead to understand...Its very easy for me to do this...Out of 3 kids I am raising 2 and the 3rd I raised him for 3 yrs cause the state was involved..When she signed off they allowed dad to have him...Big Mistake...The stealing of my kids meds was the end....Im 55 and have 5 kids right now to raise..17-10-8-5-3-3 and most likely my grandson 6 will be removed and placed here...Not an easy job but with the Lords help Im doing it....TY everyone for all the info....and for understanding and letting me vent.....

YankeeMary
04-23-2009, 07:24 PM
My daughter has cause much hell in our lives its crazy..Her drugs are No.1 !!!!!!We have always tried to be there for her and not anymore...I have no use for her and she isnt allowed here...She has my 6 yr old grandbaby and he wants to stay with me but she is being a B and saying I will never see him again..Well I just ignored that cause she has said it before...Im in for alot of problems now tho..I called PS and there going to investagate her and B/F and he is my grandsons dad...Mom gave her rights up 2 yrs ago to this baby and dad and her are still together..dad takes alot of Vicondin so his azz is gonna be busted when they drop him..Dad knows mom isnt to be living there so Im not for sure what will happen...I do know when PS shows up they wont open the door but PS is going to go to the school and talk to the boy and he will tell everything lol!!!! But I know she will be over here and busting out my van windows cause she knows my van is my baby also...Im not afraid of her unless she is on the crack...wild woman...wants to kill....So we have to be on our toes 24/7 for awhile...as far a ones on here not understanding this I guess you have to be around a crackhead to understand...Its very easy for me to do this...Out of 3 kids I am raising 2 and the 3rd I raised him for 3 yrs cause the state was involved..When she signed off they allowed dad to have him...Big Mistake...The stealing of my kids meds was the end....Im 55 and have 5 kids right now to raise..17-10-8-5-3-3 and most likely my grandson 6 will be removed and placed here...Not an easy job but with the Lords help Im doing it....TY everyone for all the info....and for understanding and letting me vent.....

I can't imagine how you are keeping it all together. So sad that you can't even get a chance to "mourn" the relationship you and your dd should have. Instead you get to raise her children, worry about them, and worry about her "getting back" at you. I will say an extra prayer for you tonight. I know it can't be easy. HUGS!!!