PDA

View Full Version : Monkey attacks girl at park

Jenefer3
04-20-2009, 07:43 AM
SALEM, Ore. -- A man's pet monkey bit a 6-year-old girl at a Salem park Saturday, according to the girl's family.

The Taylor family said a man and his pet monkey were attracting plenty of attention on a park bench at Riverfront Park on Front Street Northeast when 6-year-old Serena Taylor walked toward the monkey.

"It just hopped on my face," Serena said.

Amanda Botnen, Serena's aunt, said the man never warned her niece to stay away and never told her the monkey may bite.

"Before I could prevent it, the monkey lunged at her and grabbed a hold of her hair and started scratching," Botnen said. "I grabbed her as quickly as I could and tried to pull her away, but it still had a hold of her hair."

Botnen said the monkey bit Serena under her left eye and left two puncture marks.

Pilar Taylor, Serena's mother, said she confronted the man, but claims he told her it was her daughter's fault.

"All he could say is that it didn't like girls (and) it wasn't his fault," Taylor said.

Taylor called police, but the man left the park before officers could arrive. The Taylor family took Serena to an urgent care facility, where doctors gave her antibiotics for the bite. The Taylors said they're worried the monkey may have diseases and they want the animal tested.

"I want to know what my daughter could have possibly gotten from this monkey," Taylor said.

The family took a photo at the park that showed the diaper-wearing monkey sitting on the owner's arm.

A report has been filed with the Salem Police Department. The Taylors have asked anyone who may be able to identify the owner to call local law enforcement.

http://www.kptv.com/2009/0420/19227783_240X180.jpg

Not sure what's on the back of that monkey....maybe wings? If so, Hippie watch out!