PDA

View Full Version : Alex’s Lemonade Stand - register for your stand/kit and help children with cancer

peggy353
04-13-2009, 09:41 AM
http://www.alexslemonade.org/k12

Returning for its second consecutive year, Operation Lemonade 2009 is a special opportunity for K12 families to get involved with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer (ALSF). In a successful event last year, K12 families from across the country participated in Operation Lemonade, raising over $100,000. This is your chance to hold a lemonade stand and join the fight against childhood cancer, one cup at a time.

ALSF emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of cancer patient, Alexandra “Alex” Scott, and has since transformed into a national volunteer movement carrying on her legacy of hope. Alex created a fun and easy way to help others and believed that every single donation was a valuable contribution to the battle.

This year you have the opportunity to be a part of ALSF’s annual fundraising weekend, appropriately dubbed, Lemonade Days. From Friday, June 12th to Sunday, June 14th over $1 million will be raised for childhood cancer research through thousands of lemonade stands held across the country. K12 has set a goal of hosting 1,000 lemonade stands—we hope you will join us!

To register your lemonade stand, simply follow this link to the registration page. Choose K12 Operation Lemonade as the type of stand from the drop down menu. Once you are registered, you will receive an email from your lemonade stand coach, the ALSF staff member who can help you prepare for Lemonade Days. In mid-May, you will also receive a special Lemonade Days kit. Please register by May 1st to ensure receipt of your kit.

We can’t wait to welcome you to Operation Lemonade 2009! Register today and start making a difference in the lives of children touched by cancer everywhere!

Jenefer3
04-13-2009, 09:45 AM
I hope that if people sign up for this that they actually go through with it since it is to raise money for childhood cancer. Would be pretty bad if a bunch of people signed up to just get a freebie and then ALSF can't reach their goal.

newsies
04-14-2009, 10:45 AM
I think this is really only intended for kids who are in K12 like my son is. Last year what we got for our lemonade stand was a T-Shirt that said K12 on it, and a banner for at the stand. It is a great cause.

Tracy0229
04-16-2009, 06:53 PM
I signed up for the last two "free promotions" the Alex campaign had. Its been like a year or so and I still haven't received my shoelaces or my water bottle.

I have, however, received crazy amounts of spam from non-profit organizations.

I think its just some opportunistic people who are using something as serious as a child's cancer to pull heartstrings to get people's email addresses.

The kid's probably not even sick.