PDA

View Full Version : it just helps to vent

buglebe
04-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I just need to complain a little. I know my grown children are tired of hearing it. I try not to complain too much because no one likes a complainer. And I know when there are people with such bigger problems that I am so so lucky to have a roof over my head that is paid for and we are not hungry and I don't have little kids to try to raise because mine are grown. But...
I still have problems that are problems to me.
My husband, bless his heart, sometimes he drives me crazy. We are both home now as he has been medically retired since 85 because of a brain injury and I retired several yrs ago before age 65 because of health reasons.
He was a very smart man and will not accept that he isn't as smart anymore unless he doesn't want to do something. Then he points to his head and says he can't do it.
He took the blade off the $600 Honda lawnmower that our son gave us 5 yrs ago when he was making good money (he was in a car wreck and no longer works) and he put the blade back on backwards. This bent something, the crank shaft or drive shaft or something. I took it to have it repaired. They said they would only charge me $29 to tell me it couldn't be fixed.
He took a bill I had written the check for out of the mailbox and hid it because he wanted to wait until his paycheck came. I pay the bills. I know we had enough to cover it. He knows very little about our finances. I just found it today, late now , of course.
Almost everytime he goes out he lets the dog out. My 5 yr old grandchild can go out the front door without letting the dog out but my husband can't. To top it off he says it's ok for him to be out. He's a min pin and it's not ok for him to be out the front door, he has a whole back yard to play in.
We went out to eat with our son and his wife and he showed our son where he thought a $2. mistake had been made on the bill just with the adding. My son agreed. When we got home he told me about it. I said did you tell the waitress or the check out clerk so it could be corrected. He said no I didn't want to complain!!!!
Now he is trying to fix a corroded 99 cent flashlight. He is a pack rat and will get stuff out of the trash and hide it in the garage. Usually there is a good reason why I put stuff in the trash.
He does do very helpful things for me too. He washes the clothes because the washer and dryer are down stairs. I just have to sort them. And believe me it is a huge help to have someone wash them and put them away. He does run some errands. He is good to me.
But it is tough. My hct is 28 and my wbc count is 2.2 due to chemo that I have been taking for Crohns. I feel so tired and exhausted all the time. I also have fibro and several other health problems that I won't go into again.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Everyone have a Happy Easter!

vicky122
04-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Sometimes just sitting down and writing about it helps the vent. Hope things get better for you.

WendyLou75
04-11-2009, 02:41 PM
I have nothing to say here... :( Bless your heart... :hug

I just need to complain a little. I know my grown children are tired of hearing it. I try not to complain too much because no one likes a complainer. And I know when there are people with such bigger problems that I am so so lucky to have a roof over my head that is paid for and we are not hungry and I don't have little kids to try to raise because mine are grown. But...
I still have problems that are problems to me.
My husband, bless his heart, sometimes he drives me crazy. We are both home now as he has been medically retired since 85 because of a brain injury and I retired several yrs ago before age 65 because of health reasons.
He was a very smart man and will not accept that he isn't as smart anymore unless he doesn't want to do something. Then he points to his head and says he can't do it.
He took the blade off the $600 Honda lawnmower that our son gave us 5 yrs ago when he was making good money (he was in a car wreck and no longer works) and he put the blade back on backwards. This bent something, the crank shaft or drive shaft or something. I took it to have it repaired. They said they would only charge me $29 to tell me it couldn't be fixed.
He took a bill I had written the check for out of the mailbox and hid it because he wanted to wait until his paycheck came. I pay the bills. I know we had enough to cover it. He knows very little about our finances. I just found it today, late now , of course.
Almost everytime he goes out he lets the dog out. My 5 yr old grandchild can go out the front door without letting the dog out but my husband can't. To top it off he says it's ok for him to be out. He's a min pin and it's not ok for him to be out the front door, he has a whole back yard to play in.
We went out to eat with our son and his wife and he showed our son where he thought a $2. mistake had been made on the bill just with the adding. My son agreed. When we got home he told me about it. I said did you tell the waitress or the check out clerk so it could be corrected. He said no I didn't want to complain!!!!
Now he is trying to fix a corroded 99 cent flashlight. He is a pack rat and will get stuff out of the trash and hide it in the garage. Usually there is a good reason why I put stuff in the trash.
He does do very helpful things for me too. He washes the clothes because the washer and dryer are down stairs. I just have to sort them. And believe me it is a huge help to have someone wash them and put them away. He does run some errands. He is good to me.
But it is tough. My hct is 28 and my wbc count is 2.2 due to chemo that I have been taking for Crohns. I feel so tired and exhausted all the time. I also have fibro and several other health problems that I won't go into again.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Everyone have a Happy Easter!

gmyers
04-11-2009, 03:00 PM
It does help to vent sometimes. I really hope your health improves. I'm going to pray that it does. You deserve to feel better and I really hope you do. As for husbands, we love them but they can also drive us nuts sometimes. Nothing wrong with feeling that way.

SLance68
04-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Sorry your DH is driving you nuts. Have you considered using on line bill pay and just not giving your DH the password? I know that really isn't honest but at least the bills would get paid. Sending you hugs.

April78945
04-11-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm sorry...mn drive us nuts sometimes! If you need a laugh...I was calling you all sorts of names before I realized your dh didn't retire when he WAS 85, but in the YEAR 1985. I was like, "WTF you expect, he's like 100!!!!" LMAO

Anyway...sorry your having a rough time. Vent away! ((hugs))

tngirl
04-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Chin up bugle, I know how those men drive us crazy. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

pepperpot
04-11-2009, 06:18 PM
I know how you feel....they are good men, we love them but they can drive us f'n nuts! :hug

I hope things are better tomorrow....:hug

BeanieLuvR
04-11-2009, 07:40 PM
:hug :hug :hug :hug

iluvmybaby
04-11-2009, 08:27 PM
I am not sure what state you are in, but there are programs for adult with brain injuries. Maybe you can call your local department of human services and ask. If your husband gets SS and the reason is a brain injury, he would most likely qualify. TN has Easter Seals, they do around the clock care and they as do PT care, like they come in 3 times a week and check on the client etc. It wouldnt hurt to ask, even if they can only visit once a week it would give you time to eat, relax, rest or even just run to pay the bills