PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever

Jackie_Blu
04-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Done something really crappy in hopes of having it blamed on someone else, then a friend, who knew what you had done, "threw you under the bus", and fessed up?

speedygirl
04-09-2009, 12:47 PM
No because it always comes back to haunt you. You reap what you sow. I'd be too ashamed to tell someone that I did something malicious. People can't be trusted, especially when they have something to hang over your head. It's not worth it.

whatever
04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Me neither. My dh tells me I'm no good at keeping secrets. LOL GOOD or BAD.
And I'm not. And I just say whats on my mind. LOL
Thats one of the reason I'm terrible at Christmas time too.

atprm
04-09-2009, 01:07 PM
nope! why hide -- I am not one to mince words, nor am I to hide behind a false username. If I have something to say, I just say it. I have no regrets for anything I have done, and for anyone that I have "stepped on" in my past, I have made appropriate reparations.

I have absolutely no difficulty in taking responsibility for my actions, but will NEVER accept responsibility for things which I have not done.

It is not my belief that sleeping dogs need to be woken up -- life's way too short for stupid schit.

Would I ever throw a true friend under the bus? Absolutely NEVER. (that is not to say that I would hold the same feelings for family members -- they dig their own graves.) LOL

Kelsey1224
04-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Done something really crappy in hopes of having it blamed on someone else, then a friend, who knew what you had done, "threw you under the bus", and fessed up?

Oh heaven's I hope not. I think that is really vile for someone to do something horrible in the hopes that someone else is blamed.

atprm
04-09-2009, 01:34 PM
No because it always comes back to haunt you. You reap what you sow. I'd be too ashamed to tell someone that I did something malicious. People can't be trusted, especially when they have something to hang over your head. It's not worth it.

I wanted to give you thanks for this post -- but I can't.

LOL

because I agree with most of what you said except for the part highlighted in red.

If you don't live your life in such a fashion that would cause a malicious outcome, then you should hold no shame for things you have done or failed to do.

I think people can be trusted as well -- obviously not everyone

jasmine
04-09-2009, 01:47 PM

k, so I'll be the first to fess up, YEP!! But WAAAAY BACK in my childhood days. Now I am 35, and wouldn't even think of something soooo immature and dishonest.

speedygirl
04-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I wanted to give you thanks for this post -- but I can't.

LOL

because I agree with most of what you said except for the part highlighted in red.

If you don't live your life in such a fashion that would cause a malicious outcome, then you should hold no shame for things you have done or failed to do.

I think people can be trusted as well -- obviously not everyone

I wouldn't live my life that way. It's a rhetorical statement on how someone should feel if they did something underhanded. :)

YankeeMary
04-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Jackie_blu, I love you...hehe. You are so sweet.

atprm
04-09-2009, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't live my life that way. It's a rhetorical statement on how someone should feel if they did something underhanded. :)

well then I can give thanks for that then. LOL

smoooooooooch

diana_circe
04-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I am that one person that rarely does anything wrong, but when I finally get the guts to do it I get busted and busted hard. I learned very young that if its something you can get in trouble for, or if it'll hurt someone, just forget it. Someone else might get away with it, but I'll get in trouble for it. Or lose a friend over it. Whatever. Its just not worth it.

Jackie_Blu
04-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Jackie_blu, I love you...hehe. You are so sweet.

I love you too, Mary :hug

buttrfli
04-09-2009, 04:49 PM
If I do something crappy to someone I dang sure want the credit for it.

YankeeMary
04-09-2009, 04:57 PM

:slap

ahippiechic
04-09-2009, 05:23 PM

No kidding. If I dislike you enough to do some bad crap to you, then I want the credit for all that work! http://myhippiespace.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/evilhands.gif

http://myhippiespace.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/voodoo1.gif

Jenefer3
04-09-2009, 05:32 PM
No kidding. If I dislike you enough to do some bad crap to you, then I want the credit for all that work! http://myhippiespace.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/evilhands.gif

http://myhippiespace.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/voodoo1.gif

omg, your little smiley is so cute making a cute little gingerbread man

I think if you go out of your way to do bad crap to people on a constant basis just because you get some kind of perverse joy out of it, then you need to seek professional help.

buttrfli
04-09-2009, 06:36 PM
omg, your little smiley is so cute making a cute little gingerbread man

after staring at it for 5 minutes, I think its a voodoo doll?

atprm
04-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I thought it was a gingerbread man too and in my mind I am hearing "not my gumdrop buttons" LOL

YankeeMary
04-09-2009, 07:29 PM
I thought it was a gingerbread man too and in my mind I am hearing "not my gumdrop buttons" LOL

Do you know the muffin man?

atprm
04-09-2009, 07:44 PM
LOL... Does Gracie have that movie??

YankeeMary
04-09-2009, 07:47 PM
LOL... Does Gracie have that movie??

Yes she has all three. And we have watched all 3 numerous times.

atprm
04-09-2009, 08:21 PM
LOL...

it's funny to see the "stages" --

like oldest DD was fanatical about Jungle Book (watched it over and over and over)
middle DD was fanatical about Swan Princess (same thing over and over and over)
youngest DD was fanatical about Lion King (and Barney) ...

galeane29
04-30-2009, 06:56 AM

No, I've never done this. Why try to hurt others and why do people feel the need to make others hurt to make themselves feel better? It has never made sense to me. I've had a good friend 'thrown under the bus' for the selfish 'wants' of a former friend of theirs. Sad, very sad! I've also seen others blamed for things they did not do , why, because the f'er was BORED! What's up with that?

speedygirl
04-30-2009, 10:39 AM
No, I've never done this. Why try to hurt others and why do people feel the need to make others hurt to make themselves feel better? It has never made sense to me. I've had a good friend 'thrown under the bus' for the selfish 'wants' of a former friend of theirs. Sad, very sad! I've also seen others blamed for things they did not do , why, because the f'er was BORED! What's up with that?

Yep, I sadly know one or two of those. I can't understand what the payoff is for the person hurting others. If that behavior is what it takes to make them feel powerful or good, they definitely need some help and heavy duty meds.