PDA

View Full Version : Afterparty Party

Corinna
04-08-2009, 07:58 PM
I am so mad. I signed up for the South Beach Party and didn't get accepted. Tonight I got an email that said that I hadn't invited my guest to my party. I went and checked it out and it was an afterparty party.
An online party with no package. How do they expect people to invite friends to such a stupid thing.

JKATHERINE
04-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Same here. I'm not inviting people to that! What do they think, that I'm going to advertise for free? That's the whole point of the house parties--they "pay" us with goodies and we tout their products. There's no way I'm going to go advertise for South Beach and get nothing in return. Fahhggggetaboutit!

Heidi
04-08-2009, 08:14 PM
I got that too. I was all excited for a second because I thought maybe I actually got in on a party. Then when it said no package I was like huh? Why would they have us invite people for no party?

atprm
04-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I didn't even try for that one, but did get that email for the werther's candy party.

so far I haven't done any houseparties in 2009...

and I didn't apply to very many -- kind of like that Ford or Dodge truck one... what kind of party could you possibly have for a TRUCK? LOL

Renrut
04-08-2009, 08:36 PM
I emailed them about it and got a fast response. it is something new they are trying out. basically it's a party after the event is over.

It's optional and will allow you to get special coupons and offers from the company sponsoring it. I didn't join cause I don't like their products.

Corinna
04-08-2009, 08:38 PM
I have applied for every party so far and have not got one in a very long time.
I think they have done the afterparty thing just to keep advertising. I'm not going to do it either. I didn't sign up for it so forget it.

hblueeyes
04-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Those parties are a pain. I and my friends have get togethers all the time and usually work on a theme. So this was great for me but then they started where you MUST invite them thru their site and I got many complaints from my guests about the long process and all the info they wanted just to confirm. If I am hosting, fine be nosey, ask away but my guests did not appreciate it since they were not being hosts. We are somewhat an anti gov group that are conservative yet a bit liberal who do not like gov intervention and business collecting data. So I guess no more house parties for me.

Me

atprm
04-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I used printed invitations for the ones that I did -- unless they have recently changed it.

dangerousfem
04-09-2009, 09:23 AM
I got that too. I was all excited for a second because I thought maybe I actually got in on a party. Then when it said no package I was like huh? Why would they have us invite people for no party?

That is exactly what I thought... then when I realized what it was I was :getyou

cinnamonch
04-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Got the same email twice. I'm like why would I invite someone to a party online for a product they have no idea about. Talk about Stupid.

Anthill
04-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Like so many I at first thought that I got in etc. I am not going to invite anyone either. I am afraid that if I do, do this then they may go this route for all parties from now on. Meaning if people do this after party event they will think : "Look we don't have to give them anything at all, except a couple of coupon w/ .50 off etc, and they still want to party"> Know what I mean??? But I then thought oh what if I don't do this and then I am flagged and don't get in any parties anymore? I guess I think too much??? LOL

MsLynn
04-09-2009, 01:21 PM
yeah me too.. i've only gotten into one party so far and it was a great one. but this one just made me mad

Explorer 4x4'r
04-09-2009, 03:33 PM
I got that BS too

Mom2-3boys
04-09-2009, 03:36 PM
I got the same kind of thing with the Greenworks party last Oct. I got coupons for the Brita water pitcher and some flower seed things.....I am not inviting ppl (most had an hour and a half drive) to come for coupons and flower seeds. Haven't applied since.