PDA

View Full Version : My Ex Husband, the broke moron

WendyLou75
04-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Okay I just got off the phone with the Chancery Court... I got divorced LAST APRIL (April 15th to be exact) and per the Final Decree HE was supposed to pay the court costs. HA, he never had money while we were married, why would he have any now? :getyou Well, apparently he's been slow paying... he owes $180.00, he STILL OWES $130.00 but wait, there's more... the woman in charge of billing says that he has NOT paid ANYTHING since Feb. 17th of this year. She is waiting til the end of the month and they will send out a warrant and execution to get "something of value" (TV, Computer, whatever) that they can sell at auction to get the $130.00 and THEN I'll get my $47.50 back. :rules

See, I'M the one who filed the divorce, went through the NE TN Legal Aid Department, waited 6 months, finally got chosen to go to court (they have a very long waiting list here and only certain people based on circumstance get accepted into the program. He was very abusive and tried to run me over, so that kinda bumped up case.) and paid my fees. So why can't he?! :getyou

atprm
04-08-2009, 01:44 PM
there is always one that isn't responsible in a marriage -- you should be very thankful that you are still alive (from the rate of posts in the N&I forum about deaths related to divorce) -- count this as a blessing.

Have you made sure that there is no way that they will come after you for the monies if he renigs on his obligation? (just be safe not sorry later).

Can they garnish his wages?

jasmine
04-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Of course you are owed and deserve your $47.50 back, and I am sure you will get it hopefully soon. BUT, that is a good deal to get rid of your ex.!!
Chalk it up as what you already know~~ your ex is a looser, and will always be...........

WendyLou75
04-08-2009, 02:26 PM
They could if he was still working. LOL! He's never been one to stay at a job long.
Yeah, I'm very lucky... more than anything he was verbally abusive...but at the end, he came at me with a knife, and then with the car.
And I am sure that they can not come after me because it's in the final decree that he has to pay that amount. I've kept in constant touch with the Chancery clerk. It's almost like we're friends now. ;)

there is always one that isn't responsible in a marriage -- you should be very thankful that you are still alive (from the rate of posts in the N&I forum about deaths related to divorce) -- count this as a blessing.

Have you made sure that there is no way that they will come after you for the monies if he renigs on his obligation? (just be safe not sorry later).

Can they garnish his wages?

WendyLou75
04-08-2009, 02:27 PM
:hug: You're exactly right. ;)

Of course you are owed and deserve your $47.50 back, and I am sure you will get it hopefully soon. BUT, that is a good deal to get rid of your ex.!!
Chalk it up as what you already know~~ your ex is a looser, and will always be...........

iluvmybaby
04-08-2009, 06:32 PM
I wonder how these guys live. There are only 4 possibilities

1) They work under the table and therefore pay no taxes/child support/or spousal support

2) They live with their mother and their mommy pays for them to live on

3) They find a women to support them who doesnt realize what a loser he is

4) Combination of any of the above

PS I am glad you got rid of the jerk

pepperpot
04-08-2009, 07:28 PM
$47.50 to get rid of a jerk.....priceless...consider yourself blessed.....

YankeeMary
04-09-2009, 12:24 PM
$47.50 to get rid of a jerk.....priceless...consider yourself blessed.....

Agreed!!!:star:

iluvmybaby
04-09-2009, 12:52 PM
This is almost like a Mastercard commercial

WendyLou75
04-09-2009, 02:28 PM
It's a combo of #2 and #3. :nono Sad thing is he's in his early 30's like me.
P.S. Thank you! ;)

I wonder how these guys live. There are only 4 possibilities

1) They work under the table and therefore pay no taxes/child support/or spousal support

2) They live with their mother and their mommy pays for them to live on

3) They find a women to support them who doesnt realize what a loser he is

4) Combination of any of the above

PS I am glad you got rid of the jerk

WendyLou75
04-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Oh this one made me bust out laughing. LMAO!!! Too funny!

This is almost like a Mastercard commercial