PDA

View Full Version : Why are you so f*in jealous I get a good deal???

missteena
04-07-2009, 04:22 AM
So what is it lately with store clerks and them feeling the need to be so beechy? I've never had so many problems using coupons in my life. Last week Kroger had that really good deal where I got 4 boxes of granola bars and 5 half gallons of milk/juice for $2 after coupons. Well, I went back to get more deals and they were all out of granola bars so I had them write me two rain checks.

Yesterday I ran in there for a sale they have this week and noticed they had gotten the granola bars back in stock so I was going to use both my rain checks, just in a separate transaction since it was supposed to be limit 1 offer/tran. ANYWAYS...so I load up my cart and I am all excited because I look and realize that after sales and coupons I am only going to pay $10 for 4 -12 packs of pop, 10 half gallons of milk/juice and 8 boxes of granola bars. So I do the first transaction and give my coupons to the lady, pay.....I am putting my stuff in my cart and some lady comes up behind me and scares the CRAP outta me and says "If you have any more of the granola bar coupons, we can't take them."
Me: "Why?"
Her: "Because it's limited to 4 a day because people print all these coupons from the internet."
Me: "Ok fine I will take this stuff out to my car and be back in."
Her: "No mam you can't do that!"
Me: "Fine, then I will be back later when your shift is over."

And that shut her up quickly enough. Why does it matter? You're not inconveniencing me because I WILL be back later. So you might as well just get it over with so your camera don't have to see my face again.

I've had this issue at other places too. The other day I was in Walmart and had internet coupons. They have the barcode to scan them with but the lady said there is supposed to be a little mini barcode towards the top of the coupon and if they don't have that, they can't accept them. Really, when did this policy come into effect? I know of several times before where I had coupons they accepted....I remember one time that I accidently cut half the barcode of the coupon off and the cashier just TYPED the freakin' thing in.

I just had to rant...it's really annoying lately how cashiers are taking it upon themselves to decide if you're paying enough money for the items in your cart or not. They get their paycheck either way and the manufacturer REIMBURSES your store for the coupon. No you don't have your $2 TODAY but trust me, you will get it if you send the coupons back to the manufacturer. GAH!:getyou

mom3cats
04-07-2009, 04:33 AM
I agree with you. They act like you are stealing and its rediculas. I have a lot of trouble using printables at walmart. Every single on is 'counterfit'. Yeah okay.

dv8grl
04-07-2009, 05:09 AM
I agree. Some cashiers act like its coming out of their pocket.
I stopped using printed coupons a long time ago., not worth the hassel.

Taterbo
04-07-2009, 05:28 AM
I agree with the above poster..The money is not coming out of their pocket...Might be worth dropping a dime on the cashier...You would think with jobs being in such demand nowadays you would get better customer service...I am sure the corp office would like to know how their people are treating paying customers...Just kind of makes you mad.

2many
04-07-2009, 05:49 AM
I had one some free coupons at kraft for some free cheese and ritz crackers, went to warehouse to use and was told I couldnt then went to walmart and I could.

Lild
04-07-2009, 05:56 AM
When I was a cashier for Delchamps before it closed (back in the day), they would take money out of my check if they caught me letting people get more than the limit on the "limit" sale items, I understand why also, so that "all" the store customers can get the deal.
With that said, I am sorry you are having so much trouble with the cashiers lately, I know most just act that way to be a B...

atprm
04-07-2009, 06:23 AM
teena -- were you at the Corronade store?? I got a little grief over winetags the last time I was in there...

But, I am quick to tell them that I want their Regional Manager on the phone at that very second and they can explain to him what rules they are trying to create and see what HE says.

Usually that shuts them up and the transaction proceeds as it should have to start with.

jonette5
04-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Well nobody around here will take the printed coupons anymore. Not Walmart, Target, Schnucks or the local grocery store. Sounds like you got some great deals.

Urban Cowgirl
04-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Well nobody around here will take the printed coupons anymore. Not Walmart, Target, Schnucks or the local grocery store. Sounds like you got some great deals.

Last I checked it was Walmarts Corporate policy to take them!

ElleGee
04-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Walmart still takes them... So does Shaw's if you have one near you

ahippiechic
04-07-2009, 07:35 AM
I have never had a problem really with coupons at Walmarts near me, even printed ones.

dinosmom
04-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I totally agree with you!!!!! I get the cashiers who think I am either cheating or stealing or in some way trying to rip the store off using the coupons! WTH! I cant help it I take the time to find and request really awesome coupons!

I dont have a Walmart close to me but when I go to visit my Mom, I always stop by just because they dont seem to hassle me one bit. And the ones near her all take the printed coupons, no questions asked.

starduster31
04-07-2009, 10:50 AM
last time i tried to use a printed coupon at walmart, they did everything but accuse me of stealing. i was mortified, they loudly asked if i had made this coupon up on my computer, stuff like that. i was in tears when i left. i contacted corporate, and got a call from the manager, sorry, wont happen again. guess what? next time, same thing. it is just so aggravating.

ilikefree
04-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Someone posted the following some time ago. I printed it out and I keep it in my coupon file in case I need it:

http://walmartstores.com/7655.aspx

It came right from their site!

missteena
04-07-2009, 02:05 PM
teena -- were you at the Corronade store?? I got a little grief over winetags the last time I was in there...

But, I am quick to tell them that I want their Regional Manager on the phone at that very second and they can explain to him what rules they are trying to create and see what HE says.

Usually that shuts them up and the transaction proceeds as it should have to start with.

I suuure was. I've had no problems with anything before...like I said I think the cashier just saw everything in my cart and realized what I was about to pay for it and thought I shouldn't get that good of a deal.

Lild--As far as the "limits" to things...that's all fine and dandy but SEVERAL times before when Kroger has had the 4/$10 pop and it says limit 4 but I want more, I just do 2 separate transactions and they never say anything so I don't see how this was any different. And I understand they want EVERYONE to get a chance but like I said..I have no problem coming back during another shift and helping myself to another deal...in fact I am sure MANY people do this...I know people who bring their whole family and have each go through a separate line. Really without the stores being absolutely crazy about it there is no way for everyone to cash in on it. Early bird gets the worm... If you REALLY want something, you better be there ASAP. Kinda like black friday....don't expect to show up at noon and still get all the deals you wanted.

keoka3
04-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Last time I was in Walmart they looked at my printed coupons and all of them cause they said some of them had just for one transaction. WTH, I know you can just use one coupon for one item, but they took all of them

WendyLou75
04-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Ya'll are making me nervous. LMAO! I have used printed coupons at K-Mart, Walgreens and Wal-Mart with no problems. In fact I went to Walmart the other night spur of the moment with my coupons and saved almost $8.00. My boyfriend is totally getting into this now. :) Gonna go to CVS tomorrow and see how that goes...

Best deal I've gotten so far is that post I made in Neener Neener about the Dove body wash. Oh and I got one of those Green Giant Vegetable Steamers for like 60 cents with a coupon.

But good luck ya'll with your deals!

lkvf
04-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I have problems with walmart all the time. It makes me so mad!

WendyLou75
04-07-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm curious is this is a regional thing? Because here in TN I've actually had a couple of cashiers ask me if I had coupons, and have always been pleasant about it.

missteena
04-07-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm curious is this is a regional thing? Because here in TN I've actually had a couple of cashiers ask me if I had coupons, and have always been pleasant about it.

No it's a PERSONAL thing. People act like it's coming out of their paychecks or the mouths of their children and it's NOT! The way I see it...you should want my money no matter what form it comes in...and if not...that's fine I can always go elsewhere.

Mary Jo
04-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm with Jonette5-nobody here will take internet printed coupons.

Mary Jo
04-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks, jonette5.
I thought it was just me but nobody here will take internet printed coupons because they say there's too many counterfeit ones.

cstarlight
04-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Last I checked it was Walmarts Corporate policy to take them!

Well they may at some but NONE of the Walmarts here accept internet coupons and i have dealt with everyone all the way up to corporate to no avail.....But it's no big deal as our Krogers & Dollar General take them. I don't shop at Walmart anyways, it is one of the worst stores i have ever run across, i usually shop at Meijers.

WendyLou75
04-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I definitely see your point here, I just wondered if it was the section of the US you're in? I mean I am a Illinois native, born and raised, and yes, people were much ruder there than they are here in Tennessee. Don't get me wrong, I have met some real asses but over all not so much.

No it's a PERSONAL thing. People act like it's coming out of their paychecks or the mouths of their children and it's NOT! The way I see it...you should want my money no matter what form it comes in...and if not...that's fine I can always go elsewhere.

atprm
04-07-2009, 08:21 PM
our stores won't take internet generated coupons either -- they don't even allow you to use the ones that you "load on your card" (kroger / meijer).

I never go to Chinamart because ... well... they suck! LOL

I think Corronade Krogers has some overzealous cashiers -- I feel bad for you :(

GE on US-20 takes and super doubles too -- and they never give any kind of problems :)
(plus sofo's is right there for the bestest meats / breads in T-town)

ilovecats
04-07-2009, 08:27 PM
missteena I have had similar things happen in the past.I remember a cashier once going through all my bags(groceries for 6 people)to make sure I actually bought the items I had coupons for.I am sure the people in line behind me were mad,probably at me.Her behavior was so weird you would have thought I was taking the paltry few dollars out of her pocket.

meltodd69
04-08-2009, 05:12 PM
When I was a cashier I didn't care. Heck I would bring in coupons that I didn't need and give them to people coming through my line so they would get a deal lol. If the customer had an item that I knew we had a better deal hidden somewhere in the store, I would tell them. Like the bogo deals they like to hide on the back endcaps. If you look out for your customers you will have a customers for life.
You treat me like crap in your store, and I will shop somewhere else. It only takes once with me. To many options available out there.

whatever
04-08-2009, 05:43 PM
When I was a cashier I didn't care. Heck I would bring in coupons that I didn't need and give them to people coming through my line so they would get a deal lol. If the customer had an item that I knew we had a better deal hidden somewhere in the store, I would tell them. Like the bogo deals they like to hide on the back endcaps. If you look out for your customers you will have a customers for life.
You treat me like crap in your store, and I will shop somewhere else. It only takes once with me. To many options available out there.

Thats the nicest thing!! I know if I see someone buying something and I have extra coupons and I am NOT going to use them I will ask them if they want a coupon for it. Usually they do. Who doesn't want to save money these days. LOL
I have ran into a few problems. But calling corp. DOES help!! So don't be afraid to do so. Because the more they ( stores) get called the more they "insist" their employees are nicer. IMO

tunisia
04-09-2009, 05:00 AM
funny I came upon this post. I've never had trouble at any of our walmarts(I shop at 3 of them here depending on wherever else I have to run errands) and always they have accepted my coupons...until yesterday :( The cashier told me that "they don't accept computer generated ones because of 'fraud') I asked her since when(had just used some there last month) and she said, 'never'. I reminded her of Walmart's policy, that it is right on their website. She actually argued w/another clerk who told her to scan it! she said if it scans, they accept them. She was sooo ticked off that when she scanned and it accepted. I'm not one to usually think I have to have the last word, but it sure felt good. :)

Rachwes
04-10-2009, 07:51 AM
The only store here that will take internet printed coupons is Kmart and that is something they just started doing recently.

sunniekiss
04-10-2009, 12:23 PM
It is difficult to get internet coupons cashed here as well so I usually don't even bother. Even if I received the coupon from the manufactuter themselves it just is not worth my stress level to save a few bucks but then it is just me so I don't eat all that much anyway.

Stores here limit items and are very strict about enforcinng it. They do not allow you to do things in 2 separate transactions either. My ds works every other weekend at a grocery store & he even says how strictly they enforce their policy.

MOM2B2003
04-13-2009, 08:15 AM
I know people who bring their whole family and have each go through a separate line.

Now just who do you know that does something like that?? :dontknow: I'm sure your mother would not have taught you something like that!:stunned (And I'm quite certain that your sister would NEVER do something like that.)

Kinda like black friday....don't expect to show up at noon and still get all the deals you wanted.

Abso - frickin' - lutely!! ITA!

Ya know....I think that particular Kroger may have you marked. They probably have a picture of you from their security camera hanging in their breakroom with a caption, "If you see this person....." You may want to find another location to coupon shop. Or you may want to vary the time of the day that you go there. Perhaps the other shifts will not know you quite so well........Unless your picture is indeed posted in their breakroom! :twitch

Diana777
04-13-2009, 10:18 AM
I only had problems one time. It was for the free crackers, nuts, and cheese that kraft mailed out. They were the original coupons that I got in the mail. I took them AND the letter from them saying I won and here are your coupons. Walmart still would not take them. The manager said they were fraudulant. So I simply told the casheir to give me back the coupons she had already scanned and the coupons and letter from Kraft and left my stuff right there in the bags in my cart and went to Meijer.